New York Passes Bill Giving Congress a Way to Get Trump’s State Tax Returns

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011

New York State lawmakers on Wednesday gave their final approval to a bill that would clear a path for Congress to obtain President Trump’s state tax returns, injecting another element into a tortuous battle over the president’s refusal to release his taxes.

The bill, which is expected to be signed by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat and regular critic of Mr. Trump’s policies and behavior, will authorize state tax officials to release the president’s state returns to any one of three congressional committees.

The returns — filed in New York, the president’s home state and business headquarters — would likely contain much of the same information as the contested federal returns, though it remained unclear whether those congressional committees would use such new power in their investigations.

We live in interesting times...

Do you think this type of lawmaking is just a bad idea?

To me, when you make laws that in intent is for just one individual, that seems to flaunt the intent of the “Equal Protection” clause.

Love the outside the box thinking, I think is could be dangerous.

When you've got a guy abusing power who has stated and acted on his promises to attack cities and the people that live there, you can't expect cities not to fight back.

To me, when you make laws that in intent is for just one individual, that seems to flaunt the intent of the “Equal Protection” clause.

It does seem to skirt the edges of the "bill of attainder" prohibition in the US Constitution.

Just more nonsense of a piss ass libtard state trying to run the entire country.

New York State lawmakers on Wednesday gave their final approval to a bill that would clear a path for Congress to obtain President Trump’s state tax returns, injecting another element into a tortuous battle over the president’s refusal to release his taxes.

The bill, which is expected to be signed by Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, a third-term Democrat and regular critic of Mr. Trump’s policies and behavior, will authorize state tax officials to release the president’s state returns to any one of three congressional committees.

The returns — filed in New York, the president’s home state and business headquarters — would likely contain much of the same information as the contested federal returns, though it remained unclear whether those congressional committees would use such new power in their investigations.

Hooray for the pseudocons.

You are finally going to see the Democrats destroy this country.

The criminal democratic crime mob will stop at nothing to try to hang Trump on any specious grounds before the 2020 election they can find, even if they have to rewrite every law in the state because they know they can't beat him in an open election, just as they illegally pushed Sanders out of the 2016 primary because they knew Hillary would likely lose to him, then had the FBI bury their treason investigation against the bitch because they needed her in office to carry out their coup.

What puppet of the DNC mafia will you run for office this time?

Our elections are now a fraud and Trump is the only light shining on the cockroaches.

State governments can not overrule federal law, you dumb fucking moron.

There will be Nothing left of the Fascist democrat Party when Trump is finished with them

When you've got a guy abusing power who has stated and acted on his promises to attack cities and the people that live there, you can't expect cities not to fight back.
Where has Trump abused power, you fucking moron? Winning an election is no abusing power.

It does seem to skirt the edges of the "bill of attainder" prohibition in the US Constitution.
Skirt the edges... lol

th

Hope New York and Congress their way then they find out that Trump has all the i's dotted and t's crossed in his tax returns. Then Trump turns around and signs an executive order that makes all of Congresses, both federal and NY state tax returns, public knowledge.

Fair is fair.

It would be an ideal Trump move for draining the swamp.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:cool:

That's wrong. Tax returns are private and no government should be allowed to force an individual to release them. Trump's a liar who promised he would release them and then reneged on that promise, but that his prerogative. This is a bad precedent.

It would violate several federal privacy acts so no go and fake.

The State can pass any bill they want. Doesn't mean anything.

They can't break Fed law and if they try it will go nowhere.

Good luck to the brainless dweebs.

What Federal law prevents a state from giving a State Tax form to the Fed Govt?

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

If they can do it let them but I bet it lands in court for a few years.

Oh and I doubt the House Dems are really interested in the NY State tax returns. I think they want his world business tax returns.

If they can do it let them but I bet it lands in court for a few years.

Oh and I doubt the House Dems are really interested in the NY State tax returns. I think they want his world business tax returns.

What state do you think his business is headquartered in??

Forum List

Back