NFL Divisional Playoffs

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
Saturday, January 16

Chiefs at Patriots (-5) (CBS) -- The Chiefs are on a roll. New England looks shaky. I think if Edelman and Gronk play the Pats beat Kansas City

Packers at Cardinals (-6.5) (NBC) -- Green Bay will play better than week 16 against Arizona. Over all, The Cards look like the team to beat.

Sunday January 17

Seahawks at Panthers (-2.5) (FOX) -- Seattle knocked of Carolina last year, this is this year. Seattle looked very beatable last week, that was last week. To me it's a toss up game and I only pick the Panthers because they are home.

Steelers at Broncos (-5.5) (CBS) -- Antonio Brown is out and Big Ben is questionable. If they are out the Steelers are done. Denver's defense is the best in the league.

These picks may change as we get closer to the games and injuries are better known.

Saturday, January 16

Chiefs at Patriots (-5) (CBS) -- The Chiefs are on a roll. New England looks shaky. I think if Edelman and Gronk play the Pats beat Kansas City

Packers at Cardinals (-6.5) (NBC) -- Green Bay will play better than week 16 against Arizona. Over all, The Cards look like the team to beat.

Sunday January 17

Seahawks at Panthers (-2.5) (FOX) -- Seattle knocked of Carolina last year, this is this year. Seattle looked very beatable last week, that was last week. To me it's a toss up game and I only pick the Panthers because they are home.

Steelers at Broncos (-5.5) (CBS) -- Antonio Brown is out and Big Ben is questionable. If they are out the Steelers are done. Denver's defense is the best in the league.

These picks may change as we get closer to the games and injuries are better known.

Right! You have a full sized poster of Newton
placed over your headboard
with the ink licked off of a certain area.

I like Wilson..true.. But not romantically.. Just as a football god.

Wilson..110.something passer rating.. Newton 99 plus

Wilson nearly 70% efficiency on his throws

Newton less than 60.

Wilson the best QB EVER at this point in his career

Newton wants to believe he is a cartoon character.

Newton's success in the playoffs.. ??? Has he won ANY playoff games?

Wilson has the MOST playoff success of ANY QB since he became a pro.

After Sunday Carolina will seem like a vacation in paradise for the Seahawks.

There will be NO HFA for the Panthers.

I don't pick your Seahawks and that makes me a Cam lover? Whatever! I picked Seattle to win last week and said they wouldn't cover. You said it would be a call walk for Seattle. You were wrong and I was right.

Sorry Sumggy, that I pissed you off and called it.

I pick who I pick because I go off who I think will win. Not who I want to win. You are a real idiot.

If both QBs were playing against each other or were the only people on the field, I'd pick Wilson.

Not sure what a hfa nor do I care. Now go beat off to your Wilson poster.

I don't pick your Seahawks and that makes me a Cam lover? Whatever! I picked Seattle to win last week and said they wouldn't cover. You said it would be a call walk for Seattle. You were wrong and I was right.

Sorry Sumggy, that I pissed you off and called it.

I pick who I pick because I go off who I think will win. Not who I want to win. You are a real idiot.

If both QBs were playing against each other or were the only people on the field, I'd pick Wilson.

Not sure what a hfa nor do I care. Now go beat off to your Wilson poster.

Home Field Advantage.

I like KC, Panthers, AZ and Denver. The best game, IMO, will be Seattle vs Carolina. But it would be very hard to pick one I don't want to see.

Saturday, January 16

Sunday January 17

I'm also going with all the home teams. The Chiefs have both Maclin and Houston listed as game time decisions, whether they play or not is big.

I am going out on a limb and picking:

Kansas City over New England.....because I predicted KC to be in the Super Bowl...can't go back on that now. That and the fact KC has a better defense and is one of the hottest teams in the entire NFL.
Denver over Pittsburgh.....The Steelers have too many injuries at the wrong time. Denver has the number one defense in the entire NFL. The combination of the two means the Broncos win at home.
Arizona over Green Bay....again I picked the Cardinals to be in the Super Bowl. Arizona has too many weapons in Palmer to Fitzgerald while GB has a weak receiving core against a strong Arizona pass defense.
Seattle over Carolina....One: I am a Hawks fan, two: Defense, defense....Whether you want to believe it or not Wilson is a better overall quarterback. Highest QBR in the NFL. Shut down the Panthers run and dare Newton to pass.

Antonio Brown is out, so does anyone think Adam Jones will apologize to Brown after Jones said he knew that Brown was faking?

Brown and Burrfitt need to get cut and nobody should pick those two up.

Seahawks have had too many 4th quarter let-ups this year. Panthers defense is a 'bear' at home and will continue to be. Besides, Cam is on the precipice of becoming great and I see him not stopping at this point.
Panthers 31-17 winnahs!

Denver over Steelers as Pittsburgh is seriously wounded.
Cardinals over GB as Rodgers, even tho' he's feeling his oats after last week, is surrounded by a non-supporting cast.
Patriots over KC, as in Belichick and Brady I trust, while Reid without Maclin, not so much.

Rothlesburger received some damage to his ribs or "core" soft tissue in the last game. He is starting to get older and less likely to just bounce back from week to week. I'm a feared this will be the end of the line for the Steelers.

AZ should walk all over the Packers.

Brady is still better than Smith. W/L records don't mean as much in the playoffs. This should be a close game.

The Hawks are pretty much at full strength. The Panthers are weak at the corners. If Seattle can give Wilson time to throw, that will be the difference.

I will be rooting for the Chiefs but am not confident in a win. We have been on a roll yes but our schedule was relatively weak and some of those games were barely won. My confidence will be much higher IF we can get an early lead.

I will be rooting for the Chiefs but am not confident in a win. We have been on a roll yes but our schedule was relatively weak and some of those games were barely won. My confidence will be much higher IF we can get an early lead.

This is one of those EXTREME very rare moments in life that I am rooting for your Chiefs to win the fact they are playing a team that has tainted the sport.

This is one of those EXTREME very rare moments in life that I am rooting for your Chiefs to win the fact they are playing a team that has tainted the sport.
I think a Super Bowl visit or victory would be amazing considering the World Series Champs stadium is only a few yards away.

It will be very tough without Maclin.

Our picks are the same, maybe for similar and not so same reasons ............but we got this weekend sewed up an' bleedin' from every extremity, pickwise!!! :eusa_clap:

Forum List

Back