Newt Gingrich: Wealth trumps the Rule of Law

Its satisfying isn't it, watching the left writhe in agony and suffer. :popcorn:
If you worked as hard at work that you do at imagining, you wouldn't need to live in mom's basement.

Ahahaha and here ^^^ we have an example. Lashing out with a personal attack won't ease your pain lib, and your pain is only just beginning. You have at least 4 years of pain and suffering ahead of you. I told you people 8 years ago what goes around comes around now its your turn.

You're actually in your bed at home now literally screaming because of your butt hurt, aren't you? Be honest

Are you just a One Trick Pony with that Butt Hurt remark.....geeezzzzzz think up some new ones...

Its satisfying isn't it, watching the left writhe in agony and suffer. :popcorn:

writhe
rīT͟H/
verb
respond with great emotional or physical discomfort to (a violent or unpleasant feeling or thought)

Not bad, but come on guys get creative like ;:

Oh The Wretchedness , Get a Greenlight and Move on.....:biggrin:

I stopped short of wishing a plague on the left, since its almost Christmas. Merry Christmas libs I elected not to put a curse on you.

Ahhh, you have the Christmas Spirit... Merry Christmas to you~

Newt Gingrich has a take on how Donald Trump can keep from running afoul of U.S. ethics laws: Change the ethics laws.

And should someone in the Trump administration cross the line, Gingrich has a potential answer for that too.

“In the case of the president, he has a broad ability to organize the White House the way he wants to. He also has, frankly, the power of the pardon,” Gingrich said. “It’s a totally open power. He could simply say, ‘Look, I want them to be my advisers. I pardon them if anyone finds them to have behaved against the rules. Period. Technically, under the Constitution, he has that level of authority.”

But it was Gingrich’s suggestion that Trump could sidestep potential problems inside his administration — through his constitutional right to issue pardons — that prompted an incredulous reply from the NPR program’s host and two of her guests.

“Speaker Gingrich’s statement that wealth trumps the rule of law, basically that’s what he was saying, is jaw-dropping,” added American University government professor James Thurber. “I can’t believe it. He’s a historian. He should also know that we did not want to have a king. A king in this case is somebody with a lot of money who cannot abide by the rule of law."

Gingrich: Congress should change ethics laws for Trump
--------------------------------
Republicans passed a law "The Stock Act of 2012" aimed directly at President Obama and Joe Biden, to keep them from making money while in the White House. Now they are stuck with it because Trump will violate that law on the day he enters office. Hilarious!

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...-trump-sold-off-stocks-in-june-spokesman-says

Since Trump has refused to release his tax returns, it is also not immediately clear how much money his investments had netted him over the years. Per the Stock Act of 2012, Trump would have been required as president to file a report within 45 days after overseeing stock transactions exceeding $1,000 in value.

Trump's transition team did not immediately return a request for comment.

Trump said in a Fox Business interview earlier this year that he'd "never been a big investor in the stock market." But a
financial disclosure form released in May estimated Trump held up to around $40 million in equity at the time, with a portfolio that included holdings in companies like ConocoPhillips, Halliburton, Apple, Caterpillar and Citigroup.

------------------------------------------

Two years is more than enough time to change his gullible base into a pissed off base. There will be no high paying, unskilled jobs requiring no education. By midterms, Trump will be toxic. The GOP will be unwilling to defend his skirting the law anymore. All this information will seep in. People who say la dee dah about his tax returns will be demanding to see said returns.

And Newt's words will be remembered as the words of the GOP.

Change the ethics laws. “It’s a totally open power. He could simply say, ‘Look, I want them to be my advisers. I pardon them if anyone finds them to have behaved against the rules. Period. Technically, under the Constitution, he has that level of authority.”

Wealth trumps the rule of law.

As long as the American electorate is happy, that's OK. But not when they become unhappy. What Republicans do will affect their future vote. The Media has been played by Trump. They understand that now. They will be much less friendly in the future.

To be talking already about "pardons" before he is even sworn in is awful. A telltale sign of where we are headed.

You're actually in your bed at home now literally screaming because of your butt hurt, aren't you? Be honest

Are you just a One Trick Pony with that Butt Hurt remark.....geeezzzzzz think up some new ones...

No, you're a one trick pony with the butt hurt

Newt Gingrich has a take on how Donald Trump can keep from running afoul of U.S. ethics laws: Change the ethics laws.

And should someone in the Trump administration cross the line, Gingrich has a potential answer for that too.

“In the case of the president, he has a broad ability to organize the White House the way he wants to. He also has, frankly, the power of the pardon,” Gingrich said. “It’s a totally open power. He could simply say, ‘Look, I want them to be my advisers. I pardon them if anyone finds them to have behaved against the rules. Period. Technically, under the Constitution, he has that level of authority.”

But it was Gingrich’s suggestion that Trump could sidestep potential problems inside his administration — through his constitutional right to issue pardons — that prompted an incredulous reply from the NPR program’s host and two of her guests.

“Speaker Gingrich’s statement that wealth trumps the rule of law, basically that’s what he was saying, is jaw-dropping,” added American University government professor James Thurber. “I can’t believe it. He’s a historian. He should also know that we did not want to have a king. A king in this case is somebody with a lot of money who cannot abide by the rule of law."

Republicans passed a law "The Stock Act of 2012" aimed directly at President Obama and Joe Biden, to keep them from making money while in the White House. Now they are stuck with it because Trump will violate that law on the day he enters office. Hilarious!

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles...-trump-sold-off-stocks-in-june-spokesman-says

Since Trump has refused to release his tax returns, it is also not immediately clear how much money his investments had netted him over the years. Per the Stock Act of 2012, Trump would have been required as president to file a report within 45 days after overseeing stock transactions exceeding $1,000 in value.

Trump said in a Fox Business interview earlier this year that he'd "never been a big investor in the stock market." But a
financial disclosure form released in May estimated Trump held up to around $40 million in equity at the time, with a portfolio that included holdings in companies like ConocoPhillips, Halliburton, Apple, Caterpillar and Citigroup.

Two years is more than enough time to change his gullible base into a pissed off base. There will be no high paying, unskilled jobs requiring no education. By midterms, Trump will be toxic. The GOP will be unwilling to defend his skirting the law anymore. All this information will seep in. People who say la dee dah about his tax returns will be demanding to see said returns.

Change the ethics laws. “It’s a totally open power. He could simply say, ‘Look, I want them to be my advisers. I pardon them if anyone finds them to have behaved against the rules. Period. Technically, under the Constitution, he has that level of authority.”

As long as the American electorate is happy, that's OK. But not when they become unhappy. What Republicans do will affect their future vote. The Media has been played by Trump. They understand that now. They will be much less friendly in the future.

To be talking already about "pardons" before he is even sworn in is awful. A telltale sign of where we are headed.

Ok so that quote was from a prof and not Gingrich, another lie by you lefties, the next 4 are gonna be great, you guys are crazy and will do alot of stupid stuff
I have my MAGA hat and you guys try and take it from me

Ok so that quote was from a prof and not Gingrich, another lie by you lefties, the next 4 are gonna be great, you guys are crazy and will do alot of stupid stuff
I have my MAGA hat and you guys try and take it from me
Try this one fool:

“We’ve never seen this kind of wealth in the White House, and so traditional rules don’t work,” Gingrich said Monday during an appearance on NPR’s "The Diane Rehm Show" about the president-elect’s business interests. “We’re going to have to think up a whole new approach.”

Only the president doesn't have that kind of authority.

Your kind is always looking for a way out rather than confronting the truth. Why is that? Don't you understand when Trump fucks the country, he is fucking you?

writhe
rīT͟H/
verb
respond with great emotional or physical discomfort to (a violent or unpleasant feeling or thought)

I stopped short of wishing a plague on the left, since its almost Christmas. Merry Christmas libs I elected not to put a curse on you.
Are you a witch?

When the hell has that ever been the case? You're an idiot and have no skills but deserve a job paying enough for a home, groceries and a new car? Nobody that voted for Trump is even thinking this is the goal.
Trump says he is going to bring jobs back.

Name the jobs. Tell us what kind of jobs. Tell us what qualifications you need for those jobs.

Tell us Trump's policy on education.

Go ahead. I dare you.

Edit: one job group example that could quickly come back. Millions of Hi-Tech jobs were shipped overseas due to over-Taxation/Regs.
Production Hi-Tech was decimated. If it returns (it could, very quickly and easily).......all other jobs rise with it. DizzyDean asked.

Hi-Tech. BSEE, MSEE, BSEET
Technician. ASEE ASEET BSEET BSIT
Civil. BSME
On and on. Once those are staffed up, they spend. Service jobs increase. Wealth begins to increase.

Let me let you in on a little secret. The Trump base doesn't do "degrees". They want high paying jobs that require no skills, training or education.

writhe
rīT͟H/
verb

Are you a witch?

Forum List

Back