new shoplifting program angers customers at walmart

Every time I go to Walmart and do the self checkout I see dozens of items being thrown into the carriage that are not being passed over the scanner. I see people walking straight out the door without going anywhere near a register sometimes with full carriages. The truth is they're not really getting away with it because it's all on record and his Walmart uses facial scanning technology that they share with the FBI. After several successful walkouts your face will be on a high priority list and you will be denied entry into the store... And maybe even picked up by the local police who will be alerted to the fact that you are now on the premises.
So you boost some donuts is now a federal crime?

Everything is recorded. if you pass an item over the scanner and it doesn't take and you put it in your carriage anyway they know. You may not get stopped at the door but it is recorded along with your identity and a file begins to build. Truth is I see massive theft every time I go to Walmart so their far from solving the problem. But nobody is really getting away with it because their faces go into a permanent database and if they cause too much financial damage their first arrest might cost them 5 years in prison.
Some wear full-face masks.

i refuse to do self check out...i refuse to make a mistake and called a shoplifter....i do not work for walmart
I rarely do self-checkout because the business doesn't share the improved profits with me. Now if a store gave me a discount of ten percent on my purchases, I'd be a lot more open to self-checkout. Right now, only the business gains from having customers do the work of employees.

Lol....yep.....seen it
I guess I can't blame them especially since the pandemic set the precedent for it. The idea behind the facial recognition technology is that you could get a knock on your door a year later and be arrested for shoplifting. People are under the misconception that once they're off the property they've actually gotten away with it.... It's not true.

I rarely do self-checkout because the business doesn't share the improved profits with me. Now if a store gave me a discount of ten percent on my purchases, I'd be a lot more open to self-checkout. Right now, only the business gains from having customers do the work of employees.
Wow... That is a golden idea

I accidentally tried to pass a fake 20 at a toll booth in West Virginia one time. But I'm so honest I told the guy "here is your money but make sure it's real, I found it on the ground." He did his test with his pen and then told me to pull over on the side of the road, he was calling the state police because the toll booth is run by state police. Turns out it was movie money but very faded because I found it in the pouring down rain in a parking lot. The cop who responded was very nice about it and just told me it was movie money. She could tell I was so in shock she didn't tell me anything other than have a nice day.

I quit going to wally world when they stationed the little nazi at the exit door to stop me and check my receipt, as if I'm some kind of thief or something.

And they don't really check anything anyway, it's just a shit show. lol.

I don't shop anywhere that does that.
I've never been bothered by that. In fact, Walmart rarely checks receipts at the door anymore. I mostly shop at Costco which always checks receipts.

I've never been bothered by that. In fact, Walmart rarely checks receipts at the door anymore. I mostly shop at Costco which always checks receipts.

Yeah, it's a choice I suppose.

For now anyway.

Once the practice is accepted and normalized, it'll likely go on every place people shop.

Same pattern with any other stalking horse, really.

Last edited:
A few months ago I saw a fellow heading straight for the door with a heaping carriage full of beef.....must have been well over 1,500 bucks worth. He went around the register line and headed straight out.... When the Little guy at the door asked for his receipt he just ignored him and kept walking. Nobody did anything, nobody called the police, nobody responded from the store staff.

Hahaha..... Probably not but if you regularly make a $1,000 hit I think you'll get a knock on the door. I've seen a few hits prolly that big.
I can see the locals being informed.....but the FBI are all wrapped up chasing down the right.....LOL

Last edited:
The Walmarts out in the exurbs by me really don't have this problem, unlike the stores located in the inner ring burbs around the Twin Cities.

Walmart recently abandoned a newer store in Brooklyn Center, MN after problems with shoplifters.
Those inner ring stores are dumpy, dirty, and disorganized, and the employees just mill about.
Same here.
There is no problem like that here.

Forum List

Back