News Corp - perfect example of how a corporation would run a country.

Should anyone care what someone who's incessently glib has to say to them? stfu ding bat

I am pretty authoritarian tbh iah fwiw imo

the chicks are awefully submissive to me. it's 12:53, do y'all know where y'all girlfriends are? ya huuuuRD

yes, very boring. I suppose whatever I'm doing I'm doing something right because I'm not sitting home all day with my cock in my hands crying obsessively about how oppressed I am and how all authority sucks and blah blah blah blah...fuck talk aboooT boring.

why yo momma look like she ran a 100 yard dash in an 80 foot gym though? does her face take weekends off?

I've heard many right wingers say America needs to be run more like a corporation or we need to give more power to corporations to leave them "free to make jobs".

Ignore the fact that American corporations are making the most profits in their entire history. Ignore the fact that they sit on trillions in capital because there is no demand since millions of American jobs have been outsourced to China from 2001 to 2008.

You look at News Corp in Great Britain and you see what a corporation running a country is like. Hacked cell phones. Bribery. Scandal.

I'm pretty sure the right wing doesn't have this in mind when they fantasize about how ultra capitalist and wonderful if only corporations were in charge. Well, they almost are. And if the right has it's way, they will be. Careful what you wish for. You might get it.:eusa_pray:

Yea, because if America was run like a corporation we might get things like the Patriot Act, or have politicians who get involved in scandals and then use taxpayer money to try to cover them up. Or when a company like Toyota is being reviewed for quality issues we might put congresman who represent the state they manufacture in or who's husbands company sells them the stereos for their cars oversee the investigation. We can't have any of that.

how's yo momma get her vajayjay to do those Burt Reynolds impressions though......smh.....tbh....iah.....iow.....imo

I've heard many right wingers say America needs to be run more like a corporation or we need to give more power to corporations to leave them "free to make jobs".

Ignore the fact that American corporations are making the most profits in their entire history. Ignore the fact that they sit on trillions in capital because there is no demand since millions of American jobs have been outsourced to China from 2001 to 2008.

You look at News Corp in Great Britain and you see what a corporation running a country is like. Hacked cell phones. Bribery. Scandal.

I'm pretty sure the right wing doesn't have this in mind when they fantasize about how ultra capitalist and wonderful if only corporations were in charge. Well, they almost are. And if the right has it's way, they will be. Careful what you wish for. You might get it.:eusa_pray:

Looks more like unethical tabloid reporters went all out to get a story. Their biggest competitor The Mirror was the one who got the big scoop. Surprise Surprise.

From what I've been reading it isn't even that uncommon in the UK.

As for Murdoch. Well he did own the company which he has since closed down.

Did he know about it?? Seriously dobt it anymore that the owner of a company knows every detail of daily operation or what every employee is doing during the course of a day.

Of course the buck does stop with him as owner.

I doubt the investigation will turn up anything pointing to the Murdochs being guilty of anything.

Doubt they will find anything similar at FOX in the US either.

You FOX haters can always hope though. LOL

Courtesy of ProPublica:

"The number of people on Scotland Yard's press team who used to work for News International: 10, out of a total 45 staffers

"Amount of email investigators suspect was deleted by a News International executive: according to The Guardian, about half a terabyte's worth, 'equivalent to 500 editions of Encyclopedia Britannica.'

"Number of pages of information about the phone hacking scandal that were sitting in a Scotland Yard evidence room: 11,000. The documents were seized from the home of the private investigator who hacked phones for NotW, Glenn Mulcaire, during the first phone hacking investigation.

"Number of hours the head of Scotland Yard's first phone hacking investigation, John Yates, spent reviewing the documents before deciding they weren't worth looking into: 8

"Number of years before that evidence was thoroughly examined: almost 4

"Number of phone numbers listed in those documents: 5,000 landlines and 4,000 cell phones

"Number of phone hacking victims prosecutors initially identified in 2007: 8

"Estimated number of total phone hacking victims: about 4,000

"The number of phone hacking victims who've been notified so far: 170

"Number of detectives now working on the investigation: 45 "

Should it turn out US affiliates of Murdoch hacked the phones of 911 family members (or Gabby Gifffords), how many USMB conservatives will really care?

Exactly Zero.

The Phone Hacking Scandal By The Numbers - ProPublica

Number of functioning brain cells - Zero
I'll simplify:

"Number of phone hacking victims prosecutors initially identified in 2007: 8

"Estimated number of total phone hacking victims: about 4,000

"The number of phone hacking victims who've been notified so far: 170"

For conservatives who inhaled.

The Phone Hacking Scandal By The Numbers - ProPublica

Only 6% of rdingbat's posts are worth the time it takes to read them.

This isn't one of them.
About 99.9% of Oddballs posts are personal attacks, and this is one of them.

What you fail to understand, is YOU pay for all the regulations, policing Administrations, court battles and court protections and taxes and corporate aid on corporations. ie. Trillions wasted in the ME.

IF you want to lower America's tax burden you have to set corporations a drift, and break the government bond. That means don't tax them, don't regulate them, don't do shit with them in government.

If you as a consumer or worker feel you have been harmed by a corporation you can sue in court. So remove the cap on monetary amounts for suits and legally regulate the corporate bastards. Perhaps when a corporate ownership is passed onto a new consumer by the court, the rest will start monitoring their own bad behaviors.

This should affectively cut your taxes in half. It will for the first time actually know what a product costs without corporate aid or government attached to it. It will also make corporations more competitive and lower consumer costs.:eusa_angel:

Last edited:

Only 6% of rdingbat's posts are worth the time it takes to read them.

This isn't one of them.
About 99.9% of Oddballs posts are personal attacks, and this is one of them.
Fuck you, shitferbrains.

Happy now?

Forum List

Back