New word, wha dya think? :)

Lunner? I hardly know 'er.

I lunner alla time. Specially when I've skipped lunch.
I just call it "timeshifting". It's like shapeshifting, only more timely.

A meal between lunch and dinner is called supper.

No -- when there is a supper, then dinner comes between supper and breakfast. Lunch... well, lunch takes a break. You either get supper or you get lunch. Can't have both. :nono:

I dunno, maybe my family is just different.

In my household supper was always optional and occurred around 4 or 5 PM.

Dinner was around 8 in the evening and mandatory. It was the time I had to keep tabs on the kids and know what's going on in their personal lives. A time for them to relax and open up about their problems so I could help or support them in any way I could.

I dunno, maybe my family is just different.

In my household supper was always optional and occurred around 4 or 5 PM.

Dinner was around 8 in the evening and mandatory. It was the time I had to keep tabs on the kids and know what's going on in their personal lives. A time for them to relax and open up about their problems so I could help or support them in any way I could.

Never heard of that arrangement -- I grew up bicultural (Northern/Southern) -- in the North we had breakfast, lunch and dinner (and the last would never occur that late -- by 8 it was long over). But my cousins in the South of a slightly higher social class would have breakfast, dinner and supper. There was no real difference in meal times as I recall, just the names of them.

If a meal between breakfast and lunch is 'brunch,' then 'lunner is the one between lunch and dinner. :)

Forum List

Back