Newsweek Article: Smuggled Bushmeat Is Ebola's Back Door to America

Bushmeat is where ebola got its start. A week or two ago, there was a segment on MSNBC about it being smuggled into the US.

Why is this in the Politics forum?

I am truly shocked by the nations the article just listed as affected with Ebola - I had heard Liberia and that was all. I didn't know that Guinea and Sierra Leone were also included. This is really stunning news because I have heard two ministers of the LORD - one a while back who went to Guinea and the other from Sierra Leone whose video tape I put up recently which warned the people of Sierra Leone that the judgment of God was coming - the other was from some time ago and again it had to do with the Muslims in Guinea not permitting the Gospel - the methods of brutality - horrific treatment of anyone Christian or who dared to come to minister to those in prison there. This appears to be the judgment of God on those nations - and now they are bringing it here to their own people through their food they smuggle in. How horrific is that. This food is noted as being used in witchcraft / demon ceremonies - very disturbing news. I'm truly amazed that Sierra Leone and Guinea are listed! This makes sense.

I believe that the writer of the OP is trying to make a political statement. What a shame. It's a health issue, not a political one.

Sounds more like the judgment of God from the nations I just saw on that list, Stat. Sierra Leone was warned not too long ago! I posted the video here on this very board! I have to look at the date on the video - I doubt it is even a year old! That judgment is surely falling even now! I can tell you this right now! There is a people in that nation who are living holy unto the LORD - they are the few that are following the LORD according to the Bible and I can tell you right now Psalm 91 is theirs! It will not touch a single one of them! Not a one! I have to replay that video if I can find it! The people of Sierra Leone were warned! The minister that the LORD sent to Guinea I have on CD and there is no video of the testimony to my knowledge but Guinea has been oppressing the Christian people for a very long time and this is surely God bringing judgment upon them now. Those who have moved here haven't escaped a thing. God is not random - God is extremely specific! Never doubt it! I will have to research Liberia and see what that nation was up to - there is nothing random about this.

I believe that the writer of the OP is trying to make a political statement. What a shame. It's a health issue, not a political one.

Sounds more like the judgment of God from the nations I just saw on that list, Stat. Sierra Leone was warned not too long ago! I posted the video here on this very board! I have to look at the date on the video - I doubt it is even a year old! That judgment is surely falling even now! I can tell you this right now! There is a people in that nation who are living holy unto the LORD - they are the few that are following the LORD according to the Bible and I can tell you right now Psalm 91 is theirs! It will not touch a single one of them! Not a one! I have to replay that video if I can find it! The people of Sierra Leone were warned! The minister that the LORD sent to Guinea I have on CD and there is no video of the testimony to my knowledge but Guinea has been oppressing the Christian people for a very long time and this is surely God bringing judgment upon them now. Those who have moved here haven't escaped a thing. God is not random - God is extremely specific! Never doubt it! I will have to research Liberia and see what that nation was up to - there is nothing random about this.

So, your god created ebola?

I thought President Obama did that.

Obama allowed ebola to infect the United States citizens by allowing people of the infected African nations into this country. It is his fault.

meat smuggled from Africa?

how do you do that, ice chests? where do you get ice that lasts fro Africa to the US ?
or do people eat 3-4 day old rotten meat

Obama allowed ebola to infect the United States citizens by allowing people of the infected African nations into this country. It is his fault.

I have to agree. Our Immigration System has collapsed. And it has been done intentionally. Illegal Immigration is wrong. This President is in violation of the oath of office he swore to. He's a criminal. I don't consider him to be my President. He should have been Impeached a long time ago.

using your logic Reagan let Aids into this country didn't he...

using your logic Reagan let Aids into this country didn't he...
No.

Let's be real, our Immigration System has collapsed. And it was done intentionally. Criminals are running our country. They should all be held accountable.

Uh, ebola is ABSOLUTELY a political issue but not one subject to partisan politics. An epidemic of ebola in the US would make it a national security threat. As such, it belongs in political discussion.

I'm glad people are finally getting to the issue of ebola being carried and transmitted by animals. I wish our president would wake up to the implications of it entering the rat population means for the US food supply...for example... You know, with its "allowable levels of rat feces"...

That is an accurate statement. At any time, our president, like England and France's leadership, could've ordered a complete halt to anyone entering the US without quarantine who was coming, directly or indirectly from having spent any amount of time in the afflicted West African countries.

meat smuggled from Africa?

how do you do that, ice chests? where do you get ice that lasts fro Africa to the US ?
or do people eat 3-4 day old rotten meat
It hasn't taken 3-4 days to travel around the world for a hundred years...

Food, even perishables, are commonly transported across the planet. There is nothing surprising that it occurs with meat products. There are also many meat products that can last a long time without any refrigeration at all. Ever heard of jerky?

If you stop to think about it, smuggling meat is not all that complicated. Of course, you also have to realize that it does not take much - a single infected piece of meat could have disastrous effects if it infects the wrong person.

Fucking hilarious

It takes 5 years to get approval to get real Tuscan ham imported from Italy, but there's no problem getting Ebola laced monkey meat imported from Africa in the Bronx

Fucking hilarious

It takes 5 years to get approval to get real Tuscan ham imported from Italy, but there's no problem getting Ebola laced monkey meat imported from Africa in the Bronx

I have a friend that went on a photographic safari in Africa ... switching flights, delays, and basically crappy EVERYTHING including government paperwork BS, and all the way there took him and his wife close to 2 full days.

Try and smuggle beef or pork into the US from Mexico.

Forum List

Back