New Orleans Gone...thank God!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shattered said:
Tell me specifically WHERE I said GOOD people deserve to be punished? You're putting words in my mouth in an attempt to argue. There are plenty of lower income neighborhoods full of good people that actually give a shit about their surroundings, and DO take care of what they DO have, without crying "Foul!" and trying to ruin things for everyone else. Again, those are NOT the people existing in the slums making their living off everyone elses hard work.

Until you've lived pretty much everywhere, you're not going to understand what I'm talking about. Either that, or you'll continue to be obtuse just because it's fun.

New Orleans can be rebuilt.. Properly. With decent safety measures put in place..thus making it "unaffordable" for those that are trouble.
This is the quote by you that I am referring to--I never accused you of wanting to punish good people but you if New Orleans is rebuilt it certainly appears that you want the keep poor people out. I just think that it's unrealistic, discriminatory and most likely illegal.
NOTE----I am referring to a statement, not you personally.

Did you intentionally miss the "to those that are trouble"?

Shattered said:
Did you intentionally miss the "to those that are trouble"?

no--I specifically cited the quote you made that I was responding too.

I give up--you just can't keep this personal crap off of the board or deal with someone who just disagrees with something you post.

Shattered said:
Hey, now.. Popeye's actually has some damned good chicken, and biscuits. :D:D

Cajun and Creole both have some really, really good dishes, and some really, really sucky dishes, IMO, tho...

"POPEYE'S CHICKEN IS THE SHIZ-NIT!"

theim said:
"POPEYE'S CHICKEN IS THE SHIZ-NIT!"

udaman.gif

sitarro said:
slop . . . ?????
Again I must ask sir P., knower of all things worth eating, what do you consider good food?
Red beans and rice? I guess you have spent a lot of time dining at Popeyes.
I like good food, that includes pretty much everything, except snails, lung, tongue, chitlins
or mountain oysters, CREOLE AND CAJUN (cept Read beans and rice or something blackened like a nice piece of snapper). And No, I don't visit popeyes. The best chicken out is Hardies...Duh!!! :)

PS...Screw the French food too..Hummm, there's a connection there, isn't there?LOL

Mr. P said:
I like good food, that includes pretty much everything, except snails, lung, tongue, chitlins
or mountain oysters, CREOLE AND CAJUN (cept Read beans and rice or something blackened like a nice piece of snapper). And No, I don't visit popeyes. The best chicken out is Hardies...Duh!!! :)

PS...Screw the French food too..Hummm, there's a connection there, isn't there?LOL

Hardee's (sans employee hair) would have been good.. Unfortunately, they can't seem to resist giving that little freebie away EVERY time.

archangel said:
"True Grit" is acceptable...however when a city falls into decline and corruption of this magnitude it is best to weed out the problems!
Starting with 'Rayguns' (pun intended) this mayor is a joke...he praises his police force... whom over 1/2 walked off the job at the outset(went awhol) and now he says he believes his courageous troops are stressed out and they and their families should be sent to Las Vegas for R&R...I suppose they stressed out hiding in "Ft Apache" taking care of their own rather then those whom they are sworn to protect! :rolleyes:

poor and overworked police officers to Las Vegas for 5 day vacations...stating they are suffering from physical and emotional stress...good Lord is this Mayor a nut or what?

Here we have US Military troops rotating to this disaster from 12 months or more in Iraq and Afghanistan...ya mean our young troops can take 24/7 for twelve months in a combat zone and still be emotionally and physically sound to respond...while the Mayors police officers are burn't out after just 5-7 days!(of disaster relief)

Also would not this money be better spent on the disaster victims? :spank3:

Please take this chatter to your receipe section...the first cute comments on food were ok...now you two are just hijacking this thread! :2guns:

archangel said:
Please take this chatter to your receipe section...the first cute comments on food were ok...now you two are just hijacking this thread! :2guns:

When a Moderator is ready to step in, they will. When you hold that position, I (we) will probably listen to you.. Oh, and I'd suggest you add Sitarro to your little demand, since he put out a rather well-outlined post on various types of cuisine..

archangel said:
poor and overworked police officers to Las Vegas for 5 day vacations...stating they are suffering from physical and emotional stress...good Lord is this Mayor a nut or what?

Here we have US Military troops rotating to this disaster from 12 months or more in Iraq and Afghanistan...ya mean our young troops can take 24/7 for twelve months in a combat zone and still be emotionally and physically sound to respond...while the Mayors police officers are burn't out after just 5-7 days!(of disaster relief)

What's that saying? "When things get tough, the tough get going".
Or is it, "when things get tough in NO, we get going to Vegas". Cuz, ahhh, hell Biloxi is wiped out.
Geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

edit: bad spellin :)

Shattered said:
When a Moderator is ready to step in, they will. When you hold that position, I (we) will probably listen to you.. Oh, and I'd suggest you add Sitarro to your little demand, since he put out a rather well-outlined post on various types of cuisine..
I'll second that! Bite it Arch!:eek2:

Mr. P said:
What's that saying? "When things get tough, the tough get going".
Or is it, "when things get tough in NO, we get going to Vegas". Cuz, ahhh, hell Biloxi is wiped out.
Geeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzz

edit: bad spellin :)

for going back on topic! :)

archangel said:

BUMP to target topic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back