New Zealand: First They Took Their Guns.....Now They're Removing Jesus From Their Lives

It goes to my point Americans despise first peoples, which is demonstrated by use of their names as insults.
No. I think you need to go to a library and read something about American history without all of the commie propaganda interference.
What you're doing is actually oppression.
We aren't allowed to think or talk in a manner you find unsuitable.
And if we don't cow-tow to your will, are you gonna force us in some way?
You know that's textbook fascism.
This is supposed to be a free society, which means you are allowed to think and believe what you choose.
You can't tell people what to think or believe.

Am I being clear?

Ah, so your point was not aimed at the actual issue, but at the person presenting the issue, got it.

So, what do you think of that actions of the New Zealand government in purging Christian references from a public prayer?

My points are that some people are making a mountain out of molehill in a lame attempt to feel oppressed and that only *you* have the power to remove Jesus from your life, not the goverment. For some, the usage of "Almighty God" in a convocation is an act of oppression. :lol:

The point of the OP, is that a liberal and progressive government is expressing multiculturalism and tolerance by purging references to the traditional religious culture of the nation.

That hypocrisy combined with power, is a real issue, especially as we see the same blindness and willingness to use power in our own land(s).

Nothing says a purge of religious culture like a mention of "Almighty God" in a convocation. lol. With that, I'll leave you to wallow in your persecution complex.

Can't even bring yourself to say Christian.

I am sorry if that somehow oppressed you. :crybaby:

It just shows the intolerance of the Left and what we can expect in the future as we transition to a minority majority nation.

Progressives (Democrats) look to forced government programs as a fix for everything, They certainly do "worship" the state. With that bigger government comes more CONTROL of the populace., So, essentially they are putting the State in control of their lives (and yours) because they don't trust themselves. Pure projection. Insecurity and distrust in one's own character is the basis for the Progressive movement.

Good the sooner Christians realize there are other religions, the better.

Penny I'm curious: are you married to a Muslim? Or have you just been indoctrinated that deeply into liberal orthodoxy?

Because you seriously ought to think about whether it would be better for you to live in a conservative Christian community or a conservative Muslim one.

You ever really pondered that, Penny?

I support Separation of Church and State just like Thomas Jefferson as well as most of the founders.

Progressives (Democrats) look to forced government programs as a fix for everything, They certainly do "worship" the state. With that bigger government comes more CONTROL of the populace., So, essentially they are putting the State in control of their lives (and yours) because they don't trust themselves. Pure projection. Insecurity and distrust in one's own character is the basis for the Progressive movement.
People that know their ideas are bad have to force others to do what they want.

Penny I'm curious: are you married to a Muslim? Or have you just been indoctrinated that deeply into liberal orthodoxy?

Because you seriously ought to think about whether it would be better for you to live in a conservative Christian community or a conservative Muslim one.

I support Separation of Church and State just like Thomas Jefferson as well as most of the founders.

You realize it's not even in the Constitution. What "separation of Church and State" means is that there is no State religion, which I very much support. It does not mean that individual citizens cannot express their religious beliefs, even at public functions if they so choose.

Muslims are receiving special privileges and protections provided by all levels of government.

Too bad the Founding Fathers could not foresee what we are experiencing with the growing poisonous expansion of Islam.

If they had they would have seen the need for separation of mosque and state.

You realize it's not even in the Constitution. What "separation of Church and State" means is that there is no State religion, which I very much support. It does not mean that individual citizens cannot express their religious beliefs, even at public functions if they so choose.

Do you not understand the separation of church and state, means in the government offices no reference to any specific religion should be mentioned, or even to a God in my opinion. Yes its in the Constitution , freedom of religion.

I do not want to be ruled by any zealot religion from Evangelicals, the many numerous Christian sects, or Islam zealots. The Evangelicals and Fundamentalists are the worst of the Christians Sects.

Muslims are receiving special privileges and protections provided by all levels of government.

Too bad the Founding Fathers could not foresee what we are experiencing with the growing poisonous expansion of Islam.

Actually its the Jews who want to run things in the US. Also the true Torah Jews are the real Jews and most Christians sects are nothing like them, except perhaps the Evangelicals(most of them just pretend to be to get money aka the TV preachers )

Culture, roots, no difference. You claimed that which is not yours.
You are looking through American eyes, which saw you despise your first peoples. You can't understand how it can be different. Here is an example that US eyes might find easier to identify with, the NZ army identifies as its own tribe, Ngāti Tūmatauenga (Tribe of the War God). That would never ever happen in the US, would it. Nor would this.
That's because you don't respect your natives and you think they have no mana.

Thank you from an American.Tremendous!

• Thanks
Reactions: cnm
aw , its 'new zealand' , sounds like they are getting what they deserve . They'll be better off in the future under 'shariah' and 'mo' as thing change . Women in particular will be very happy .

Last edited:
Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer

Apparently New Zealand is a SECULAR country/government. They NEVER had a formal religion. And they kept a vague reference to "god" (as in any god) in the prayer. The removal of jesus was merely to make the prayer more inclusive for ALL New Zealanders .

Do you not understand the separation of church and state, means in the government offices no reference to any specific religion should be mentioned, or even to a God in my opinion. Yes its in the Constitution , freedom of religion.

I do not want to be ruled by any zealot religion from Evangelicals, the many numerous Christian sects, or Islam zealots. The Evangelicals and Fundamentalists are the worst of the Christians Sects.
------------------------------------------- i thought that this was happening in 'new zealand' . What does this have to do with your faulty reading of the the USA Constitution . [and it was a letter to the Danbury Baptists and not the USA Constitution wasn't it Penny] ??

Yup......it's started.

New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
03-30-2019
Steve Warren

Just barely two weeks following the mosque shootings in Christchurch, New Zealand, the government has decided to remove all references to Jesus Christ from its parliamentary prayer.

The move by Speaker of the House Trevor Mallard has angered the country's Christian population. Mallard made the decision in order to drop references to Jesus in order to make the prayer "more inclusive" for all parliamentarians.

The Guardian reports a reference to "Almighty God" remains, but it is not a specific reference to a Christian God.

Earlier this week, around 1,000 people protested just outside of the parliament building in Wellington. The group wanted Jesus name reinstated in the prayer because Christianity is part of the nation's history.

Ross Smith, the organizer of the event, told Radio NZ the country has a Christian heritage that should not be erased.

"It's a legacy. The principals and the values that are in this nation are based on our Christian-Judea roots. Removing the name would destroy those roots," he said.

"He needs a good kick in his pants, and he needs to actually be removed because this is a Christian nation," protester Rieki Teutscher told Radio NZ. We don't share his atheism."

Another demonstrator, Carmel Morgan, said Mallard should have consulted with New Zealanders or announced a referendum before changing the prayer.

"This is a land of democracy, this is a land of freedom, you know, we want to be a first world country... he took that choice away from us."

Other New Zealand politicians also voiced their concern over the change made by the speaker without consulting the entire parliament.

Well, the decision as to what should be changed should be made by parliamentarians and not the speaker – that's our position, I don't mind telling you publicly," deputy prime minister Winston Peters told RadioNZ.

"If you're going to make a change let's have parliament decide – not one person," Peters added.

Mallard said he had consulted other politicians and the majority he spoke to were in favor of a secular prayer.

One week after a white supremacist gunman opened fire inside two mosques, killing 50 people, the entire country observed a Muslim call to prayer. The event was televised nationwide. New Zealand Christians Outraged as Govt Removes All References to Jesus From Parliamentary Prayer
They only likes it, when it fits into their own ideology or the Globalist's agendas.

Actually its the Jews who want to run things in the US. Also the true Torah Jews are the real Jews and most Christians sects are nothing like them, except perhaps the Evangelicals(most of them just pretend to be to get money aka the TV preachers )

I don't think the Jews have anything to do with wanting to run everything. I haven't seen them trying to shoulder their way into the personal lives of other Americans. I think that the Evangelicals are pure poison, though. I think that the evangelicals want to establish a theocracy run by their garbage clergy. They are dangerous.

New Zealand is going full Commie/Progressive. Their Prime Minister is a text book, knee jerk. Liberal. They, like American Progressives, practice INCLUSION by EXCLUDING things they don't like, and alienating people.

Freedom of religion in the Constitution means the freedom to practice your religion, and that the State does not have an established State Religion. It does NOT mean that "in the government offices no reference to any specific religion should be mentioned". You made that up.

Forum List

Back