NFL Divisional Playoffs

I was shocked when Carolina scored 14 in the first, then added 21 in the second. 31-0 over a Seattle in the first half. I don't ,any teams that have done that to Seattle in the last three years, let alone in just one half.

I knew the Seahawks would rally, they are a tough team. I also think Seattle is a tougher team than KC. The key was the Panthers control of the line of scrimmage in the first half. They eased off in the second and it allowed for Seattle to comeback.

New England is a good team but they have a lot more talent than KC. New England and Denver benefited greatly with the week off. Conversely I think it killed Carolina and Arizona's momentum coming off the season.

You must be a former student of the Seattle school district....14 points in the first quarter and 21 in the second? That is 35.....

Saturday, January 16

Chiefs at Patriots (-5) (CBS) -- The Chiefs are on a roll. New England looks shaky. I think if Edelman and Gronk play the Pats beat Kansas City

Packers at Cardinals (-6.5) (NBC) -- Green Bay will play better than week 16 against Arizona. Over all, The Cards look like the team to beat.

Sunday January 17

Seahawks at Panthers (-2.5) (FOX) -- Seattle knocked of Carolina last year, this is this year. Seattle looked very beatable last week, that was last week. To me it's a toss up game and I only pick the Panthers because they are home.

Steelers at Broncos (-5.5) (CBS) -- Antonio Brown is out and Big Ben is questionable. If they are out the Steelers are done. Denver's defense is the best in the league.

These picks may change as we get closer to the games and injuries are better known.

Right! You have a full sized poster of Newton

placed over your headboard
with the ink licked off of a certain area.

I like Wilson..true.. But not romantically.. Just as a football god.

Wilson..110.something passer rating.. Newton 99 plus

Wilson nearly 70% efficiency on his throws

Newton less than 60.

Wilson the best QB EVER at this point in his career

Newton wants to believe he is a cartoon character.

Newton's success in the playoffs.. ??? Has he won ANY playoff games?

Wilson has the MOST playoff success of ANY QB since he became a pro.

After Sunday Carolina will seem like a vacation in paradise for the Seahawks.

There will be NO HFA for the Panthers.

Look like Hugs is going to cry all over his Wilson poster tonight.

Newton isn't Superman but Carolina was Seattle's kryptonite.

Hugs, I called it correctly and once again your over estimated how good Seahawks offensive line was.

Take all your stats and your NFL Game Pass and stick it. You are still a suck up for your team and not knowledgeable about football.

Keep trying, maybe one day you'll get to sleep with your hero Wilson.

Your analysis is 100% correct.

The only good news coming out of today's embarrassment is that Schneider and Carroll have an extra month to find the best candidates available to protect Wilson and the Seahawks' future in the upcoming season.

The first half of today's first game couldn't have been more inept.

Russell Okung is a fat tub of useless dog shit. The fantasy that he is some kind of pro bowl level player needs to be cut off at the knees. The Panthers first two scores were primarily the result of Okung's lack of ability or desire to do his job. We do not need a "competition" at the Left Tackle position as Carroll is famous for engineering. I would just like to see the look on Russell Okung's face at the V-Mack when he gets there to get his shit and it is all in a pile in the parking lot with a legal trespass/restraining order document pinned at the top.

Carroll's little magical experiment in the "Next Man Up" method of building personnel has come to an impasse
when it comes to coaches and Offensive and Defensive co-coordinators. It is a cute gimmack to trick players into believing that they all have an equal opportunity to advance to a starting position.

The truth is that certain positions do not get challenged in Carroll's team's.

Carroll was blindly loyal to Sarkanian at USC and the TRUTH was and is that he is an out of control alcoholic and probaly junkie.

The Hawks need to replace both Richards and Bevell. They can stay on as lower level trainers on a short leash.

Let's not forget that the personnel on the worst call in Super Bowl history was Bevell's brainchild ending the Hawk's almost certain repeat SB champs.

Schneider, Bevell, and Cable utterly failed to assemble a dependable O-Line. Their positions need to be restaffed with directors that have ultimatums of performance tied directly to their salaries.

With a total lack of a pass rush I would think some serious consideration drafting or getting some kind of free agent talented pass rusher would be in Seattle future.

I agree that $5 million often injured Russell Okung should either be cut or traded to Cleveland or sumpun.

I was shocked when Carolina scored 14 in the first, then added 21 in the second. 31-0 over a Seattle in the first half. I don't ,any teams that have done that to Seattle in the last three years, let alone in just one half.

I knew the Seahawks would rally, they are a tough team. I also think Seattle is a tougher team than KC. The key was the Panthers control of the line of scrimmage in the first half. They eased off in the second and it allowed for Seattle to comeback.

New England is a good team but they have a lot more talent than KC. New England and Denver benefited greatly with the week off. Conversely I think it killed Carolina and Arizona's momentum coming off the season.

You must be a former student of the Seattle school district....14 points in the first quarter and 21 in the second? That is 35.....

My bad 14 and 17 .

Saturday, January 16

Chiefs at Patriots (-5) (CBS) -- The Chiefs are on a roll. New England looks shaky. I think if Edelman and Gronk play the Pats beat Kansas City

Packers at Cardinals (-6.5) (NBC) -- Green Bay will play better than week 16 against Arizona. Over all, The Cards look like the team to beat.

Sunday January 17

Seahawks at Panthers (-2.5) (FOX) -- Seattle knocked of Carolina last year, this is this year. Seattle looked very beatable last week, that was last week. To me it's a toss up game and I only pick the Panthers because they are home.

Steelers at Broncos (-5.5) (CBS) -- Antonio Brown is out and Big Ben is questionable. If they are out the Steelers are done. Denver's defense is the best in the league.

These picks may change as we get closer to the games and injuries are better known.

Right! You have a full sized poster of Newton

placed over your headboard
with the ink licked off of a certain area.

I like Wilson..true.. But not romantically.. Just as a football god.

Wilson..110.something passer rating.. Newton 99 plus

Wilson nearly 70% efficiency on his throws

Newton less than 60.

Wilson the best QB EVER at this point in his career

Newton wants to believe he is a cartoon character.

Newton's success in the playoffs.. ??? Has he won ANY playoff games?

Wilson has the MOST playoff success of ANY QB since he became a pro.

After Sunday Carolina will seem like a vacation in paradise for the Seahawks.

There will be NO HFA for the Panthers.

Look like Hugs is going to cry all over his Wilson poster tonight.

Newton isn't Superman but Carolina was Seattle's kryptonite.

Hugs, I called it correctly and once again your over estimated how good Seahawks offensive line was.

Take all your stats and your NFL Game Pass and stick it. You are still a suck up for your team and not knowledgeable about football.

Keep trying, maybe one day you'll get to sleep with your hero Wilson.

Your analysis is 100% correct.

The only good news coming out of today's embarrassment is that Schneider and Carroll have an extra month to find the best candidates available to protect Wilson and the Seahawks' future in the upcoming season.

The first half of today's first game couldn't have been more inept.

Russell Okung is a fat tub of useless dog shit. The fantasy that he is some kind of pro bowl level player needs to be cut off at the knees. The Panthers first two scores were primarily the result of Okung's lack of ability or desire to do his job. We do not need a "competition" at the Left Tackle position as Carroll is famous for engineering. I would just like to see the look on Russell Okung's face at the V-Mack when he gets there to get his shit and it is all in a pile in the parking lot with a legal trespass/restraining order document pinned at the top.

Carroll's little magical experiment in the "Next Man Up" method of building personnel has come to an impasse
when it comes to coaches and Offensive and Defensive co-coordinators. It is a cute gimmack to trick players into believing that they all have an equal opportunity to advance to a starting position.

The truth is that certain positions do not get challenged in Carroll's team's.

Carroll was blindly loyal to Sarkanian at USC and the TRUTH was and is that he is an out of control alcoholic and probaly junkie.

The Hawks need to replace both Richards and Bevell. They can stay on as lower level trainers on a short leash.

Let's not forget that the personnel on the worst call in Super Bowl history was Bevell's brainchild ending the Hawk's almost certain repeat SB champs.

Schneider, Bevell, and Cable utterly failed to assemble a dependable O-Line. Their positions need to be restaffed with directors that have ultimatums of performance tied directly to their salaries.

With a total lack of a pass rush I would think some serious consideration drafting or getting some kind of free agent talented pass rusher would be in Seattle future.

I agree that $5 million often injured Russell Okung should either be cut or traded to Cleveland or sumpun.

Okung has been coasting for the last two seasons. Him being a Pro Bowl OT was the worst thing that the voters could have done to the Seahawks. Okung has been
riding his press clippings from previous seasons way past any proof he deserved them.

Cable is an idiot. Him thinking that they needed him(Okung) to anchor the untested O-Line by having somebody with experience in the mix was EXACTLY what shot the Hawks in the foot all season long. At least the new guys on the O-Line did get marginally better each week while that stupd lazy fuck Okung just kept getting worse.

The Hawks would have been better off getting rid of that useless fuck RO from the get go and put in someone that could grow with the rest of the O-LIne.

Last edited:
  1. I also think there is some logic to either trading or releasing Lynch...free up $4.5 million + and if, and I mean a big if, Michael can...one: hold on to the ball and two: be consistent, that being accomplished along with Rawls who was major awesome this season and will deserve a boost in salary from his $530K a year.... Lynch won't be missed. After all Lynch is only 29 which is almost a year younger then Adrian Peterson who led the NFL in rushing even after nearly a year absent from football.
I think there would be a lot of interest in Lynch by other teams with no running game to speak of. Maybe trade for a effective offensive tackle.

I F'in nailed da' Panthers putting up 31 pts..

See ya' next year Huggy..........:lmao:..........

There are two quarterbacks left in the playoffs who have won a Super Bowl, or actually, have played in a Super Bowl. Mister Manning or Mister Brady will win the Super Bowl. Whoever wins the AFC playoff game will win the SB.

I hate saying that, because unless Manning can regain his power and accuracy, Brady is going to win. I will hate to see the Putriots win another SB. But there is little I can do about it.

Cam is one hell of an athlete and Carson is a great QB, but the team play and experience will win out, logic tells me. Please convince me otherwise.

I F'in nailed da' Panthers putting up 31 pts..

See ya' next year Huggy..........:lmao:..........

There are two quarterbacks left in the playoffs who have won a Super Bowl, or actually, have played in a Super Bowl. Mister Manning or Mister Brady will win the Super Bowl. Whoever wins the AFC playoff game will win the SB.

I hate saying that, because unless Manning can regain his power and accuracy, Brady is going to win. I will hate to see the Putriots win another SB. But there is little I can do about it.

Cam is one hell of an athlete and Carson is a great QB, but the team play and experience will win out, logic tells me. Please convince me otherwise.

You got the part right about Peytons' power and accuracy. I wouldn't go as far to say that Palmer is great, as 'great' doesn't almost throw away a playoff game like Palmer almost did last week against the Packers with high caliber receivers like he has.
I have no problem backing Cam if the Panthers are in the SB, as he is having a career year and in part due to the team defensive play of the Panthers that have forced numerous turnovers throughout the year putting Cam in an offensive spot to strike.
If the SB came down to Cam vs. Psycho-Tom, I'm most certainly going to go with Cam. But, Cam is not there, yet. Palmer could be instead, but Manning definitely won't be there.

1. I also think there is some logic to either trading or releasing Lynch...free up $4.5 million + and if, and I mean a big if, Michael can...one: hold on to the ball and two: be consistent, that being accomplished along with Rawls who was major awesome this season and will deserve a boost in salary from his $530K a year.... Lynch won't be missed. After all Lynch is only 29 which is almost a year younger then Adrian Peterson who led the NFL in rushing even after nearly a year absent from football.
I think there would be a lot of interest in Lynch by other teams with no running game to speak of. Maybe trade for a effective offensive tackle.

Lynch has, no doubt, brought some exciting running to the team but I for one an getting tired of his eccentricities. His bullshit heading out to the WC game was the last straw for me. He wasted a whole week's worth of first team snaps preparing for the Vikings. As I look rearwards on the season as a whole the team would have been better having him on injured reserve rather than play this "were taking this one day at a time" bullshit.

I like the idea to trade him, Lynch, for a top tier L O T. That would solve two problems showing Lynch the door and and closing it behind Okung.

Lynch has, no doubt, brought some exciting running to the team but I for one an getting tired of his eccentricities. His bullshit heading out to the WC game was the last straw for me. He wasted a whole week's worth of first team snaps preparing for the Vikings. As I look rearwards on the season as a whole the team would have been better having him on injured reserve rather than play this "were taking this one day at a time" bullshit.

I like the idea to trade him, Lynch, for a top tier L O T. That would solve two problems showing Lynch the door and and closing it behind Okung.

The Seahawks might get a pick they can turn into a good LT, but they aren't going to be trading Lynch for a top LT. I can't imagine any team doing that, particularly in this era of running back by committee and more passing heavy teams.

Forum List

Back