New pain meds is helping me

Only on tiny dose of 1 mg and it’s helping me about 20 percent

Has zero side effects

I tried many drugs with zero help such as tramadol and meloxicam

Buprenorphine works
More addictive than heroine and crack cocaine mixed together.
Change your handle to Shakey

Has zero side effects

Buprenorphine works

After over 70 years of living fully if not always wisely, I came to the discovery that I was not indestructible and have had many different pain killers from morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, and, until recently, Buprenorphine.

Buprenorphine was fairly good for moderate pain but after 3 years, I developed a tolerance and am trying different med.s for worsening pain.

Among the negative things I've heard about Buprenorphine is that it is detrimental to your teeth over a period of time.

Good luck,

Over the last 6 or 7 years I've been on some type of heavy duty pain med due to all of my surgeries.
The Wife went to pick up my Scripts the other day and a new pharmacist freaked out when she saw how much morphine I take.
She asked the Wife if we have a Narcan Script just in case.
One of the Pharmacist we use on a regular basis stepped in and told her not to worry because we've been coming in for years to pick up my Morphine.
I dont l know if my body is just different but I dont get a buzz of any kind from morphine.
It helps with the pain and I havent slept this well since my mid 20's. Lower back pain chased me out of bed after 6 or 7 hours every morning.

Over the last 6 or 7 years I've been on some type of heavy duty pain med due to all of my surgeries.
The Wife went to pick up my Scripts the other day and a new pharmacist freaked out when she saw how much morphine I take.
She asked the Wife if we have a Narcan Script just in case.
One of the Pharmacist we use on a regular basis stepped in and told her not to worry because we've been coming in for years to pick up my Morphine.
I dont l know if my body is just different but I dont get a buzz of any kind from morphine.
It helps with the pain and I havent slept this well since my mid 20's. Lower back pain chased me out of bed after 6 or 7 hours every morning.

When I was going to the V.A. for "pain management", they had me on large doses of morphine and oxycodone.
I didn't find out until too late that a former "friend" would come to visit, ask for a glass of water or something and then steal some of my meds while I was out of the room.

Naturally, the Pain Clinic got suspicious after you run out early enough times.

Even though I submitted a police report to the clinic about the theft, they cut off both meds in spite of a heart condition and you can imagine how miserable I was until I found a competent, civilian Dr. who has been great.

My only advice to you would be to keep your pain med.s locked up or hidden somewhere in case a certain type of "friend" drops by and puts you in a similar situation.

Good luck,

When I was going to the V.A. for "pain management", they had me on large doses of morphine and oxycodone.
I didn't find out until too late that a former "friend" would come to visit, ask for a glass of water or something and then steal some of my meds while I was out of the room.

Naturally, the Pain Clinic got suspicious after you run out early enough times.

Even though I submitted a police report to the clinic about the theft, they cut off both meds in spite of a heart condition and you can imagine how miserable I was until I found a competent, civilian Dr. who has been great.

My only advice to you would be to keep your pain med.s locked up or hidden somewhere in case a certain type of "friend" drops by and puts you in a similar situation.

Good luck,

No worries for me in that regard,the Wife picks my morphine up for me and I dont have very many visitors and the ones I do have would never steal my pain meds.
I did get pulled over one day and the cop wanted to know what was in my prescription bottle. I told him the truth and he said why weren't they in a current bottle and why I had three different pills.
I told him that if my pain meds got stolen they wont give me a refile until my next trip to the paing doc and thats assuming they believe me.
I get 2 slow reacting morphine pills and one fast acting along with 2 muscle relaxers a day.
I offered to show him all of my surgery scars but he declined and let me go on with my day.

Has zero side effects

Buprenorphine works
You realize 1mg is completely relative

I am on 2mg which is the starting dose

ITs only about 25 percent helping

I was hoping for 50
My point was don’t think that “only” 1 or 2 mg is a low dose as compared to 325 mg of Tylenol or 10mg of morphine or whatever.

You can’t compare different drugs to one another based on mg

0.2 mg of levothyroxine is a high dose of that medication

Forum List

Back