New TV Show, The Strain

Looks sufficiently weird to maybe be good.

Yeah, it does! Kinda reminds me of the vamps in whatshisfaces movies..Blade. Their mouths have more things in it than just sharp pointy teeth, lol.

Heads up East Coast People! COming on NOW.

Report back here when it is over and let us know what you thought, k?

"Love, you see, is the one force that cannot be explained.

It cannot be broken down into a chemical process.

It is the beacon that guides us back home when no one is there, and the light that illuminates our loss.

Its absence robs us of all pleasure, of our capacity for joy.

It makes our nights darker, and our days gloomier.

But when we find love, no matter how wrong, how sad, or how terrible, we cling to it: it gives us our strength; it holds us upright. It feeds on us, and we feed on it.

Love is our grace.

Love is our downfall."
— Said by the creepy old New World Order-ish guy in the tower, as the virus had made its way across the Hudson.

Vampires.

Zombies.

An unstoppable virus.

And a guy with the Staff of Moses who runs a pawn shop, and who most likely saw evil firsthand as a boy in a European World War II camp — i.e. maybe the poor kid unfortunately saw the work of Dr. Josef Mengele.

That's what I'm calling.

45 minutes and I get to watch it too!

So is it scarey? Effects good or cheesy?

Important to note that the elderly badass pawn shop owner sports a prison tat of a number on his right forearm — first pointed out by one of the other prisoners in the holding cell at the jail.

I maintain that he is a WWII death camp survivor.

Stickin' with that theory.

Oh come on. You find a carved box 9 feet tall, full of dirt, with a latch on the inside. I don't care if you work for CDC...the FIRST thing you would think is DRACULA, right? Yet...deer in headlights looks.

Eye roll.

I don't like shows when I know what is going to happen before it does. This one, I am sorry to say...looks cheesy. So far.

THIS looks interesting! No ethereal, sexy, feminin-ish vampires in this one. Nope. Thems ugly, gross, disgusting and mean!!! Just the way Vamps should be, lol.

Plus, the creator rocks!

Who is eagerly awaiting? Me me me!

Horror and real life mix to make up FX's 'The Strain'

I'll give any series a once-over only to never watch it again if the women have their lips bumped up with collagen. I can't take them seriously. One can tell they have been enlarged just by looking or when they lick them often. They must have no feeling in their new lip/lips or nerve endings are lost. Or they are very dry. :dunno:

The standard size of the bottom lip of most women used to be 1.5 times larger than the upper lip, or so I have read. Of course there are exceptions.

Just differing opinions. I hated it and will not watch again. But thats me.

After seeing more last night of the demonic figure that used to be imprisoned in the coffin, I'm even more convinced of how correct I was in my initial hypothesis on this thread.

Lotsa folks are mistakenly thinking this is merely about a vampire or some such.

It isn't.

It's also about evil experiments done by Nazis, and the Vril Society.

Forum List

Back