New TV Show, The Strain

Interesting twist with the vampire Spec-Ops guys this episode.

I wonder if they're working against the German, or a part of the "new Reich" he alluded to.

Yeah I thought the same thing: WTF are these guys?

This past episode, I KNEW the hawt blonde chick would survive the Night in the 7-Eleven and Join the Vampire Killing CDC.

The A-team needs to pick-up a token black guy in next week's episode. I'm sure they'll pick up the Cholo

The 7-11 episode seemed more poorly written than usual. I don't know how much longer I can keep watching if that's the quality of writing and acting to expect.

Indeed. I was surprised they wrote out the chubby, be-speckeled "everyman" character, but I suppose they needed to make room for the hawt blonde computer genius chick.

The Cholo WILL be a major vampire-killer, as per the books, a trilogy. The series writer/creator Guillermo-del-Toro is a money making machine, and loves his monsters: If you saw Hell-Boy I, II, you know all about him. Like these stories, The Strain has been a comic book series, and if you don't like the writing, it might be because comic book dialog is not universally appreciated by adults.

By the way, I've been trying to guess the ethnicity of the NY Department of Sanitation Officer/Rat and Infected Chubby-Bespeckled Killer.

Ukrainian.

The 7-11 episode seemed more poorly written than usual. I don't know how much longer I can keep watching if that's the quality of writing and acting to expect.

Indeed. I was surprised they wrote out the chubby, be-speckeled "everyman" character, but I suppose they needed to make room for the hawt blonde computer genius chick.

The Cholo WILL be a major vampire-killer, as per the books, a trilogy. The series writer/creator Guillermo-del-Toro is a money making machine, and loves his monsters: If you saw Hell-Boy I, II, you know all about him. Like these stories, The Strain has been a comic book series, and if you don't like the writing, it might be because comic book dialog is not universally appreciated by adults.

By the way, I've been trying to guess the ethnicity of the NY Department of Sanitation Officer/Rat and Infected Chubby-Bespeckled Killer.

Ukrainian.

I'm actually a comic book fan, but I don't think the dialogue translates well directly to film. :)

I've seen both Hellboy movies and they were OK. I haven't read The Strain, in part because I knew it would be a show and didn't want to ruin it. That's starting to look like a bad idea :lol:.

I'm sure I'll stick with this at least a bit longer because I like the basic premise, but the actors and writers are doing a pretty bad job with what they have. :(

Back in the '70s "The Strain" was a euphemism for a form of one of the inconveniences also known as "The Clap".

I thought "The Strain" was a euphemism for constipation, and this show would be a drama about a plane load of people from Wisconsin after a Cheese and Sausage Eating Contest.

I really wanted to like this show, but it's just too crappy.

Yeah, when you compare it to something like, say "Breaking Bad" or "The Sopranos" where actual humans commit horrific acts, it is more than a little silly.

I'm becoming bored with supernatural nonsense. For example, "Salem." Just couldn't watch it, but recorded the season.

Yeah, when you compare it to something like, say "Breaking Bad" or "The Sopranos" where actual humans commit horrific acts, it is more than a little silly.

I'm becoming bored with supernatural nonsense. For example, "Salem." Just couldn't watch it, but recorded the season.

The supernatural nonsense was the only draw of the show! :lol:

The supernatural nonsense was the only draw of the show! :lol:

Yes, unlike I guess, something like True Blood, for which I've only seen a few episodes because I don't get ShowTime/HBO.

Interesting twist with the vampire Spec-Ops guys this episode.

I wonder if they're working against the German, or a part of the "new Reich" he alluded to.

Yeah I thought the same thing: WTF are these guys?

This past episode, I KNEW the hawt blonde chick would survive the Night in the 7-Eleven and Join the Vampire Killing CDC.

The A-team needs to pick-up a token black guy in next week's episode. I'm sure they'll pick up the Cholo

Would a token Hispanic work? I believe they will pick up the gang-banger guy. He's a great character.

The "good guys" are irritating. The constant whine that "we could have saved him".

Hint, when someone shoots a 10 foot tongue ending with hooks out of their mouth and their two bottom openings turn into one, they are no longer human.

2014-07-19_08_09_25.gif

The-Strain-70-20.gif

The "good guys" are irritating. The constant whine that "we could have saved him".

Hint, when someone shoots a 10 foot tongue ending with hooks out of their mouth and their two bottom openings turn into one, they are no longer human.

2014-07-19_08_09_25.gif

The-Strain-70-20.gif
geezus.....Dean actually made a comment without bringing Republicans into it......

3w1ej.gif

yGBuI.gif

u8awa.gif

What was wrong with it? I actually liked that episode!

From what I recall, the dialog was particularly forced, the reactions of the various characters were pretty ludicrous, and the vampires surrounding the store were inconsistent in their ability to try and get at the humans.

It got worse in the next episode, particularly between Setrakian (sp?) and the kid, so I've given up on the show.

2014-07-19_08_09_25.gif

The-Strain-70-20.gif

Have to agree, the constant blithering from the CDC's "Eff" that "this is some sort of disease!!" makes me hope the Old Jew gets fed up with him and stabs him through the head with his sword.

Forum List

Back