New poll shows solid majority of Americans support same-sex marriage

Gallup: Majority Says Obama Not ‘Honest and Trustworthy’

June 12, 2014 - 2:55 PM

I mean, if we are just going with majority opinions...

Yep, so what does it have to do with this thread?

That what a majority believes or feels or thinks won't and shouldn't change anyone's opinion.

If a majority believed the moon was made out of green cheese, that wouldn't make the moon delicious as a melted snack dip...it would just make a majority of people wrong.

If you want to make an argument in favor or against gay marriage...have at it, but making the "everyone else is doing it" argument only convinces the weak minded, like Political Torch.

I could not care less about gay marriage let them get married and be as miserable as straight people lose their home and end up paying alimony and child support out the nose in the divorces that will come with gay marriage. Have at it folks and enjoy.

Last edited:
A new McClatchy-Marist Poll shows opinions towards the LGBT community continue to change for the better at an exponential rate. [link posted above]

From the new poll:

• Adults as a whole support marriage equality 54-38 percent

• Young adults 18-29 favor same-sex marriage by 75-18 percent

• Adults 30-44 favor same-sex marriage 55-38 percent

• Adults 45-59 favor same-sex marriage 49-40

• 71 percent of American adults say they know someone who’s gay. In 1999, a Pew poll showed that 60 percent of Americans said they didn’t know anyone who was gay.

• 48 percent said they wouldn’t be upset if one of their children told them they were gay.
Besides all of the other great groups and the great news, those who are shouting the loudest are in the 18-29 age group. And we have to remember that they are the future of this country. And with their great understanding and acceptance of SSM that can only be a plus for this country and hopefully will have a great Positive impact to override the prejudice and discrimination factor as prejudiced older folks pass-on.

The more hispanic and muslims there are the more likely gays will be killed. Demographics are against gays. The more the demographic changes there are the more likely gays will lose what they gained.

The millennials, which included hispanics and muslims, overwhelmingly NOW support marriage equality.

Bro, you lost, get over it. And if you think the po-lice are going to look away while stoopid fucks shoot gays, you are sillier in the head than you seem on the written page.

The more hispanic and muslims there are the more likely gays will be killed. Demographics are against gays. The more the demographic changes there are the more likely gays will lose what they gained.

Always remember, Liberals are immune to facts and logic. They're focused on feelings and perceptions.

If you think Amsterdam is the gay capital of Europe, you're half-right, but 10 years out of date. Today it's the gay-bashing capital of Europe.

Because Amsterdam isn't just gay. Now it's Muslim, too. A million Moroccans and Turks have immigrated to the Netherlands, and sharia law rules the streets.

If you doubt it, then you haven't been paying attention. Actually, that's not fair. Gay-bashing is front-page news only when it's committed by a straight, white male.

The media is terribly uncomfortable writing about gay-bashing by minorities. It's the same reason why Canadian feminists are so eerily quiet about honour killings of Muslim girls.

According to an "offender study" by the University of Amsterdam, there were 201 reports of anti-gay violence in that city in 2007 - and researchers believe for every reported case there are as many as 25 unreported ones. Two thirds of the predators are Muslim youths.

The violence couldn't be more brazen. It's not in the back alleys in the dark, it's in the heart of the city, often in broad daylight. It's a direct dare to the Dutch government to show who rules the streets.

In 2008, 10 Muslim youths broke into a fashion show, dragged gay model Michael du Pree off the stage and beat him bloody. Last month, several lesbians were hit by beer bottles thrown at their heads as they marched in a parade of thousands to protest violence against gays. There's a gay community centre in Amsterdam - you'd think that would be safe. Wrong. It's a target, with home-invasion style beatings. No one is immune. Last year Hugo Braakhuis, the founder of Amdsterdam's gay pride parade, was attacked.

In 2005, Chris Crain, former editor of America's leading gay magazine, Washington Blade, was swarmed by seven Moroccan youths. "I was really surprised," Crain told reporters at the time. "I felt comfortable because it is San Francisco times 10." Or it used to be.​

In London they are being burned alive in the streets. There is no escape from history.

That what a majority believes or feels or thinks won't and shouldn't change anyone's opinion.

If a majority believed the moon was made out of green cheese, that wouldn't make the moon delicious as a melted snack dip...it would just make a majority of people wrong.

If you want to make an argument in favor or against gay marriage...have at it, but making the "everyone else is doing it" argument only convinces the weak minded, like Political Torch.
Ah, whenever I start hearing those words I Know I am on the right track. Thanks for the confirmation! :D

The millennials, which included hispanics and muslims, overwhelmingly NOW support marriage equality.
Incorrect retard.

Muslims, regardless of age, are vehemently opposed to homo marriage. .. :cool:

Excuse me? Killed? I don't know about Muslims though many say they are in the minority in this country. As for Hispanics, don't kid yourself, they are not against Gays. A vast majority are FOR Gays.

Half of Hispanics Support Marriage Equality, Poll Says | The Bilerico Project

Gay Marriage Poll: More than 50 Percent of Latinos Support Same Sex Marriage - Mic

Latino groups launch groundbreaking gay rights public service campaign. | Freedom to Marry

Congressional Hispanic Caucus Supports LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform | Young People For

Look at it realistically. If hispanics were such staunch supporters of gay rights hispanic countries would already have gay rights and marriage equality. You are relying on what groups that promote gay rights tell you. You are believing your own press. This is the gay echo chamber.

In minority neighborhoods in this country the lives of gays are at risk. It's already started. The demographics are completely against you. We not only have hispanic and muslim immigrants. We have thousands of immigrants from Africa. Take your pick. Immigration or gay rights because you won't get both.

that sword cuts both ways. If a majority of people think same sex marriage should not be legal that really shouldn't matter.

Incorrect retard.

Not all Muslims

Incorrect retard.

They are part of the overwhelming group whether they approve or not.

The few Muslim kids I knew in our school district were supportive of their LGBT friends as they are here.

As Meera told my wife and me, "We love our parents, we live their home, we will obey them. When we leave then we may speak and act as we wish."

You are very dense if you think your young people think like you on this matter.

Last edited:
Excuse me? Killed? I don't know about Muslims though many say they are in the minority in this country. As for Hispanics, don't kid yourself, they are not against Gays. A vast majority are FOR Gays.

Half of Hispanics Support Marriage Equality, Poll Says | The Bilerico Project

Gay Marriage Poll: More than 50 Percent of Latinos Support Same Sex Marriage - Mic

Latino groups launch groundbreaking gay rights public service campaign. | Freedom to Marry

Congressional Hispanic Caucus Supports LGBT-Inclusive Immigration Reform | Young People For

Look at it realistically. If hispanics were such staunch supporters of gay rights hispanic countries would already have gay rights and marriage equality. You are relying on what groups that promote gay rights tell you. You are believing your own press. This is the gay echo chamber.

In minority neighborhoods in this country the lives of gays are at risk. It's already started. The demographics are completely against you. We not only have hispanic and muslim immigrants. We have thousands of immigrants from Africa. Take your pick. Immigration or gay rights because you won't get both.
Many Hispanic and Latino countries do support Gay rights and Marriage Equality.

Spain, Portugal, Argentina, Uruguay, Brazil, and of course France that's also a Latin country and there may be even more as countries start to wake up to the fact that being known as haters is not a way to appear popular to the world. And when you consider the millions of people in all of those countries one can surely admit that support is great or they wouldn't have it.

Those Gay rights groups and websites you criticize certainly do their homework and they do it well because they have to in order to hold their standards high and be recognized as being competitive in the media by rival publications and news sites. You need to also look at the links they provide for further backup of information.

Here's a new one just out.

New CBS News Poll Shows A Majority of Hispanics/Latinos Support Marriage Equality | Human Rights Campaign

And if you think the lives of Gays are at risk in minority neighborhoods why haven't we heard anything about that I would wonder? That would certainly make for very popular news even on Fox News don't you think? As for not having both immigration and Gay rights together, where did you hear that crazy idea? Of course it can be both. It IS both as a matter of fact and without incident.

The OP is just another perverted fudge packer hoping straight people will validate his deviant lifestyle. ... :cuckoo:
Says the guy who's prophet by modern standards is a pedophile, sexist, racist, and war-monger who delighted in mass genocide and massacres. Not that parts of the bible are any better, though at least Jesus was a pacifist.

Before you start accusing entire groups of society of being 'deviants' undeserving of human rights examine your own beliefs before imposing them on others. LGBT people have lower rates of crime and sex crimes than heterosexuals, if anyone is a 'deviant' you are for following a 'sick and twisted'* religion.

Sure in your dreams that you want LGBT people in a gas chamber, a mental asylum or to hack my head off with a sword. But this is America, not a theocracy, so that will never happen.

Call LGBT people deviant and expect them to turn your own logic of LGBT people being morally inferior against you. My ancestors were genocided by so-called 'moral and honourable' Muslims. You have no right to a moral high ground any more than anyone else.

*Since by your logic just a single crime makes an entire group collectively guilty.
Good luck on trying to get Sunni Man to answer you on that!

Gays have one thing on their side. Not one civilization that has ever gone down the path of depravity has ever been able to pull back. The civilization either collapses of its own perversions or is conquered by a more robust people. The rights of perverts has never survived and been passed along as a positive attribute. It always ended and had to repeat the cycle.

QWB just gave the silliest come back of the day.

What a stupid ass comment by him.

If the majority agreed with you, dud, we would sure hear about it.

Did you read your comment?

Feelk free to point out all the times I relied on opinion polls to support my position on anything, even stuff everyone who isn't you agrees with.

Gays have one thing on their side. Not one civilization that has ever gone down the path of depravity has ever been able to pull back. The civilization either collapses of its own perversions or is conquered by a more robust people. The rights of perverts has never survived and been passed along as a positive attribute. It always ended and had to repeat the cycle.
Then there should be little hope for Heterosexuals who commit Abortion as that's a pretty depraved thing to do.

Forum List

Back