New Tax on Indoor Tanning Goes into Effect--I found this odd....

Americans do many things that create an "unnecessary burden" on the healthcare system...

You want to tax ALL of them?

Why not, after all conservatives supported sin taxes which is basically the same thing when it suited them. NOW that a democrat is in charge you would think they would want to repeal them all based on the politically expedient stance on the issue now. However, when pushed they expose their hypocrisy as they backtrack. How typical.

P.S. not supportive of "taxing them all" but merely playing devil's advocate to point out the hypocrisy of the right.

I find people who speak in generalizations to be rather foolish...

That would be you, in case you were wondering...

Does that standard apply to you as well or did you happen to miss your previous responses within this thread??

Americans do many things that create an "unnecessary burden" on the healthcare system...

Oh and in case you missed it, when you said "I find people who speak in generalizations to be rather foolish" you were making a generalization about those people. LOL

Oops looks like you are suffering from a severe case of foot in the mouth syndrome. LOL

The sad thing is that your response was just a poor hypocritical attempt to avoid responding to the actual content of the post as you baselessly and hypocritically attack the poster for doing the very thing you did in the post I was responding to. How typical.

Last edited:
Nope it's not. If I want I can walk, bike, catch a cab or take a bus I don't NEED a car. It is a luxury not a need.
But thanks for playing.

Yeah, tell a country doctor making house calls in Nebraska that a car is a luxury item...:lol:

"I'll get there when I can. I have to call a cab."

Tell the volunteer firemen across America that their car is a luxury item.

"Hello, Yellow Cab? I need a ride to the firehouse. When can you get here?"

dumbass...<facepalm>

Yeah you are a dumbass but thanks for playing.

Did you miss the fact that I was being asked about ME and my world and that I responded about how it is a luxury?? or did you just not pay attention in your zealous rush to attack me personally showing how truly ignorant you are??

Your words, dumbshit:
Talk about simple minded, a car is not a need and neither is transportation.

Your words in no way specified that you were talking of just yourself....

You fail, but thanks for playing...

The point is that they never stop.....they never quit raising the taxes on them. Yes, they all get their ounce of flesh with the smokes. What's taxes are going to be the first to get an additional tax, tanning booths, soda pop, bottled water? Yet you justify it, and not question it....I can't think that way.

You are right....I justify these taxes by paying them. I do not HAVE to smoke. It is not my RIGHT to smoke. I CHOOSE to smoke. Therefore I CHOOSE to pay these taxes. Now, since I CHOOSE not to smoke cigars, I CHOOSE NOT to pay the even higher import taxes on those items. Does this make any more sense?

Actually....it doesn't make any sense at all. It just means you will do what they tell you and not question it at all. I find that quite curious

Do you question the sales tax you pay on everything inedible, from some goofy T-shirt that makes a statement and holds some designer label right up to that new washer and dryer which you might not need but choose to replace your old ones? (And yes, I realize some states don't have a sales tax; I'm just giving you an analogy.)

Why not, after all conservatives supported sin taxes which is basically the same thing when it suited them. NOW that a democrat is in charge you would think they would want to repeal them all based on the politically expedient stance on the issue now. However, when pushed they expose their hypocrisy as they backtrack. How typical.

P.S. not supportive of "taxing them all" but merely playing devil's advocate to point out the hypocrisy of the right.

Does that standard apply to you as well or did you happen to miss your previous responses within this thread??

Yes, that was wrong of me... I try not to generalize...

I should have said "Many Americans"...

So you admit your error?

Yeah, tell a country doctor making house calls in Nebraska that a car is a luxury item...:lol:

"I'll get there when I can. I have to call a cab."

Tell the volunteer firemen across America that their car is a luxury item.

"Hello, Yellow Cab? I need a ride to the firehouse. When can you get here?"

dumbass...<facepalm>

Did you miss the fact that I was being asked about ME and my world and that I responded about how it is a luxury?? or did you just not pay attention in your zealous rush to attack me personally showing how truly ignorant you are??

Your words, dumbshit:

yeah my words and my response to a question that was asked by meister, DUMBASS, and your attack came AFTER my response to meister's question. So to me food, water, and shelter are NEEDS for survival. I don't consider a car a need for my survival but it's quite telling that you do consider it a need.

As usual, your spin and desperate (self percieved) NEED to attack any who dare to disagree with you falls well short of the mark and your self declared victory is undeserved and unearned. However, thanks for playing.

Taxing tanning is really the least of our problems.....via Obama Behavior Modification is soon coming our way big time.....

Obama Issues Executive Order Mandating “Lifestyle Behavior Modification”

According to the Executive Order that details the President’s “National Prevention and Health Promotion Strategy,” the Council will be charged with carrying out ” lifestyle behavior modification” among American citizens that do not exhibit “healthy behavior.”

The President’s desired lifestyle behavior modifications detailed in Sec. 6 (c) focus on:

&#9632;smoking cessation;
&#9632;proper nutrition;
&#9632;appropriate exercise;
&#9632;mental health;
&#9632;behavioral health;
&#9632;sedentary behavior (see Sec. 3 [c]);
&#9632;substance-use disorder; and
&#9632;domestic violence screenings.

It doesn't make any difference with them, ScreamingEagle. They could care less because it is much easier to be told what to think than to actually do their own thinking. They can't think out of the box with politics, and ask a tough question, "Why'?

You don't think those are important issues to the well-being of Americans if we're to remain a strong nation? Sometimes, it takes THE BOSS to shake things up a bit by making a strong statement. We're fat and unhealthy; addicted to our own personal lifestyles, and to a large extent becoming less and less educated. It's time we took a good long look around and shout out a collective STOP the madness. Just sit for an hour or so and observe the people coming and going. This site is meant to be humorous, but it also tells an awful truth about US.

Funny Pictures at WalMart Photos

So you admit your error?

I am still waiting on a response to the content of my post that you are trying to avoid by hiding behind your hypocritical rant about making generalizations. Or do you need me to put "many" in front of conservatives before you will respond?? LOL

Notice how the risky behavior list didn't include unprotected sex. Doesn't Obama care about HIV prone people?

Unfrickenbelievable.

There's a category for unhealthful behavior, or something like that.

You are right....I justify these taxes by paying them. I do not HAVE to smoke. It is not my RIGHT to smoke. I CHOOSE to smoke. Therefore I CHOOSE to pay these taxes. Now, since I CHOOSE not to smoke cigars, I CHOOSE NOT to pay the even higher import taxes on those items. Does this make any more sense?

Actually....it doesn't make any sense at all. It just means you will do what they tell you and not question it at all. I find that quite curious

Do you question the sales tax you pay on everything inedible, from some goofy T-shirt that makes a statement and holds some designer label right up to that new washer and dryer which you might not need but choose to replace your old ones? (And yes, I realize some states don't have a sales tax; I'm just giving you an analogy.)

Did you happen to catch the "KEY words Excessive Tax" in my posts Maggie, or would that quelch the point your trying to make??? Hmmm?

Taxing tanning is really the least of our problems.....via Obama Behavior Modification is soon coming our way big time.....

It doesn't make any difference with them, ScreamingEagle. They could care less because it is much easier to be told what to think than to actually do their own thinking. They can't think out of the box with politics, and ask a tough question, "Why'?

You don't think those are important issues to the well-being of Americans if we're to remain a strong nation? Sometimes, it takes THE BOSS to shake things up a bit by making a strong statement. We're fat and unhealthy; addicted to our own personal lifestyles, and to a large extent becoming less and less educated. It's time we took a good long look around and shout out a collective STOP the madness. Just sit for an hour or so and observe the people coming and going. This site is meant to be humorous, but it also tells an awful truth about US.

Funny Pictures at WalMart Photos

I see you don't have the ability to think out of the box either, Maggie. Looks like the government needs to govern your own thoughts and decisions. Geeze, I feel sorry for the herd of sheep we have on this board

Your words, dumbshit:

yeah my words and my response to a question that was asked by meister, DUMBASS, and your attack came AFTER my response to meister's question. So to me food, water, and shelter are NEEDS for survival. I don't consider a car a need for my survival but it's quite telling that you do consider it a need.

As usual, your spin and desperate (self percieved) NEED to attack any who dare to disagree with you falls well short of the mark and your self declared victory is undeserved and unearned. However, thanks for playing.

I never asked you a question, smitty. :eusa_whistle:

Tendrils extending everywhere... big mommy government wants more and more money, more and more power, and more and more control

We are beyond 'out of hand'

Our government keep chipping away, just a little 10%, and a little 10% there. If they do it incrementally, people won't notice themselves bending over and getting th shaft.

Most "sin" taxes, fees and licensing are the result of state actions, not the federal government.

Again you are being disengenuous with my posts, Maggie. I also stated that all the governments are getting their pound of flesh. In the end we are being taxed and taxed and taxed...excessively, and that is good with you too, I get it....and I do understand why. But, you are oblivious to the reason, apparently.

Nobody's got a gun to your heads. If you don't want to pay the tax, don't go to a tanning salon.

And maybe get your fat asses off the couch once in a while and go outside where the tanning is free.

:cuckoo: I don't think that is the point of the thread, Clean. I think it has more to do with the "TAX" and a government that is getting deeper into everyones pocket. But if you think it's not carry on.

Well, since I'm sure the number of people who make use of tanning salons is very small compared to, say, the number of people who buy gasoline, and considering the amount of revenue this particular tax is expected to generate, I don't see it as being unreasonable at all. In fact, it was a brilliant idea!

Of course you do. They are already paying federal taxes, state taxes and city taxes or fees, but lets hit them again just because they are a small business. Yes, a brilliant idea. :cuckoo:

"should he/she be punished unduly for a lifestyle?" Does this apply to everyone and their "lifestyles" or do your standards have a selective application??

In your world a car is not a need, smitty.
When it comes to applying excessive taxes for a lifestyle....anyone's lifestyle....even yours and VaYank's, I'm against it..

Nope it's not. If I want I can walk, bike, catch a cab or take a bus I don't NEED a car. It is a luxury not a need.
But thanks for playing.

Am I reading this wrong? :cuckoo:

Oh and dr house, I see you couldn't spin an answer to my question which i am quessing is why you cut it out of my post but here is the part you avoided

your specific situations that "NEED" is still a privilege and can be taken away. What will your volunteer firefighter and country doc do then?? Transportation in case of emergency or medical treatment CAN be a need however that is not what was asked now was it?

dumbass...<facepalm>

So to clarify, what will your country doc and volunteer firefighter do when the NEED of their job to drive a vehicle in order to perform the responsibilities of their job is superseded by the loss of their priviledge to drive a vehicle??
Can you answer or will you avoid it again?

Last edited:

So you admit your error?

I am still waiting on a response to the content of my post that you are trying to avoid by hiding behind your hypocritical rant about making generalizations. Or do you need me to put "many" in front of conservatives before you will respond?? LOL

I'm avoiding nothing... I made a comment about generalizations... If you want to remain an idiot, I really can't stop you...

Your words are there for all to see...

Your words, dumbshit:

I never asked you a question, smitty. :eusa_whistle:

Sure you didn't. LOL you just made a statement as you tried to define how I don't need a car in my world and agreed with me. LOL

In your world a car is not a need, smitty.

If this wasn't supposed to be a question then what was it??

Are you agreeing with me and telling me that a car is not a need in my world?? LOL What was the intent of that response in question form despite the fact that it lacks the proper puncuation?

Your spin is beyond hilarious.

Oh and dr house, I see you couldn't spin an answer to my question which i am quessing is why you cut it out of my post but here is the part you avoided

your specific situations that "NEED" is still a privilege and can be taken away. What will your volunteer firefighter and country doc do then?? Transportation in case of emergency or medical treatment CAN be a need however that is not what was asked now was it?

dumbass...<facepalm>

So to clarify, what will your country doc and volunteer firefighter do when the NEED of their job to drive a vehicle in order to perform the responsibilities of their job is superseded by the loss of their priviledge [sic] to drive a vehicle??
Can you answer or will you avoid it again?

Why did you say what you did?

Talk about simple minded, a car is not a need and neither is transportation

That response did IN NO WAY state you meant only for yourself... Your words are out there in complete and ridiculous glory...

This is a certainty:

The tax will not raise $2.7B. It will deter enough people from using tanning salons to the point where quite a few of them either go out of business, or shorten their service hours and employee levels.

I'm going to start calling you The Projectionist. Always the purveyor of gloom and doom, cup half empty instead of half full. It must suck to be so negative all the time.

It's clear you know as little about me as you do about economics.

But that's hardly a surprise.

So you admit your error?

I'm avoiding nothing... I made a comment about generalizations... If you want to remain an idiot, I really can't stop you...

Your words are there for all to see...

WOW more avoidance, imagine that. Fact is that you made a comment about generalizations that showed you to be a hypocrite as you avoided responding to the content of the post. How about you try responding to the content instead of hiding behind you hypocritial rants about generalizations?? Or that level of honesty too much to ask of you??

Forum List

Back