New York appeals court pauses breakup of Trump businesses during civil fraud trial

No it didn't happen that way.
It did you Snowflake.

Trump isn't getting a jury in his $250 million civil fraud trial because his lawyers failed to ask for one

While Trump has raged on social media in recent weeks about the decision to forego a jury trial, he only has one group to blame: his legal team.

On July 31, the New York attorney general's office filed paperwork telling the judge it had completed all its pre-trial work and was prepared for a trial. On that form, the lawyers checked a box requesting a "Trial without jury."

Trump's lawyers never filed anything to court arguing otherwise, court records show. They had the opportunity to ask for a jury trial — but didn't.

There will be no federal intervention from the current DOJ. Won't happen. I can't prove it but gut level I'm pretty sure the DOJ is working the James and possibly the judge to take down Trump.
Yes I believe that is the case and it can be examined by the federal court system who owe no allegiance to the DOJ. You are quite correct about their back stage pressures IMO.

It did you Snowflake.

Trump isn't getting a jury in his $250 million civil fraud trial because his lawyers failed to ask for one

While Trump has raged on social media in recent weeks about the decision to forego a jury trial, he only has one group to blame: his legal team.

On July 31, the New York attorney general's office filed paperwork telling the judge it had completed all its pre-trial work and was prepared for a trial. On that form, the lawyers checked a box requesting a "Trial without jury."

Trump's lawyers never filed anything to court arguing otherwise, court records show. They had the opportunity to ask for a jury trial — but didn't.
Trump’s lawyers have pushed back on the notion that they failed to request a jury trial, as some have suggested based on paperwork filed in the case.

“Under 63 (12), which is what this case is, you don’t have a right, an absolute right to a jury,” Trump lawyer Alina Habba said on Fox News this week.

A Trump spokesperson said that the attorney general “filed this case under a consumer protection statute that denies the right to a jury.”

“There was never an option to choose a jury trial,” the spokesperson said. “It is unfortunate that a jury won’t be able to hear how absurd the merits of this case are and conclude no wrongdoing ever happened.”

Trump’s lawyers have pushed back on the notion that they failed to request a jury trial, as some have suggested based on paperwork filed in the case.

“Under 63 (12), which is what this case is, you don’t have a right, an absolute right to a jury,” Trump lawyer Alina Habba said on Fox News this week.

A Trump spokesperson said that the attorney general “filed this case under a consumer protection statute that denies the right to a jury.”

“There was never an option to choose a jury trial,” the spokesperson said. “It is unfortunate that a jury won’t be able to hear how absurd the merits of this case are and conclude no wrongdoing ever happened.”
They didn't have an absolute right to a jury and if you read my link you would of seen that they acknowledge that but his lawyers did have the opportunity to ask for one. The thing is in a court of law you don't get things you don't even ask for. His lawyers could of made an argument and even if it failed it might of been grounds for appeal but since they didn't even try it isn't at all grounds for appeal. Sad day for them. 😄

They didn't have an absolute right to a jury and if you read my link you would of seen that they acknowledge that but his lawyers did have the opportunity to ask for one. The thing is in a court of law you don't get things you don't even ask for. His lawyers could of made an argument and even if it failed it might of been grounds for appeal but since they didn't even try it isn't at all grounds for appeal. Sad day for them. 😄
I didn't read your garbage I found a source that evidentially countered your bullshit. And why ask for one when the bisis judge is going to reject it.
FYI your derailment is noted

I didn't read your garbage I found a source that evidentially countered your bullshit. And why ask for one when the bisis judge is going to reject it.
FYI your derailment is noted
Because that's how courts of law work you dumb ass. As I said you don't get things you don't ask for. You don't win on arguments you didn't make. He might of been able to appeal if the judge refused his request for a jury but now he can't.

Because that's how courts of law work you dumb ass. As I said you don't get things you don't ask for. You don't win on arguments you didn't make. He might of been able to appeal if the judge refused his request for a jury but now he can't.
Dumbass they didn't ask because the basis judge would have rejected them that's how it works in a banana Republic. Fucking idiot

Dumbass they didn't ask because the basis judge would have rejected them that's how it works in a banana Republic. Fucking idiot
No. That's only how it works in your little victimhooded imagination. We aren't a Banana Republic. Only soft as soy whites who grew up in privilege would mistake this for one. 😄

The appeals court will end this shit you racist piece of shit
No they won't because Trump's crack team of lawyers forgot to even try. In law there is a thing known as "preserving the record". If you fail to try to even make your case in court then you have no grounds for appeal.

Preserving the Record for Appeal.

Preserving the record for appeal is a critical aspect of the appellate process in Florida and federal cases. It involves ensuring that all relevant evidence, objections, and procedural matters are documented during the trial so that an appellate court can review and consider them in the event of an appeal. In addition, preserving the record is essential for parties seeking to challenge a trial court’s decision, as appellate courts generally will not consider arguments or evidence incorrectly preserved in the trial court record.

One of the primary ways to preserve the record for appeal is by making timely objections to any adverse rulings or actions by the trial court. For example, suppose a party believes that the trial court has made an erroneous ruling on the admissibility of evidence. In that case, they should have objected when the court ruled, stating the specific grounds for their objection.

There is no guarantee to a jury trial in civil cases.

However, if the plaintiff (New York) requested a non-jury trial and the respondent (FPOTUS#45) requested one, than that would have been a point of disagreement for the court.

In such a case the Judge would direct the participants to file motions in support and in opposition, then have a hearing between parties to make their case. Then the Judge would decide.
No, if that were to happen, and the decision was against the respondent, then that becomes a point of appeal. The respondent would then have a basis to appeal to appellate level on legal grounds.

Since the respondents lawyers didn't even ask for a jury, that forever removes that from the ability to appeal. The only appeal that FPOTUS#45 could make would be to represent to the appellate level court that he hired incompetent counsel. Which probably isn't a smart move while those lawyers are trying to defend you in court.

WW

This isn't the first time this abysmal tuna smell DA had to be slapped down. She did the same thing to the NRA. she tried to dissolve it the same way and got her fingers hit. It's not like she has no history with the higher court.

This isn't the first time this abysmal tuna smell DA had to be slapped down. She did the same thing to the NRA. she tried to dissolve it the same way and got her fingers hit. It's not like she has no history with the higher court.
They run the risk of drawing federal level corruption charges.

A trial being dictated by a very biased judge who wouldn't allow a jury trial. Who has been in record saying he doesn't like juries because they sometimes get their verdicts wrong. So the appeals court will slap his edicts down.
Trump didn’t ask for a jury trial so he can’t appeal that point.

It certainly looks like a pattern. Politically driven charges brought before a Politically driven judge to achieve political goals.
Actually the pattern is that Trump breaks the law a lot because he doesn’t think it applies to him.

Forum List

Back