New Orleans Gone...thank God!

Status
Not open for further replies.
nucular said:
I don't know where you got that idea from unless it is from the time you tried to tell me that I'm an actor!

Cheesehead through and through!

back on topic for "NEW ORLEANS" had enough baiting for one day...so what is your suggestion on solving the decadence in "NEW ORLEANS"??????? :coffee3: :blsmile:

archangel said:
back on topic for "NEW ORLEANS" had enough baiting for one day...so what is your suggestion on solving the decadence in "NEW ORLEANS"??????? :coffee3: :blsmile:

:poke: I said.. Much like you attacked P and I got answering someon ELSES post about food? You woldn't be trying to be a hypocrite now, would you, by going off topic and talking about things like vittles, and ESP, would you?

Shattered said:
:poke: I said.. Much like you attacked P and I got answering someon ELSES post about food? You woldn't be trying to be a hypocrite now, would you, by going off topic and talking about things like vittles, and ESP, would you?

He's going to say no. I know, I'm psychic.

Said1 said:
I was right, you were thinking about food.

Right now, you're thinking about how annoyed you are that this thread keeps getting hijacked. You should be paying me for this!

Pay you for what? So what is your suggestion for solving the fiasco in "New Orleans"...I have a couple of minions figured out in here...they can play all they want...I also asked them for their solutions to the "NEW ORLEANS" problem...they would rather go fishing...go figure! So have you any insight as to why the Mayor of New Orleans wants to go to Las Vegas with his wonderful Police Officers? :cheers2:

archangel said:
Pay you for what? So what is your suggestion for solving the fiasco in "New Orleans"...I have a couple of minions figured out in here...they can play all they want...I also asked them for their solutions to the "NEW ORLEANS" problem...they would rather go fishing...go figure! So have you any insight as to why the Mayor of New Orleans wants to go to Las Vegas with his wonderful Police Officers? :cheers2:

I do believe I was quite specific with my opinions on what should happen to NO in the future.. You still haven't answered my question, however..

archangel said:

I don't know. I've been there plenty of times and I always thought it had a nasty undercurrent. I'm not too surprised to see how the population reacted, seemed like there was always violence simmering under the surface. That doesn't excuse local, state and federal officials for not taking the nature of the population into consideration. They should have known they wouldn't react like the people of Phoenix or Burlington VT.

Maybe they should do something like Ireland did when they exempted writers from income taxes in order to attract writers and stop them from emigrating. Ireland realized that literature was one of their strongest suits. The only good thing about New Orleans is music and food. Offer tax exemptions and other incentives to musicians and chefs and turn it more into a culinary and musical destination. Of course I don't think this is the answer or a panacea, but it could be a small part of the rebuilding plan which would improve the nature of the city.

Said1 said:
He's going to say no. I know, I'm psychic.

Incorrect, ma'am! He's going to pretend the entire conversation never took place!

You're losing your touch.

nucular said:
I don't know. I've been there plenty of times and I always thought it had a nasty undercurrent. I'm not too surprised to see how the population reacted, seemed like there was always violence simmering under the surface. That doesn't excuse local, state and federal officials for not taking the nature of the population into consideration. They should have known they wouldn't react like the people of Phoenix or Burlington VT.

Maybe they should do something like Ireland did when they exempted writers from income taxes in order to attract writers and stop them from emigrating. Ireland realized that literature was one of their strongest suits. The only good thing about New Orleans is music and food. Offer tax exemptions and other incentives to musicians and chefs and turn it more into a culinary and musical destination. Of course I don't think this is the answer or a panacea, but it could be a small part of the rebuilding plan which would improve the nature of the city.

Thats a start in the right direction...thanks for getting back on topic...without the psychic stalking stuff that I have to endure in here! ;)

Shattered said:
I do believe I was quite specific with my opinions on what should happen to NO in the future.. You still haven't answered my question, however..

I was answering her and now you make this silly comment...please explain what is your suggestion minus the sarcasim...what and how you would address the "NEW ORLEANS" fiasco...not the Wisconsin fiasco as you related to! :bow2:

archangel said:
I was answering her and now you make this silly comment...please explain what is your suggestion minus the sarcasim...what and how you would address the "NEW ORLEANS" fiasco...not the Wisconsin fiasco as you related to! :bow2:

Illiterate, too? Go back and read. I clearly stated that NO could be rebuilt. Or.. Just not paying attention to your own thread that you're so desperately trying to keep on track, except when YOU want to stray off topic, which you then attempt to correct by copying/pasting your own posts? :dev1:

Shattered said:
Illiterate, too? Go back and read. I clearly stated that NO could be rebuilt. Or.. Just not paying attention to your own thread that you're so desperately trying to keep on track, except when YOU want to stray off topic, which you then attempt to correct by copying/pasting your own posts? :dev1:
:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: back to the Iggy bin!

archangel said:
:bye1: :bye1: :bye1: :bye1: back to the Iggy bin!

:D:D:D You've just proved my point, hypocrite.

Shoulda bet Said money or Cheezies.

Shattered said:
Hardee's (sans employee hair) would have been good.. Unfortunately, they can't seem to resist giving that little freebie away EVERY time.

Did you get short, curly hairs?

archangel said:
Not wanting or intending to seem callous...maybe this is a blessing in disguise!
I can only hope and pray that New Orleans will rebuild as a productive society vs the old decadent past history...Money should be granted to rebuild this city as a fishing and fuel refineries industrial giant as it should be rather than the decadent and perverted joke it was! Corruption caused this historical city to steadily decline over the last two centuries...maybe... just maybe... they can retake this city and build it into a city to be proud of ...rather than cater to perverted parades and college hot spots to sin!
I really and truly feel sorry for the poor and defranchised of this city for their plight...however God works in mysterious ways...maybe this will be the beginning of something new and bright for the poor!

back on topic...... :read:

archangel said:
back on topic...... :read:

Again.. You're not a Mod.. So far, the only person talking to you is... you. You've called people out on certain things, and not 5 minutes later, committed the same crime. You have no credibility.

archangel said:

Oh puhlleeasse, you knew I was kidding.

I hate to use the "broken window" (as some say "fallacy) but in this case, it's probably what will happen given that their economy has been destroyed. I'm not going to argue that people shouldn't be given money to rebuild, but those who can should re-build elsewhere, if possible in areas that might do better in a Cat 5 storm. Also, some could relocate to other cities or states, if establishing residency is allowed.

I'm all for the areas that draw tourists, espeically since tourism is a big money maker being restored, although other more family oriented attractions could be added as well as what's already existing (or should I say in need of serious restoration).

Those are just a few ideas, do with them what you will. :whip3:

I know that many hate when a thread is locked, but looks like this is where this one is headed.

Back on topic. Ignor those each of you wishes.

Said1 said:
Oh puhlleeasse, you knew I was kidding.

I hate to use the "broken window" (as some say "fallacy) but in this case, it's probably what will happen given that their economy has been destroyed. I'm not going to argue that people shouldn't be given money to rebuild, but those who can should re-build elsewhere, if possible in areas that might do better in a Cat 5 storm. Also, some could relocate to other cities or states, if establishing residency is allowed.

I'm all for the areas that draw tourists, espeically since tourism is a big money maker being restored, although other more family oriented attractions could be added as well as what's already existing (or should I say in need of serious restoration).

Those are just a few ideas, do with them what you will. :whip3:

thats a start in the right direction...and yes I knew 'YOU' were just kidding...
I for one believe the Mayor of New Orleans should be recalled after this fiasco...he just rants and raves and steals from the coffer to please his own agenda...his heart is not in the direction of his electorate...just his personal pleasures! :thup:

archangel said:
thats a start in the right direction...and yes I knew 'YOU' were just kidding...
I for one believe the Mayor of New Orleans should be recalled after this fiasco...he just rants and raves and steals from the coffer to please his own agenda...his heart is not in the direction of his electorate...just his personal pleasures! :thup:

From what I've been reading, the whole subject seems lika a giant un-organized bureaucratic nightmare. Without even addressing catastrophic storms, it's seems as though no one could decide what needed to be retrofitted, added or newly designed. To me, all. the little projects and organizations devoted to restoring the wet lands, levees, dams and "fixing" sediment build up (supposedly fixed) sounded more like a giant cash grab than anything else. It's a real shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back