New Zealand: First They Took Their Guns.....Now They're Removing Jesus From Their Lives

New Zealand is going full Commie/Progressive. Their Prime Minister is a text book, knee jerk. Liberal. They, like American Progressives, practice INCLUSION by EXCLUDING things they don't like, and alienating people.

"They, like American Progressives, practice INCLUSION by EXCLUDING things they don't like, and alienating people."

Just like evangelical christians and conservative republicans!

Good the sooner Christians realize there are other religions, the better.

Penny I'm curious: are you married to a Muslim? Or have you just been indoctrinated that deeply into liberal orthodoxy?

Because you seriously ought to think about whether it would be better for you to live in a conservative Christian community or a conservative Muslim one.

You ever really pondered that, Penny?

I support Separation of Church and State just like Thomas Jefferson as well as most of the founders.

You realize it's not even in the Constitution. What "separation of Church and State" means is that there is no State religion, which I very much support. It does not mean that individual citizens cannot express their religious beliefs, even at public functions if they so choose.

Do you not understand the separation of church and state, means in the government offices no reference to any specific religion should be mentioned, or even to a God in my opinion. Yes its in the Constitution , freedom of religion.

I do not want to be ruled by any zealot religion from Evangelicals, the many numerous Christian sects, or Islam zealots. The Evangelicals and Fundamentalists are the worst of the Christians Sects.
/----/ Ahhh another misinformed Libtard Moonbat. From the guy who created the concept, Thomas Jefferson.
Separation Of Church And State
Because of the very common usage of the "separation of church and state phrase," most people incorrectly think the phrase is in the constitution. The phrase "wall of separation between the church and the state" was originally coined by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Danbury Baptists on January 1, 1802. His purpose in this letter was to assuage the fears of the Danbury, Connecticut Baptists, and so he told them that this wall had been erected to protect them. The metaphor was used exclusively to keep the state out of the church's business, not to keep the church out of the state's business.

Penny I'm curious: are you married to a Muslim? Or have you just been indoctrinated that deeply into liberal orthodoxy?

Because you seriously ought to think about whether it would be better for you to live in a conservative Christian community or a conservative Muslim one.

I support Separation of Church and State just like Thomas Jefferson as well as most of the founders.

You realize it's not even in the Constitution. What "separation of Church and State" means is that there is no State religion, which I very much support. It does not mean that individual citizens cannot express their religious beliefs, even at public functions if they so choose.

Do you not understand the separation of church and state, means in the government offices no reference to any specific religion should be mentioned, or even to a God in my opinion. Yes its in the Constitution , freedom of religion.

I do not want to be ruled by any zealot religion from Evangelicals, the many numerous Christian sects, or Islam zealots. The Evangelicals and Fundamentalists are the worst of the Christians Sects.
/----/ Ahhh another misinformed Libtard Moonbat. From the guy who created the concept, Thomas Jefferson.
Because of the very common usage of the "separation of church and state phrase," most people incorrectly think the phrase is in the constitution. The phrase "wall of separation between the church and the state" was originally coined by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to the Danbury Baptists on January 1, 1802. His purpose in this letter was to assuage the fears of the Danbury, Connecticut Baptists, and so he told them that this wall had been erected to protect them. The metaphor was used exclusively to keep the state out of the church's business, not to keep the church out of the state's business.

"America IS a christian nation" is also NOT in any official government document.

Our government is secular and all religions (and non-believers)have the same rights.

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer

Apparently New Zealand is a SECULAR country/government. They NEVER had a formal religion. And they kept a vague reference to "god" (as in any god) in the prayer. The removal of jesus was merely to make the prayer more inclusive for ALL New Zealanders .
----------------------------------------- the purpose of the removal of the name was purposely done as a Poke in the EYE to Christians AnyN .

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
Lol
Let them replace it with this...

20 Commandments of Mohammad the founder of Islam
1. Thou shall Rape, Marry, and Divorce Pre-pubescent Girls. Koran 65:4
2. Thou shall have Sex Slaves and Work Slaves. Koran 4:3, 4:24, 5:89, 33:50, 58:3, 70:30
3. Thou shall Beat Sex Slaves, Work Slaves, and Wives. Koran 4:34
4. Thou shall have 4 Muslim male witnesses to prove rape. Koran 24:13
5. Thou shall Kill those who insult Islam or Mohammed. Koran 33:57
6. Thou shall Crucify and Amputate non-Muslims. Koran 8:12, 47:4
7. Thou shall Kill non-Muslims to guarantee receiving 72 virgins in heaven. Koran 9:111
8. Thou shall Kill anyone who leaves Islam. Koran 2:217, 4:89
9. Thou shall Behead non-Muslims. Koran 8:12, 47:4
10. Thou shall Kill AND be Killed for Islamic Allah. Koran 9:5
11. Thou shall Terrorize non-Muslims. Koran 8:12, 8:60
12. Thou shall Steal and Rob from non-Muslims. Koran Chapter 8 (Booty/Spoils of War)
13. Thou shall Lie to Strengthen Islam. Koran 3:28, 16:106
14. Thou shall Fight non-Muslim even if you don't want to. Koran 2:216
15. Thou shall not take non-Muslims as friends. Koran 5:51
16. Thou shall Call non-Muslims Pigs and Apes. Koran 5:60, 7:166, 16:106
17. Thou shall Treat non-Muslims as the vilest creatures deserving no mercy. Koran 98:6
18. Thou shall Treat non-Muslims as sworn enemies. Koran 4:101
19. Thou shall Kill non-Muslims for not converting to Islam. Koran 9:29
20. Thou shall Extort non-Muslims to keep Islam strong. Koran 9:29.

"America IS a christian nation" is also NOT in any official government document.

Our government is secular and all religions (and non-believers)have the same rights.
/----/ Proof That America Was Founded As A Christian Nation – International Cops for Christ
Proof That America Was Founded As A Christian Nation

America was founded on three documents: The Declaration of Independence; The Paris Peace Treaty of 1783, and the Constitution. These documents give conclusive proof that America is a Christian nation. One does not need a law degree or a degree in history to grasp this truth. It is obvious to anyone who does not have an agenda. Let us review the documents and show this proof.

Declaration of Independence: Click to read

The Declaration has many references to God throughout the document. The most famous one is that men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights.

“We hold these Truths to be self-evident, that all Men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness”

There is a great problem with public prayer. It has come to be almost necessarily sectarian, causing rifts in the community and fostering disrespect.. Why can't participants in government functions pray before the formal agenda commences? What is stopping them?

So the Kiwis, as a diverse people, observed the Muslim call to prayer as part of a national memorial. It was done to show support and sympathy for a Kiwi community that had suffered a horrific crime and loss due to religious bigotry. While some group of Christians may have not wanted to observe, I bet many more Christian Kiwis did. It was great to see the videos of diverse New Zealanders turning out to perform memorial hakas in honor of the victims, even a black-clad motorcycle club.

BTW: contrary to the header, no one is "Removing Jesus" from any Christian's life. I'm sure that Christians have many churches in NZ and that no one is interfering with their practice of their faith.
Lol
You’re obviously clueless

Lol
Where in the Constitution doesn’t say separation of church and state? Show us

Yup......it's started.

03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Apparently New Zealand is a SECULAR country/government. They NEVER had a formal religion. And they kept a vague reference to "god" (as in any god) in the prayer. The removal of jesus was merely to make the prayer more inclusive for ALL New Zealanders .
----------------------------------------- the purpose of the removal of the name was purposely done as a Poke in the EYE to Christians AnyN .

The purpose of KEEPING jesus is 2 fold;

1. a slap in the face of every NONchristian.

2. to justify christian sharia law

The Left Wingers want you to submit to the government.
The Jihadists want you to submit to Islam.
Maybe the reason why the Left and the Islamist admire each other so much is because they are both "submission" philosophies.

20 Commandments of Mohammad the founder of Islam
1. Thou shall Rape, Marry, and Divorce Pre-pubescent Girls. Koran 65:4
2. Thou shall have Sex Slaves and Work Slaves. Koran 4:3, 4:24, 5:89, 33:50, 58:3, 70:30
3. Thou shall Beat Sex Slaves, Work Slaves, and Wives. Koran 4:34
4. Thou shall have 4 Muslim male witnesses to prove rape. Koran 24:13
5. Thou shall Kill those who insult Islam or Mohammed. Koran 33:57
6. Thou shall Crucify and Amputate non-Muslims. Koran 8:12, 47:4
7. Thou shall Kill non-Muslims to guarantee receiving 72 virgins in heaven. Koran 9:111
8. Thou shall Kill anyone who leaves Islam. Koran 2:217, 4:89
9. Thou shall Behead non-Muslims. Koran 8:12, 47:4
10. Thou shall Kill AND be Killed for Islamic Allah. Koran 9:5
11. Thou shall Terrorize non-Muslims. Koran 8:12, 8:60
12. Thou shall Steal and Rob from non-Muslims. Koran Chapter 8 (Booty/Spoils of War)
13. Thou shall Lie to Strengthen Islam. Koran 3:28, 16:106
14. Thou shall Fight non-Muslim even if you don't want to. Koran 2:216
15. Thou shall not take non-Muslims as friends. Koran 5:51
16. Thou shall Call non-Muslims Pigs and Apes. Koran 5:60, 7:166, 16:106
17. Thou shall Treat non-Muslims as the vilest creatures deserving no mercy. Koran 98:6
18. Thou shall Treat non-Muslims as sworn enemies. Koran 4:101
19. Thou shall Kill non-Muslims for not converting to Islam. Koran 9:29
20. Thou shall Extort non-Muslims to keep Islam strong. Koran 9:29.

and the little bit of info i see on other source says that its a PROPOSED Rule change . Still , Christians in 'new zealand' should take it seriously as this news shows the INTENT of 'new zealand' 'government' if it is factual news . ---------- if its true news the 'muslims' in 'new zealand' will probably organize a ' HAKA' [chuckle] .

Maybe the reason why the Left and the Islamist admire each other so much is because they are both "submission" philosophies.

you forgot rightwingers (on purpose?)

who want you to be forced to bow to their god

so
why did you ignore the christians who ALSO have a "submission" policy?

do you have an agenda?

are you biased?

--------------------------------------- YEP , i've thought similar for quite a few years . There are NO RIGHTS in 'islam' . Everything is governed by the 'will of allah' and his interpreters Trogs .

Lol
Christianity is not a religion, it’s a faith...
You fucking retard

This was a no mans land when Euros came across the pond and it is one again now.
Artifacts prove that the first people here were the Scandinavians, not the Asians aka Eskimos who came across the frozen Steppes and later clashed with the S.American Spainards who intermarried with each other and the blacks brought over by Spain. And of course a little later the French. Spain was killing the heck out of the new occupying others long before other Europeans came here. Also brought in most of the slaves.

History is not a bad thing to learn but it is also not good in the land of denial.
Truth is very inconvienant in a land of fables and lies.

Forum List

Back