new shoplifting program angers customers at walmart

horselightning

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2013

well they can thank thieves for it. people thinking they are intittled to steel caused this.

Nice idea. watch how many now say “just forget it” and leave Walmart to restock it all. UGH! Then i could end up getting used re-frozen ice cream or hot milk re-chilled with dirty hands all over it. Theives hands! ugh!

I quit going to wally world when they stationed the little nazi at the exit door to stop me and check my receipt, as if I'm some kind of thief or something.

And they don't really check anything anyway, it's just a shit show. lol.

I don't shop anywhere that does that.

i refuse to do self check out...i refuse to make a mistake and called a shoplifter....i do not work for walmart
You’re an idiot. Understood. I live at self checkout since it came big under the disastrous yrs of muslim 09-16. Unless big cart of produce…..or its open easier it is self where I am in control somewhat.

I quit going to wally world when they stationed the little nazi at the exit door to stop me and check my receipt, as if I'm some kind of thief or something.

I don't shop anywhere that does that.
I offer my receipt. I want low cost. I dont like thieves pushing carts out full of stolen

i end up paying more because of them!!

i refuse to do self check out...i refuse to make a mistake and called a shoplifter....i do not work for walmart

Same here. I never use those self-checkouts at any store at all.

Except that my main reasoning is I'm not touching those nasty touch screens.

The general public is filthy...

8f9a9368a79dd99a33c49aef9c472e16.jpg

3812a184964947ac2ad3818f03609e32.jpg

holbSj13n-24t5iQ7jciXw2bmEXYSBjQ_AAlFjUsPp4.jpg

Same here. Except my reasoning is I'm not touching those nasty touch screens.

The general public are filthy...

8f9a9368a79dd99a33c49aef9c472e16.jpg

3812a184964947ac2ad3818f03609e32.jpg

holbSj13n-24t5iQ7jciXw2bmEXYSBjQ_AAlFjUsPp4.jpg
You scan items. You touch nothing at Walmart if you dont want have to or to enter produce number. You push a cart around by the handle i bet? Wash hands right after & before if possible. Hand sanitizer.

I can watch prices better. See running total. Bag my way. Pay some cash, some card if need be.
Yes, and I'm pretty good at scanning my items. My first job as a teenager was in 1985 at bilo. Back then we had to enter the price of everything on the register. Scanning wasn't here at the time.

nd
Walmart trying to cut corners by firing staff and pushing self-checkout, loses more due to theft with the self-checkouts.

Derp!
Persactly, and you would think they would have learned their lesson with the "scan and go" program. Hell, for a few months you could pick up a scanner at the front, scan your items as you shopped, and then check out at the front and leave.

Shrink exploded from the getgo. And the program was eliminated within a few months as store after store had terrible inventories. Not like you couldn't see it coming within the first two weeks.

Walmart utilizes a perpetual inventory and an automated replenishment system. When items come in, they are added to the inventory, when they are scanned at the checkout, they are taken off the inventory. When the inventory gets to the reorder point, it is automatically ordered.

Now, Walmart sells ground chuck rolls. One pound, three pound, and five pound rolls. Within two weeks, the five pound rolls were empty in the shelf while there would be multiple cases of one pound rolls in the back. The perpetual inventory would be off by dozens of rolls. Comical when you think about. Customers would scan the one pound roll, take the five pound roll. And this didn't happen a few times a week, it happened dozens of times a week.

The solution is so damn simple, and really inexpensive. RFID tags. Linked credit cards or bank accounts. Come on in, take what you want, put in your buggy or shove it up your ass, doesn't matter. When you walk out the door your bank account is automatically charged. Amazon has been doing it for a couple of years in select locations.

nd

Persactly, and you would think they would have learned their lesson with the "scan and go" program. Hell, for a few months you could pick up a scanner at the front, scan your items as you shopped, and then check out at the front and leave.

Shrink exploded from the getgo. And the program was eliminated within a few months as store after store had terrible inventories. Not like you couldn't see it coming within the first two weeks.

Walmart utilizes a perpetual inventory and an automated replenishment system. When items come in, they are added to the inventory, when they are scanned at the checkout, they are taken off the inventory. When the inventory gets to the reorder point, it is automatically ordered.

Now, Walmart sells ground chuck rolls. One pound, three pound, and five pound rolls. Within two weeks, the five pound rolls were empty in the shelf while there would be multiple cases of one pound rolls in the back. The perpetual inventory would be off by dozens of rolls. Comical when you think about. Customers would scan the one pound roll, take the five pound roll. And this didn't happen a few times a week, it happened dozens of times a week.

The solution is so damn simple, and really inexpensive. RFID tags. Linked credit cards or bank accounts. Come on in, take what you want, put in your buggy or shove it up your ass, doesn't matter. When you walk out the door your bank account is automatically charged. Amazon has been doing it for a couple of years in select locations.
Are you on dope? Whatever proposal you babble ain’t happening overnight in a Multi billion dollar monstrous worldwide retail chain of stores. Bigger Gross revenue than most countries. No on goes to an Amazon store. RFID ain’t free either.
What happened? ALA didn’t cover over ARK?

nd

Bad idea, social credit score cashless bullshit.

Also: Joke's on them, Walmart beef is so crappy it doesn't even taste like beef.

I hope to never buy any ever again. I bought some a couple months ago and made a hamburger

so I'm singin' "Cheeseburger in Paradise", building this burger with melted cheddar and everything except pickle,

get it done, take a bite and....it had no beef taste whatsoever.

I plan to not make that mistake again anytime soon in the near or far future. There's something wrong with that stuff.

I just got some ground beef and made hamburgers yesterday and they were very tasty.

Forum List

Back