Next overturned ship incident

A bedside book that can help you conquer your fears...

714PH4X5FRL._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.gif
One day several years ago I circled the Norwegian Gem, my boat lost some lift in the stir behind the ship

norwegian-gem-26.jpg

Better yet I surfed my boat on the outgoing wake of an Italian registered box freighter....Had my kids with me for both

---------------------------------------- if it ain't one thing then its another eh Frannie ??
Not letting Iran ship its oil is having consequences at home pismoe

You are a nutter.
And no one you do not know can read your email

Enjoy your hot cocoa

Ok. Are you saying that these boats had problems because of Iranian Agents? Or an act of Allah?

Everyone stay off boats.

No ... just you ... and anyone else who is afraid of them.
Have you been a terrorist for long?

That is what they want ahole
And now, crazy enough to call fellow posters "terrorists". :71:
When you give in to terror you become what they want. Truth matters
And the OP is full of fear.
Can't blame her. You scum are trying to kill us all.

Everyone stay off boats.

No ... just you ... and anyone else who is afraid of them.
Have you been a terrorist for long?

That is what they want ahole
And now, crazy enough to call fellow posters "terrorists". :71:
When you give in to terror you become what they want. Truth matters
And the OP is full of fear.
Did you hear the story about the brave Impala that was not fearful of sounds in the grass?

the stir behind the ship

It's called prop wash in the ship's wake.
It's called lack of buoyancy when your boat drops...…………

Or underwear color change

Actually, it's not. Buoyancy is the relationship between the density of an object and the density of the fluid in which it is immersed (not my definition, it's Archimedes' definition).

The state of turbulence in the water doesn't have any effect on the buoyancy of a boat.

The motion of a boat in water in an up or down direction is called 'heave' ... it's also a slang word for the act of vomiting and there is a relationship.

the stir behind the ship

Actually, it's not. Buoyancy is the relationship between the density of an object and the density of the fluid in which it is immersed (not my definition, it's Archimedes' definition).

The state of turbulence in the water doesn't have any effect on the buoyancy of a boat.

The motion of a boat in water in an up or down direction is called 'heave' ... it's also a slang word for the act of vomiting and there is a relationship.
Water can become so aerated that buoyancy is depleted.

the stir behind the ship

A change in the density of the fluid. Still, the motion is still called heave.

the stir behind the ship

Actually the wash is made of air bubbles which do not support the vessel in the same way as the water does, so buoyancy is effected and the boat drops as air will not support the boats weight.

Actually the wash is made of air bubbles which do not support the vessel in the same way as the water does, so buoyancy is effected and the boat drops as air will not support the boats weight

Actually, not ... air bubbles caused by a ship's screw (or prop) is called cavitation. Cavitation is a local event, it only effects the water in the immediate vicinity of the ship's screw.

If you were close enough to the screw to experience lack of water density due to cavitation, you (and your kids) would be like frogs in a blender. The heave (or any of the five directions in which a boat might move) would be the least of your problems.

the stir behind the ship

The motion down in the water column of the boat in this situation is due to the waters decreased density which effects the buoyancy of the boat. The boat dropped enough to be noticed, there was little turbulence as the ship was just outside Verrazano Narrows and was only doing a couple of knots, the screws on this ship must have been enormous

Norwegian_Gem.jpg

Last edited:
The 34 bodies in Cal aren't even buried yet that's why
That boat caught fire
The Georgia ship was on fire too

Yup
One was a ship, the other a boat
Big difference
Esoteric terms, a Seawolf is a boat

the stir behind the ship

Many Kayakers experience this as they suddenly sink in turbulent water.

Forum List

Back