News Corp - perfect example of how a corporation would run a country.

I've heard many right wingers say America needs to be run more like a corporation or we need to give more power to corporations to leave them "free to make jobs".

Ignore the fact that American corporations are making the most profits in their entire history. Ignore the fact that they sit on trillions in capital because there is no demand since millions of American jobs have been outsourced to China from 2001 to 2008.

You look at News Corp in Great Britain and you see what a corporation running a country is like. Hacked cell phones. Bribery. Scandal.

I'm pretty sure the right wing doesn't have this in mind when they fantasize about how ultra capitalist and wonderful if only corporations were in charge. Well, they almost are. And if the right has it's way, they will be. Careful what you wish for. You might get it.:eusa_pray:
Does anyone remember Dubya with his arm around Ken Lay's shoulder promising to run America like Enron?

Despite the Great Recession of '08 the financial assets of America's billionaires and the cash held by the most profitable corporations are at historic highs.

"Corporations are using their stores of cash primarily to buy back their own stock, acquire control of other companies, invest in off-shoring yet more American jobs, and pay generous dividends to shareholders and outsized bonuses to management.

"Unfortunately, most of those who hold the cash and the corporations they control have lost interest in long-term investments that build and expand strong enterprises.

"The substantial majority of trades in financial markets are made by high-speed computers in securities held for fractions of a second.

"Business pundits still refer to this trading as investment.

"It bears no resemblance, however, to the investment required to put people to work rebuilding a strong America."

For six ways to gut Wall Street see:

Six Ways to Liberate America From Wall Street Rule | Truthout

Liberals want the government to have more power, tyranny and statism is the fundaMENTAL principle OF liberalism. :cool:

That's nonsensical, but does indicate you can't refute a word I said.

Or it shows that your comment was retarded and therefore needed to be mocked.

Can you name a single fundamental belief of modern mainstream American conservatism that on balance reduces the power of corporations?

Think about regulation (environment, workplace safety, etc.), money in politics, labor unions, trade, taxes...

...tell me all about the conservative beliefs that do NOT favor more power for corporations.

THEN you'll have shown me what was 'retarded' about what I said.

Until then, enjoy your tootsie rolls, Corky.

And your objection to this one is what?

News Corp did some really vile things..and this while playing kingmaker in England..and surprisingly..THIS COUNTRY.

This is the kind of crap you support.

Privatized government.

It's News International, not News Corp, in the UK.

There have been no charges laid against either Rupert or James Murdoch.

And.... he who lives in glass houses, should not throw stones. While the left continue to take money and directions from Soros, you have no moral highground to bitch about the Murdochs.

Idiot.

I don't take money from Soros. I don't take directions from Soros.

Oh, and btw, nothing about Soros exempts the Murdochs from being judged. That is illogical nonsense. The Murdochs guilt or innocence has absolutely nothing to do with George Soros.

guilt and innocence with these guys has everything to do with what side they are on.

All you need to know about Gov't. bureaucracy...

** Pythagorean theorem: .................................................... 24 words.
** Lord's prayer:................................................................... 66 words.
** Archimedes' Principle: ................................................... 67 words.
** 10 Commandments: ...................................................... 179 words.
** Gettysburg address: ...................................................... 286 words.
** Declaration of Independence : ....................................1,300 words.
** US Constitution with all 27 Amendments : ................7,818 words.
** US Government regulations on sale of cabbage: ….26,911 words.

SORT OF PUTS THINGS INTO PROPER PERSPECTIVE, DOESN'T IT

Only 6% of rdingbat's posts are worth the time it takes to read them.

This isn't one of them.

News Corp did some really vile things..and this while playing kingmaker in England..and surprisingly..THIS COUNTRY.

Privatized government.
Whatever happened to the turd who hacked and eavesdropped on Gingich's & Boehner's cell phone conversation, back in '95?...Oh yeah, he was a big hero to the loony left.

Nice selective outrage, dickweed.

One would have to be pretty stupid to think that this is a justifiable comparison. One would have to be one of those people who call other people dickweed when they are in what should be an intelligent discussion.

This isn't one of them.

Privatized government.

And.... he who lives in glass houses, should not throw stones. While the left continue to take money and directions from Soros, you have no moral highground to bitch about the Murdochs.

Idiot.

Really tired of your lunacy.

When Soros gets hauled off to Congress to explain why he thinks it's a-ok to hack into the private communications devices of tax paying citizens..state your case. Until then..it's NewCorp that did this.

And Murdoch (either one) can't seem to remember who, exactly, was doing this..or when.

And then they apologized.

For fucking what? They admitted fault to nothing.

Give it time..I am sure they will be charged. Their testimony was embarrassing.

Idiot.

The government is currently running our country.
We can all see how that's working out.

What a dingbat.
Rich people are currently running our government.
Just like every other government in history.
Wall Street is how they affect policy in this country.
All elected Republicans AND Democrats function as handmaidens to the rich.

** Pythagorean theorem: .................................................... 24 words.
** Lord's prayer:................................................................... 66 words.
** Archimedes' Principle: ................................................... 67 words.
** 10 Commandments: ...................................................... 179 words.
** Gettysburg address: ...................................................... 286 words.
** Declaration of Independence : ....................................1,300 words.

Yes..that actually governing is much more complicated then theory or religion.

Sure. For a seven year old.

That's nonsensical, but does indicate you can't refute a word I said.

Can you name a single fundamental belief of modern mainstream American conservatism that on balance reduces the power of corporations?

Think about regulation (environment, workplace safety, etc.), money in politics, labor unions, trade, taxes...

...tell me all about the conservative beliefs that do NOT favor more power for corporations.

What "power of coporations"? And do you really think it's just the evil conservatives that prop up business?

GE, GM, et al. seem to have benefitted greatly by the Obama administration...

You mad bro?

Privatized government.

Idiot.

I don't take money from Soros. I don't take directions from Soros.

Oh, and btw, nothing about Soros exempts the Murdochs from being judged. That is illogical nonsense. The Murdochs guilt or innocence has absolutely nothing to do with George Soros.

:lol:

This isn't one of them.

Privatized government.
Whatever happened to the turd who hacked and eavesdropped on Gingich's & Boehner's cell phone conversation, back in '95?...Oh yeah, he was a big hero to the loony left.

Private citizens are now News Operations?

Since fucking when?

DICKLESS.

Privatized government.

Since fucking when?

DICKLESS.

Nice deflection, idiot.

If it's wrong, it's wrong. No matter who does it for what the justification is. Fucking hypocrite.

Since fucking when?

DICKLESS.

Nice deflection, idiot.

If it's wrong, it's wrong. No matter who does it for what the justification is. Fucking hypocrite.

The fucking post was a deflection. Hypocrite.

You understand what he was talking about?

Do you?

Two private citizens picked up GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS talking about how to defend against ETHICS VIOLATIONS.

They were PRIVATE CITIZENS. They sold the tape to the Times who ran the story.

THATS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM A NEWS ORGANIZATION HACKING THE PHONES OF PRIVATE CITIZENS.

Are you really really this stupid?

Since fucking when?

DICKLESS.

Nice deflection, idiot.

Uh oh you've angered the CaliBrat.

Since fucking when?

DICKLESS.

Nice deflection, idiot.

Do you?

Two private citizens picked up GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS talking about how to defend against ETHICS VIOLATIONS.

THATS ENTIRELY DIFFERENT FROM A NEWS ORGANIZATION HACKING THE PHONES OF PRIVATE CITIZENS.

The difference for you, no matter how much you deny it, is the fact that one is a left wing propaganda outlet and one isn't, period......

Nice deflection, idiot.

Do you?

The difference for you, no matter how much you deny it, is the fact that one is a left wing propaganda outlet and one isn't, period......

No.

The difference is that a private citizen came up with a tape of a news worthy story regarding public officials. They DIDN'T hire them to hack into the phones. And the phones that were hacked..weren't private citizens.

Those guys PROBABLY SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN HAVING THAT CONVERSATION AT ALL.

Do you get that?

Everything a government official does in regards to government, must be recorded.

Why..exactly..do you think Blagojevich's, "private" conservations were admissible?

Or are you going to rage against that..eh?

:lol:

What "power of coporations"? And do you really think it's just the evil conservatives that prop up business?

GE, GM, et al. seem to have benefitted greatly by the Obama administration...

You mad bro?

So in other words you can't. Then my original statement was absolutely correct.

Privatized government.

Since fucking when?

DICKLESS.
Oh, I almost forgot....

Then a congressweasel -who just happens to have that (D) next to his name- runs to the House floor with the recording and transcript of said illegal eavesdropping, and receives no sanction for aiding and abetting the criminal act.

Sanctimonious party man twirp.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back