New York City Mayor Eric wants federal government to declare state of emergency.

Burgermeister

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 23, 2021
Now he wants taxpayers in other states to give him money to help with the cost of being a sanctuary city. I wish Trump were in office. His response would be priceless. I'm sure Biden will help out with more of our money.

MIDTOWN (WABC) -- New York City Mayor Eric Adams says that without major policy changes and additional support from the state and federal governments, caring for asylum seekers may cost the city over $12 billion over three fiscal years.

The mayor announced the updated economic forecast as the city nears the arrival of 100,000 asylum seekers since spring 2022. There are currently over 57,300 asylum seekers in New York City's care.

Last week alone, more than 2,900 new asylum seekers entered the city's shelter system. So far, the city has opened nearly 200 emergency sites.

"The city is running out of money, appropriate space, and personnel," to care for migrant families the mayor said as he delivered remarks about the new estimated costs.

The Department of Homeland security sent a team to New York City to access the issue. They were on the ground at the Roosevelt Hotel on Wednesday, where another bus arrived in the evening. They are determining what the agency's role will be in helping the city.

The mayor also called on the federal government to
declare a state of emergency so that federal funds can be used to fund the city's requests.

He also wants expedited work authorizations for asylum seekers, which I'm sure he'll get. The benefits of coming here illegally are unbelievable. I bet the working class in NYC appreciates all the efforts their government is making to flood the low-income job market with "asylum seekers".

Now he wants taxpayers in other states to give him money to help with the cost of being a sanctuary city. I wish Trump were in office. His response would be priceless. I'm sure Biden will help out with more of our money.

MIDTOWN (WABC) -- New York City Mayor Eric Adams says that without major policy changes and additional support from the state and federal governments, caring for asylum seekers may cost the city over $12 billion over three fiscal years.

The mayor announced the updated economic forecast as the city nears the arrival of 100,000 asylum seekers since spring 2022. There are currently over 57,300 asylum seekers in New York City's care.

Last week alone, more than 2,900 new asylum seekers entered the city's shelter system. So far, the city has opened nearly 200 emergency sites.

"The city is running out of money, appropriate space, and personnel," to care for migrant families the mayor said as he delivered remarks about the new estimated costs.

The Department of Homeland security sent a team to New York City to access the issue. They were on the ground at the Roosevelt Hotel on Wednesday, where another bus arrived in the evening. They are determining what the agency's role will be in helping the city.

declare a state of emergency so that federal funds can be used to fund the city's requests.

He also wants expedited work authorizations for asylum seekers, which I'm sure he'll get. The benefits of coming here illegally are unbelievable. I bet the working class in NYC appreciates all the efforts their government is making to flood the low-income job market with "asylum seekers".

The only emergency is the unavailable never ending money supply.

Yea, that state of emergency never ends

Welcome to reality.

Meanwhile Texas gets criticized for declaring a state of emergency.
Texas is actually trying to help NYC by putting up barriers...Xiden is suing to stop them. I hope the people of NYC start to realize that the Demafacsit party is not there to help them, but wants to make things worse

When will Congress act to take care of this?

What the fuck are they doing?

Oh look!

The White House also is expected to ask for $12 billion to replenish federal disaster funds, according to the person, who was not authorized to speak publicly about a request that had not yet been made public and spoke to The Associated Press on the condition of anonymity.

Eric isn't really upset about all of the illegals, he's upset that he has to pay for them because he thinks the red states should be forced to both take and pay for them.

Awww.... Cry me a river, Mr Addams

Forum List

Back