Newt's ex is going to spill the beans.

Of course, I was always the good and cool one in my relationships. :eusa_angel:

And now for a rebuttal... they guy who drunk called you at 12 AM... :lol:

Seriously, though, I think that if this was the best shot they had against Newt, the one they've been holding for just a moment like this, and it's probably a net gain for Newt. Newt is always at its best when railing against a liberal media that treats conservatives like they are Martians.

The fact that Newt is a lying, cheating, hypocrite isn't going to keep him from becoming president. The fact that he is, well, Newt Gingrich will. :D

So how is being a lying cheating hypocrite bad for Newt, but okay for Clinton?

Oh, because Clinton supports issues you like. Kind of. When he isn't throwing you under the bus, that is. (DOMA).

I look at it this way. Which one of these guys would I want in charge if there's that 3 AM call that goes, "Mr. President, the North Koreans just launched an attack on the USS Nimitz. What do we do, sir?"

It ain't Obama and it ain't Romney. It certainly isn't Ron Paul.

It looks like his daughters believe him...

Gingrich Daughters: Open Marriage Charge Not True - ABC News

I've been thinking alot about this because i like Newt. Why is his ex-wife coming out with this NOW? She's known for months he was running, why wait till the last minute to spring this crap?

The way i see it, yes, he was wrong for having the affair. I don't think i believe he asked for an "open" marriage like she says. I think she's just been waiting for a chance to get back at him (imho). Besides, he's been married now for 13 yrs? to the woman he had the affair with. Has there been ANY other claims of him doing anything like this during this time? People change...Newt admitted to the affair, and he's also claimed he's a born again Christian. I can't say he isn't, I've seen him on programs like Charles Stanley (a Baptist preacher from Georgia, and a very good man) and Newt has talked about his faith.

If God HAS forgiven him for his trespasses, so can i. I'm more interested in someone that i feel that lead this country back to where it was, or better. It's going to take someone tough to do this and i think Newt can. He's not afraid to say what's on his mind and i really like him for that too. I think some people here are going to be very surprised - most people are not going to hold his past against him. It's not like he hung out with terrorists, went to an America hating church for 20 years, and has kept his background (college records, etc) under lock and key. That kind of record worries me A LOT more than someone that had a couple of affairs YEARS ago.

Having affairs is wrong, but it isn't going to effect how he does the job.

Actually, all this may work in favor of Newt. We already know that Newt had some issues with wives. Nobody really wants their family coming out airing all their dirty laundry.

Actually, all this may work in favor of Newt. We already know that Newt had some issues with wives. Nobody really wants their family coming out airing all their dirty laundry.

yep..this has totally backfired...serves the media right..they've become nothing but gutter politics when it comes to Republicans..

Even if he was a complete cad, do you really want your family members coming out and writing books? That in itself is disgusting. And, what about the hurt inflicted on children or other family members when you put that crap out there for public fodder? This might seem like some Ace in the Hole so to speak but it isn't.

It's funny how the MSM seeks to destroy as many GOP candidates as possible, all the while calling it the vetting process, but yet in 2007 you never heard a peep about Obamas association to william ayers and bernadine dorn and the underground terrorist network weather underground, you also never heard them question him on who his drug dealer was that he bought the cocaine from.
The MSM jumped the gun on this one too early, people are onto the game and are getting tired of it, nobody gives a shit what happened 12 years ago, gingrich is not friends with domestic terrorists and he sure as hell is not sniffing cocaine, this will not work out very well for the left or the Media, people are getting numb to this stupid shit already, if anything it will boost his numbers, not hurt them.

The fact that Newt is a lying, cheating, hypocrite isn't going to keep him from becoming president. The fact that he is, well, Newt Gingrich will. :D

Well, when Clinton was a lying, cheating hypocrite...you voted for him... So is the issue for you really lying, cheating hypocrisy? Or is it that he's a Republican?

Oh, because Clinton supports issues you like. Kind of. When he isn't throwing you under the bus, that is. (DOMA).

I look at it this way. Which one of these guys would I want in charge if there's that 3 AM call that goes, "Mr. President, the North Koreans just launched an attack on the USS Nimitz. What do we do, sir?"

Where was it OK for Clinton?

Wasn't he run through the impeachment ringer because of it? Led by Newt of all people

You voted for him, nitwit.

And Clinton had to answer for every affair and even had a special prosecutor assigned to investigate at taxpayers expense. All initiated by Newt Gingrich

Yet Newt acts outraged if he is even asked a question

Janet Reno appointed the special prosecutor, nitwit.

Apparently what you're saying is that we should elect Newt but then appoint someone to prosecute him for infidelity.

You voted for him, nitwit.

And Clinton had to answer for every affair and even had a special prosecutor assigned to investigate at taxpayers expense. All initiated by Newt Gingrich

Yet Newt acts outraged if he is even asked a question

Janet Reno appointed the special prosecutor, nitwit.

Apparently what you're saying is that we should elect Newt but then appoint someone to prosecute him for infidelity.

One only has to ask...

"What would Newt do?"

It's funny how the MSM seeks to destroy as many GOP candidates as possible, all the while calling it the vetting process, but yet in 2007 you never heard a peep about Obamas association to william ayers and bernadine dorn and the underground terrorist network weather underground, you also never heard them question him on who his drug dealer was that he bought the cocaine from.
The MSM jumped the gun on this one too early, people are onto the game and are getting tired of it, nobody gives a shit what happened 12 years ago, gingrich is not friends with domestic terrorists and he sure as hell is not sniffing cocaine, this will not work out very well for the left or the Media, people are getting numb to this stupid shit already, if anything it will boost his numbers, not hurt them.

No one but you cares about William Ayers... Get over yourself.

There are a lot of things to criticize Obama about, but the fact that he knows someone who acted badly 40 years ago isn't one of them. Dorn and Ayers never went to prison because the government violated their rights, and couldn't use damning evidence against them. So don't whine now that they have legitimacy....

Wasn't he run through the impeachment ringer because of it? Led by Newt of all people

Well, let's look at that.

Clinton got a pass for being an adulterer. We knew he was an adulterer when we elected him.

What got him put through an impeachment wringer, as you say, was his turning a nusicince lawsuit into a constitutional crisis. He should have just settled when she was asking for 250K. He ended up paying her $850K, plus spent millions in legal fees, plus got impeached.

More to the point, as another poster pointed out, Janet Reno appointed the IC to investigate him. Clinton was the guy who decided we really needed to bring the IC statue back after it had been abused by Lawrence Walsh in Iran-Contra.

So most of his wounds in the Lewinsky thing were self-inflicted, not working up a lot of sympathy here.

Forum List

Back