New York Senate Passes Bill To Allow Release of Trump’s State Tax Returns

The state tax return is based on nothing but what he made in New York, you moron.

No, I'm pretty sure that, like most states, New York's taxable income is based on your income as reported in your federal tax return.
Correct. The TOTAL amount of income. Not its source, not its breakdown. I pay taxes in New York and they go based upon your taxation bottom line.l

The federal return is where the income sources are broken down.

So you're saying that New York doesn't require W2s or 1099s? :lol:

The bill, which would let Congress view the returns, now heads to the state assembly. The state information would mirror much of the federal tax figures.

The New York Senate voted 39-21 Wednesday to pass a bill that would allow the release of President Donald Trump’s state tax returns to Congress.

The TRUST Act, sponsored by state Sen. Brad Hoylman, would let the New York tax commissioner release any state tax return requested by one of three congressional committees for any “specific and legitimate legislative purpose.” Those committees include the House Ways and Means Committee, the Senate Finance Committee and the Joint Committee on Taxation.

The bill’s passage means Congress could finally view some of Trump’s tax returns.

Great news! Thank you New York. The truth is leaking out.
You do know that New York cannot pass a bill forcing the Feds to do anything, right?

Ok it's obvious you don't know the difference between federal law and state law. Or between federal tax returns and state tax returns.

The law they're writing is a state law that allows trump's STATE tax returns to be seen by politicians.

This has nothing to do with federal income tax returns beyond the fact that the state returns should be very much like the federal return.

For heaven's sake. Read the article and understand what's being done. That way you don't make a total fool of yourself to all of cyberspace.

In other words, I know it's not easy but stop being so lazy and do try to keep up.

The bill, which would let Congress view the returns, now heads to the state assembly. The state information would mirror much of the federal tax figures.

The New York Senate voted 39-21 Wednesday to pass a bill that would allow the release of President Donald Trump’s state tax returns to Congress.

The TRUST Act, sponsored by state Sen. Brad Hoylman, would let the New York tax commissioner release any state tax return requested by one of three congressional committees for any “specific and legitimate legislative purpose.” Those committees include the House Ways and Means Committee, the Senate Finance Committee and the Joint Committee on Taxation.

The bill’s passage means Congress could finally view some of Trump’s tax returns.

Now if they can just find a specific and legitimate purpose...

You don't know HOW he made it.
No shit Sherlock, that's what i want to know. I would like to see all the listed LLCs, and watch as journalists follow up on all of them.
How do you make your money? Little girls? Drugs? Stolen cars?
Sorry, this thread is about the President of the United States. My fanclub thread is that way-->
The President, like you, is a citizen of the United States. That means he has rights.

So, how do you make your money? I'm sure I can find a way to get the feds interested in your dealings.

I'm not making anything up.
Of course you are, and you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. LLCs,like sole proprietorships, have special tax consideration and must be itemized on State returns. Every LLC and every dollar.

But you didn't know that, and you decided to make something up, hoping nobody knew better.

And, if you did bother to look things up before commenting, you would know that New York charges a filing fee, depending on each LLC's income.

In

In 2026 after the courts decide?? Lol idiot democrats

The President, like you, is a citizen of the United States. That means he has rights.
So what? And the President is obviously getting special treatment. Had congress subpoenaed my tax return (as is their right), I wouldnt have a personal stooge at the Treasury department to shield me from the subpoena. So your entire argument is ass backwards anyway.

The state tax return is based on nothing but what he made in New York, you moron.

No, I'm pretty sure that, like most states, New York's taxable income is based on your income as reported in your federal tax return.
Correct. The TOTAL amount of income. Not its source, not its breakdown. I pay taxes in New York and they go based upon your taxation bottom line.l

The federal return is where the income sources are broken down.

So you're saying that New York doesn't require W2s or 1099s? :lol:
Trump is NOT an employee, and he doesn't file 1099's because he is an S-corporation.

I'm not sure, but I'm thinking that if he's smart, he collects his paycheck in Florida. No state taxes.

The Trump organization files in New York. But a Corporation is specifically designed to insulate the owners from liability.

You do know that New York cannot pass a bill forcing the Feds to do anything, right?
So what?

So, the IRS is going to just laugh at New York Legislature. As they should.

Wow are you stupid and keep showing that fact to all intelligent people in cyberspace.

You're just too lazy to actually read the article yet you want to debate it. Wow.

The IRS has nothing to do with NY state income taxes and revenue office. This law allows the state income tax and revenue office to hand over trump's NY state income taxes.

I admit it's fun to laugh at you stupidity and laziness but seriously, stop embarrassing yourself to all of cyberspace.

So what? And the President is obviously getting special treatment. Had congress subpoenaed my tax return (as is their right), I wouldnt have a personal stooge at the Treasury department to shield me from the subpoena. So your entire argument is ass backwards anyway.
They DO NOT have a right to subpoena your tax records UNLESS they can name a specific crime you have committed.

So what?

So, the IRS is going to just laugh at New York Legislature. As they should.

Wow are you stupid and keep showing that fact to all intelligent people in cyberspace.

You're just too lazy to actually read the article yet you want to debate it. Wow.

The IRS has nothing to do with NY state income taxes and revenue office. This law allows the state income tax and revenue office to hand over trump's NY state income taxes.

I admit it's fun to laugh at you stupidity and laziness but seriously, stop embarrassing yourself to all of cyberspace.
Maybe you should read the whole thread, to keep from showing your fucking ignorance.

Liberals look so silly when they site State law over Federal law.

Trump is NOT an employee, and he doesn't file 1099's because he is an S-corporation.

:lol:

No he's not. It's well known by this point that Donald uses pass-through LLCs. Either way, the point remains that your claim (that New York doesn't look at sources of income, only totals) is still wrong.

I'm not making anything up.
Of course you are, and you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. LLCs,like sole proprietorships, have special tax consideration and must be itemized on State returns. Every LLC and every dollar.

But you didn't know that, and you decided to make something up, hoping nobody knew better.

And, if you did bother to look things up before commenting, you would know that New York charges a filing fee, depending on each LLC's income.
Do you even know what an LLC or an S-corp is? This is a company filing and not an individual filing.

:lol:

No he's not. It's well known by this point that Donald uses pass-through LLCs. Either way, the point remains that your claim (that New York doesn't look at sources of income, only totals) is still wrong.
He has several s-corps and a number of LLC's. That means that they file their taxable income, not Trumps. Understand yet?

They DO NOT have a right to subpoena your tax records UNLESS they can name a specific crime you have committed.
100% wrong. Dang son, you are really on a roll. Tell us about your pet dragons and your private castle, haha...

He has several s-corps and a number of LLC's. That means that they file their taxable income, not Trumps.
100% madeup bullshit. Again. LLCs do not file their own returns. That is literally one of the points of an LLC. Jesus man...take a break....

Forum List

Back