Newsweek Article: Smuggled Bushmeat Is Ebola's Back Door to America

Besides which, smuggled meat is illegal because it IS a health issue, Statist. The fact that idealogues are happy to sacrifice health for politics hasn't gone unnoticed.

You people are scum.

All Republicans know Ebola is Obama's fault. So are the two wars. The deficit. Pollution. Dandruff and astigmatism. After all, he is a "God". Republicans keep calling him the "messiah". They would know. They believe in that stuff.

meat smuggled from Africa?

how do you do that, ice chests? where do you get ice that lasts fro Africa to the US ?
or do people eat 3-4 day old rotten meat
meat smuggled from Africa?

how do you do that, ice chests? where do you get ice that lasts fro Africa to the US ?
or do people eat 3-4 day old rotten meat

They use dry ice, just as Omaha Steaks ships meat in styrofoam chests all over the US.

Dry ice, sometimes referred to as "cardice" (chiefly British chemists), is the solid form of carbon dioxide. It is used primarily as a cooling agent.It is useful for preserving frozen foods, ice cream, etc., where mechanical cooling is unavailable.

I do think that this is a political issue guys.

And I think that we have to really hold our public officials accountable for not taking into consideration all that our immigration policies entails:

1. When we open our borders - haphazardly to any group we have to keep in mind the totality of who they are, culturally and economically. For example, if the culture of a group of individuals are anti-American (i.e we can see this in the large desire of immigrants and naturalized children) -- we need to do our due diligence, prior to opening our gates or build a bridge to ensure that they dont become radicalized. We should be confident in our choices - when we discuss immigration. Why not encourage Japanese immigrants to come? Why not encourage Ethiopians to come here? Why not encourage individuals with our values? Why are we letting every poor immigrant that we can find to come here? This isnt the 1800s. This is 2014. We have an obligation to seek out immigrants that will help build America to be its finest - be self employed or entrepreneurs. We have let these people (in this instance) build fortresses within our American cities - possibly serving some of us food that could potentially be rats, monkeys, and god knows what. No one has to go to America to bomb us. Why? Because they live right in the US without any sort of screening.

(a) Culturally - this has become a public safety issue. And this public safety issue is a political one. I do think that standards of health is a political one. The FDA is a political entity. Are our government officials aware of their customs? Should their customs be ignored? There are West African restaurants in the DC area, I have been around the area. Are we to assume that they arent slipping in a good taste of monkey meat - as the Chinese slipped in dogs at a point during their cooking. And if this is the case, why arent we at least evaluating those restaurants?

(b) Policy - the immigration policy for our country should be reformed - period. We have let anyone that cant cut it in their own country here. Do you know how many homeless people that I pass (and sometimes donate money when I have time) just to get downtown to my place of business? Yet we are supposed to open the gates to any country, any group of people that has a grievance with their own country?

I agree with the quoted below:

1. What is wrong with our customs systems?
2. What is wrong with our immigration systems?
3. What is wrong with our foreign aid policies?

I really think they might have said it better than I could:

I believe that the writer of the OP is trying to make a political statement. What a shame. It's a health issue, not a political one.
Uh, ebola is ABSOLUTELY a political issue but not one subject to partisan politics. An epidemic of ebola in the US would make it a national security threat. As such, it belongs in political discussion.

I'm glad people are finally getting to the issue of ebola being carried and transmitted by animals. I wish our president would wake up to the implications of it entering the rat population means for the US food supply...for example... You know, with its "allowable levels of rat feces"...
I believe that the writer of the OP is trying to make a political statement. What a shame. It's a health issue, not a political one.

Sounds more like the judgment of God from the nations I just saw on that list, Stat. Sierra Leone was warned not too long ago! I posted the video here on this very board! I have to look at the date on the video - I doubt it is even a year old! That judgment is surely falling even now! I can tell you this right now! There is a people in that nation who are living holy unto the LORD - they are the few that are following the LORD according to the Bible and I can tell you right now Psalm 91 is theirs! It will not touch a single one of them! Not a one! I have to replay that video if I can find it! The people of Sierra Leone were warned! The minister that the LORD sent to Guinea I have on CD and there is no video of the testimony to my knowledge but Guinea has been oppressing the Christian people for a very long time and this is surely God bringing judgment upon them now. Those who have moved here haven't escaped a thing. God is not random - God is extremely specific! Never doubt it! I will have to research Liberia and see what that nation was up to - there is nothing random about this.

So, your god created ebola?

I thought President Obama did that.
Obama allowed ebola to infect the United States citizens by allowing people of the infected African nations into this country. It is his fault.

Sounds more like the judgment of God from the nations I just saw on that list, Stat. Sierra Leone was warned not too long ago! I posted the video here on this very board! I have to look at the date on the video - I doubt it is even a year old! That judgment is surely falling even now! I can tell you this right now! There is a people in that nation who are living holy unto the LORD - they are the few that are following the LORD according to the Bible and I can tell you right now Psalm 91 is theirs! It will not touch a single one of them! Not a one! I have to replay that video if I can find it! The people of Sierra Leone were warned! The minister that the LORD sent to Guinea I have on CD and there is no video of the testimony to my knowledge but Guinea has been oppressing the Christian people for a very long time and this is surely God bringing judgment upon them now. Those who have moved here haven't escaped a thing. God is not random - God is extremely specific! Never doubt it! I will have to research Liberia and see what that nation was up to - there is nothing random about this.

Obama allowed ebola to infect the United States citizens by allowing people of the infected African nations into this country. It is his fault.

I have to agree. Our Immigration System has collapsed. And it has been done intentionally. Illegal Immigration is wrong. This President is in violation of the oath of office he swore to. He's a criminal. I don't consider him to be my President. He should have been Impeached a long time ago.

Let's be real, our Immigration System has collapsed. And it was done intentionally. Criminals are running our country. They should all be held accountable.

Uh, ebola is ABSOLUTELY a political issue but not one subject to partisan politics. An epidemic of ebola in the US would make it a national security threat. As such, it belongs in political discussion.

I'm glad people are finally getting to the issue of ebola being carried and transmitted by animals. I wish our president would wake up to the implications of it entering the rat population means for the US food supply...for example... You know, with its "allowable levels of rat feces"...

That is an accurate statement. At any time, our president, like England and France's leadership, could've ordered a complete halt to anyone entering the US without quarantine who was coming, directly or indirectly from having spent any amount of time in the afflicted West African countries.

Fucking hilarious

It takes 5 years to get approval to get real Tuscan ham imported from Italy, but there's no problem getting Ebola laced monkey meat imported from Africa in the Bronx

The GOP knows him as one in the same......

Eb.jpg

Forum List

Back