New Yorkers Shocked To Find Food Prices Rising After Minimum Wage Hike

I know you think you said something in those sentences but you really didn't.

Seriously, daniel's not all there. Not much point chasing him around and around.
trolls have no arguments.
you should know.
thank goodness we can be All talk in open politics.

and you should know that too because from what I can tell you are all talk and have absolutely no understanding of the issues you post about
thank Goodness for open politics.

Seriously, daniel's not all there. Not much point chasing him around and around.
trolls have no arguments.
you should know.
thank goodness we can be All talk in open politics.

and you should know that too because from what I can tell you are all talk and have absolutely no understanding of the issues you post about
Danny is a raving troll. None of its recent comments make any fracking sense.
the right wing, never gets it; coincidence or conspiracy?

It is astounding to read account after account, year after year, of stories and opinion pieces claiming that an increase in the Minimum Wage promotes "prosperity."

It is literally like saying that moving money from one pocket to the other makes you richer.

The money that funds the increase in the Minimum Wage is not created out of thin air. It comes from either the employer or the customers; there is no alternative.

So how can taking money from one person and giving it to another promote prosperity?

It is preposterous.

I give you the same question, Supposn. If you raise the national minimum wage to $15 an hour...how are you NOT going to have everyone who wasn't working for minimum wage because they had learned job skills that got them more money...not knocking on their bosses door asking for a raise? Do you honestly think that someone who used to make $15 an hour but had started their job at $7.50 an hour isn't going to demand to be compensated for those additional job skills? In Communist countries they can get away with paying everyone the same rate no matter what skills they have but to be brutally frank with you...if you try that here...you'll have people rioting in the streets!
OldStyle, due to the concept of wage differential, the federal minimum wage rate bolsters all USA wage scales, regardless of how many, or how few persons knock on the doors and requesting a raise. And in aggregate, they generally in aggregate should, and do gain raises each time the minimum wage is increased.

The federal minimum rate U.S. Has always (as it should) be increased in a manner that would shock USA's labor markets. On the contrary, because the timing and extent of its modifications were directly subject to congressional politicians rather than to civil service statisticians, the modifications of our minimum rate have been too slow, and too poorly, and consequentially their economic benefits have been less than they should have been.

I'm a proponent of a 12% annual increase until we achieve 125% of February 1968 CPI, and thereafter the minimum rate should be monitored and annually (when necessary), modified to retain that purchasing power.

It's conceivable that a person may equate the minimum rate with paying everyone the same rate. I doubt if you ever met anyone as naive or ignorant to such an extent. Respectfully, Supposn

Did you just call me "naïve or ignorant" for pointing out that people who make more than minimum wage NOW are going to want to make just as much above minimum wage when you increase it to $15 an hour? If you don't give them a sizable increase than the resulting price spikes that will occur for goods and services will make them poorer than they were before and if you can't see that my friend then it's YOU who is naïve...not I!

I give you the same question, Supposn. If you raise the national minimum wage to $15 an hour...how are you NOT going to have everyone who wasn't working for minimum wage because they had learned job skills that got them more money...not knocking on their bosses door asking for a raise? Do you honestly think that someone who used to make $15 an hour but had started their job at $7.50 an hour isn't going to demand to be compensated for those additional job skills? In Communist countries they can get away with paying everyone the same rate no matter what skills they have but to be brutally frank with you...if you try that here...you'll have people rioting in the streets!
OldStyle, due to the concept of wage differential, the federal minimum wage rate bolsters all USA wage scales, regardless of how many, or how few persons knock on the doors and requesting a raise. And in aggregate, they generally in aggregate should, and do gain raises each time the minimum wage is increased.

The federal minimum rate U.S. Has always (as it should) be increased in a manner that would shock USA's labor markets. On the contrary, because the timing and extent of its modifications were directly subject to congressional politicians rather than to civil service statisticians, the modifications of our minimum rate have been too slow, and too poorly, and consequentially their economic benefits have been less than they should have been.

I'm a proponent of a 12% annual increase until we achieve 125% of February 1968 CPI, and thereafter the minimum rate should be monitored and annually (when necessary), modified to retain that purchasing power.

It's conceivable that a person may equate the minimum rate with paying everyone the same rate. I doubt if you ever met anyone as naive or ignorant to such an extent. Respectfully, Supposn

So did you want to take a crack at explaining how it is that you're going to keep inflationary forces from turning your 12% annual increase into nothing more than paper money in people's pockets that doesn't buy as much as it once did? Does the term "wheel barrow economics" mean anything to you? The Weimar Republic?
533-0927084046-moneywheelbarrow.jpg

The restaurants will have to automate.
Henry Ford did; coincidence or conspiracy?

unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed is equal protection of the law.
Could explain what you mean by this statement? Thanks.

I've been through this with him many times. He wants a guaranteed income because he doesn't want to work a job, so he makes up things he thinks sounds good to cloke it.
Capitalism; What is That, Sayeth the Right Wing.

an externality to You as long as every adult customer should be a potentially paying customer not a potential cost concern.

simply appeal to ignorance of your right wing bigotry.

So when do you start your new job that will make you a paying customer and a taxpayer?

Most people have very little knowledge of business, economics, and finance. We do people a disservice by not teaching this in school. It should be mandatory.

There is NO FREE LUNCH. You raise the cost of doing business, and that business will have to make up that cost somewhere, and it is usually the price the consumer pays that increases. They other way is to fire people, and reduce your labor costs that way, so fewer people have to do MORE WORK.

Educators goes against science when science screams abortion is Murdering of a us citizen

What the HELL does that have to do with the subject being discussed?

Did you just call me "naïve or ignorant" for pointing out that people who make more than minimum wage NOW are going to want to make just as much above minimum wage when you increase it to $15 an hour? If you don't give them a sizable increase than the resulting price spikes that will occur for goods and services will make them poorer than they were before and if you can't see that my friend then it's YOU who is naïve...not I!

More than 60% of American workers earn $20/hr or less. Yeah, $15/hr won't cause any disruption at all. Sure.

More than 60% of American workers earn $20/hr or less. Yeah, $15/hr won't cause any disruption at all. Sure.

This is simple common sense...every job field has it's own pay scale...every person that works in that field has a good idea what their set of job skills should be making them compared to someone else...and they ARE going to want to be compensated accordingly! Anyone who thinks that isn't going to be the case hasn't worked in the real world!

Most people have very little knowledge of business, economics, and finance. We do people a disservice by not teaching this in school. It should be mandatory.

There is NO FREE LUNCH. You raise the cost of doing business, and that business will have to make up that cost somewhere, and it is usually the price the consumer pays that increases. They other way is to fire people, and reduce your labor costs that way, so fewer people have to do MORE WORK.

Educators goes against science when science screams abortion is Murdering of a us citizen

Abortion and liberalism has brought this monster imbalance of young to old

That creates many harmful financial problems

Lower productivity is one. Which makes prices soar

New York is dying fast

New York is dying fast
You are a clown, I'll give you that.

New York is dying fast
You are a clown, I'll give you that.

Purse swinging Erin has got nothin'.....LOL!!!!

Yes, you are simply clueless and Causeless about economics.

we can raise the minimum wage to beat inflation.

Old people in New York will have to work more

That lowers productivity and makes prices soar

The wise are stampeding out of New York which will bring more crime and prices increasing yet again

New York leaders will soon get locked up

So did you want to take a crack at explaining how it is that you're going to keep inflationary forces from turning your 12% annual increase into nothing more than paper money in people's pockets that doesn't buy as much as it once did? Does the term "wheel barrow economics" mean anything to you? The Weimar Republic?
533-0927084046-moneywheelbarrow.jpg
too late; QE already happened.

We need to circulate capital to ensure liquidity.

The restaurants will have to automate.
Henry Ford did; coincidence or conspiracy?

unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed is equal protection of the law.
Could explain what you mean by this statement? Thanks.

I've been through this with him many times. He wants a guaranteed income because he doesn't want to work a job, so he makes up things he thinks sounds good to cloke it.
Capitalism; What is That, Sayeth the Right Wing.

an externality to You as long as every adult customer should be a potentially paying customer not a potential cost concern.

simply appeal to ignorance of your right wing bigotry.

So when do you start your new job that will make you a paying customer and a taxpayer?
i am applying for a position as a, "right wing fallacy detector".

in the short run. in the long, higher paid labor pays more in taxes and creates more in demand.

Forum List

Back