New York Passes Bill Giving Congress a Way to Get Trump’s State Tax Returns

Remember when the pseudocons made a lot of hysterical claims about how Obama must be hiding something since he would not release his long form birth certificate?

Hypocrite Donald was at the front of that parade.

Now karma is biting him in his ginormous fat ass.

What is Trump hiding?

Notice how the pseudocons don't want to know. They don't want to even think about it.
Birth certificate request far more routine and normal than tax returns.

Do you think this type of lawmaking is just a bad idea?

To me, when you make laws that in intent is for just one individual, that seems to flaunt the intent of the “Equal Protection” clause.

Love the outside the box thinking, I think is could be dangerous.

Actually it constitutes a bill of attainder

To me, when you make laws that in intent is for just one individual, that seems to flaunt the intent of the “Equal Protection” clause.

Politicans on both sides have become very short sighted they do these things that might give them a short term victory but seem totally oblivious to the fact the precedent they are setting will eventually be used against them.

It applies to everyone equally, fool.
Trump just happens to be the only one not volunteering his taxes.
Horseshit. They are directed solely at Trump.

It can be directed at anyone. I'm fine with it.
Anyone running for public office should be required to provide tax returns.

That isn’t for just running for president, it is any NY citizen can have their state taxes released to Congress just by a member requesting it. It is a privacy issue.

Politicans on both sides have become very short sighted they do these things that might give them a short term victory but seem totally oblivious to the fact the precedent they are setting will eventually be used against them.

Yep, these pissing matches by the two parties is going to erode private citizens rights and the partisan whack jobs will go along with it because their party wins...this time. What happens when it goes the other way, then we the people suffer and it will be way to late.

The law was put into place to specifically allow Congress to request tax returns from the state of New York. Now, name all the millions of people that live in New York that Congress would like to look at their taxes? Just one and that is the problem, it is targeting a specific person. That is troubling because of the precedent. I like the idea they thought out of the box, however I worry about the common citizen.

Not many everyday people will ever have business before congress. There is simply no need for them to apply that measure unless necessary. As NYC is a financial center though. White collar criminals should take note.

You don’t have to have business before Congress, Congress can get the info anytime they want. Very bad law for all private citizens in NY. New Yorkers need to watch out. Republicans can ask for any New Yorkers state tax returns. Lots of Democrats live in New York this could bite them. The same holds true for Democrats, they can request any New Yorkers state tax returns on a whim. Lots of room for abuse and believe me it will happen with the petty politics that we have in this country.

The law was put into place to specifically allow Congress to request tax returns from the state of New York. Now, name all the millions of people that live in New York that Congress would like to look at their taxes? Just one and that is the problem, it is targeting a specific person. That is troubling because of the precedent. I like the idea they thought out of the box, however I worry about the common citizen.

Not many everyday people will ever have business before congress. There is simply no need for them to apply that measure unless necessary. As NYC is a financial center though. White collar criminals should take note.

You don’t have to have business before Congress, Congress can get the info anytime they want. Very bad law for all private citizens in NY. New Yorkers need to watch out. Republicans can ask for any New Yorkers state tax returns. Lots of Democrats live in New York this could bite them. The same holds true for Democrats, they can request any New Yorkers state tax returns on a whim. Lots of room for abuse and believe me it will happen with the petty politics that we have in this country.

We'll see. We haven't seen abuses so far with the existing federal law allowing Ways and Means to acquire tax doccuments.

We'll see. We haven't seen abuses so far with the existing federal law allowing Ways and Means to acquire tax doccuments.

You have no idea if it gets abused, they can ask for taxes and you would never know.

You miss the point entirely, to make a law because of one person, that targets one person, leads to problems. It’s the intent of the law. We get shortsighted when giving away rights, we did so after 911 and we never got them back. Great causes, great ideas, and we sign off rights, bad combo in my opinion.

If this was a law that intended to attack a specific Democrat you would be against it, rightfully so and so would I. I get nervous when we give away rights.

When you've got a guy abusing power who has stated and acted on his promises to attack cities and the people that live there, you can't expect cities not to fight back.

Has nothing to do with fighting back. These are liberal partisan hack states. They cant get over the fact that the hilary lost. Thats all.

The federal law that says no one is entitled to have access to your IRS file. State taxes are based on the figures on your 1040. They only thing they have on them is gross income and net income. There are no other details on your state income taxes.
Fucking moron, those federal laws apply to federal filings, not state filings. The federal government can't dictate how states handle state taxes.
As I already pointed out, the only information on your state return that comes from your federal return is your gross income and net income.
That's not true. State taxes are filed on separate forms.

Right. The forms say "enter amount from gross income line" and "enter amount from net income line. There are no 1099s or other schedules of expenses and income sources.
Fucking moron ... did you really think the forum needed even more evidence you're a fucking moron....?

Income tax full-year resident forms (current year)

Did you bother to read the forms, numskull?

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/it/it201i.pdf

Lines 1 through 19 – Federal income tax return information
The computation of your New York State (and New York City and Yonkers) income tax is based on information you reported on your federal income tax return, including your income and federal adjustments to income.​

New York State lawmakers on Wednesday gave their final approval to a bill that would clear a path for Congress to obtain President Trump’s state tax returns, injecting another element into a tortuous battle over the president’s refusal to release his taxes.

The bill, which is expected to be signed by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat and regular critic of Mr. Trump’s policies and behavior, will authorize state tax officials to release the president’s state returns to any one of three congressional committees.

The returns — filed in New York, the president’s home state and business headquarters — would likely contain much of the same information as the contested federal returns, though it remained unclear whether those congressional committees would use such new power in their investigations.

We live in interesting times...
State governments can not overrule federal law, you dumb fucking moron.

What federal law?
Theses are state taxes, fool.
The federal law that says no one is entitled to have access to your IRS file.
Not true. You're going to have to cite the law to back up that claim.

Fourth Amendment
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Keep digging dems....I can't think of another man that has been audited more than Trump...maybe Rush Limbaugh has but Trump is right up there....if there was anything in them it would have been discovered years ago...these wealthy businessmen and women have the sharpest minds in tax preparation working for them...to keep them out of trouble....
Trump is toying with the dems...he knows his tax returns are clean...

So you've seen his tax returns and know there is nothing incriminating in them. Sure thing, Boogie.

No, I haven't seen his tax returns. But Tax Experts for the New York Revenue Department as well as the IRS have gone over them with a fine toothed comb. The fact that Donald J. Trump is wearing a dark suit, white shirt and either blue or red solid tie this morning and isn't in an orange jumpsuit, tells me that the returns are fine.

You see, I'm not a tax expert,
The reason the tax returns are wanted is because Michael Cohen claimed Trump valuated his assets differently depending on which organization he was filing with.

The IRS does not examine your insurance records. Only your taxes.

Congress wants both to see if Cohen's claim of fraud are accurate.
No one "valuates" assets on their 1040 unless they produce a capital gain. Otherwise, they only report income from those assets. Your theory is absolute horseshit. For another thing, this demand has nothing to do with Congressional oversite. It's purely a fishing expedition for dirt on Trump.

How about a loss or depreciation?

Ayup!

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/2017/inc/it398_2017_fill_in.pdf
Only because New York has special rules regarding depreciation of commercial property, so it has to be calculated differently.

Keep digging dems....I can't think of another man that has been audited more than Trump...maybe Rush Limbaugh has but Trump is right up there....if there was anything in them it would have been discovered years ago...these wealthy businessmen and women have the sharpest minds in tax preparation working for them...to keep them out of trouble....
Trump is toying with the dems...he knows his tax returns are clean...

The State of New York audits Limbaugh every year simply because they are greedy bastards trying to get his money.

New York State lawmakers on Wednesday gave their final approval to a bill that would clear a path for Congress to obtain President Trump’s state tax returns, injecting another element into a tortuous battle over the president’s refusal to release his taxes.

The bill, which is expected to be signed by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat and regular critic of Mr. Trump’s policies and behavior, will authorize state tax officials to release the president’s state returns to any one of three congressional committees.

The returns — filed in New York, the president’s home state and business headquarters — would likely contain much of the same information as the contested federal returns, though it remained unclear whether those congressional committees would use such new power in their investigations.

State governments can not overrule federal law, you dumb fucking moron.

What federal law?
Theses are state taxes, fool.
The federal law that says no one is entitled to have access to your IRS file. State taxes are based on the figures on your 1040. They only thing they have on them is gross income and net income. There are no other details on your state income taxes.

The state law only applies to state taxesfor people from that state, dope.
What's your point, moron?

Just think, they can do this to you now to.

Remember when the pseudocons made a lot of hysterical claims about how Obama must be hiding something since he would not release his long form birth certificate?

Hypocrite Donald was at the front of that parade.

Now karma is biting him in his ginormous fat ass.

What is Trump hiding?

Notice how the pseudocons don't want to know. They don't want to even think about it.
We don't care. Hill and Bill murdered people and you don't care. Obama is not a natural born citizen, his history in doing anything in life is hazy and you don't care. We can go on with each other. But being moralistic with you is a death sentence.

Could be construed as a treasonous attempted coup.

Fucking moron, those federal laws apply to federal filings, not state filings. The federal government can't dictate how states handle state taxes.
As I already pointed out, the only information on your state return that comes from your federal return is your gross income and net income.
That's not true. State taxes are filed on separate forms.

Right. The forms say "enter amount from gross income line" and "enter amount from net income line. There are no 1099s or other schedules of expenses and income sources.
Fucking moron ... did you really think the forum needed even more evidence you're a fucking moron....?

Income tax full-year resident forms (current year)

Did you bother to read the forms, numskull?

https://www.tax.ny.gov/pdf/current_forms/it/it201i.pdf

Lines 1 through 19 – Federal income tax return information
The computation of your New York State (and New York City and Yonkers) income tax is based on information you reported on your federal income tax return, including your income and federal adjustments to income.​
Fucking moron, the state is taxing him and the state can choose how to handle peoples' taxes. The federal government can't tell them what to do in that regard.

Forum List

Back