New Orleans Gone...thank God!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

archangel

Not wanting or intending to seem callous...maybe this is a blessing in disguise!
I can only hope and pray that New Orleans will rebuild as a productive society vs the old decadent past history...Money should be granted to rebuild this city as a fishing and fuel refineries industrial giant as it should be rather than the decadent and perverted joke it was! Corruption caused this historical city to steadily decline over the last two centuries...maybe... just maybe... they can retake this city and build it into a city to be proud of ...rather than cater to perverted parades and college hot spots to sin!
I really and truly feel sorry for the poor and defranchised of this city for their plight...however God works in mysterious ways...maybe this will be the beginning of something new and bright for the poor!

nosarcasm said:
hopefully the hand of God will wipe you out.

Read my handle...fool..."ARCHANGEL" run for the nearest shelter!

nosarcasm said:
I am pulling ranks nevertheless.

Operation compassion, get onto it.

ein feste Burg ist unser Gott!

Compassion is the way of our God...so is spanking!

archangel said:
Not wanting or intending to seem callous...maybe this is a blessing in disguise!
I can only hope and pray that New Orleans will rebuild as a productive society vs the old decadent past history...Money should be granted to rebuild this city as a fishing and fuel refineries industrial giant as it should be rather than the decadent and perverted joke it was! Corruption caused this historical city to steadily decline over the last two centuries...maybe... just maybe... they can retake this city and build it into a city to be proud of ...rather than cater to perverted parades and college hot spots to sin!
I really and truly feel sorry for the poor and defranchised of this city for their plight...however God works in mysterious ways...maybe this will be the beginning of something new and bright for the poor!

If nothing else you are off base simply because as the birthplace of jazz New Orleans has given the world one of the greatest things America has to offer. Think about it.

Not to mention the food.

:sausage:

nucular said:
If nothing else you are off base simply because as the birthplace of jazz New Orleans has given the world one of the greatest things America has to offer. Think about it.

Not to mention the food.

:sausage:

not offbase...ya mean one cannot have jazz and great food without drugs,corruption,prostitution and perverted parades?Think about it! :halo:

archangel said:
not offbase...ya mean one cannot have jazz and great food without drugs,corruption,prostitution and perverted parades?Think about it! :halo:

Well, hopefully it's better if they rebuild it, but every city needs a certain amount of grit. Even Salt Lake City has a seamy side. Theocracy is BORING.

nucular said:
Well, hopefully it's better if they rebuild it, but every city needs a certain amount of grit. Even Salt Lake City has a seamy side. Theocracy is BORING.

I'm finding myself simply not caring what they do with it and it's not up to me anyway. It would be nice if billions of taxpayers money wasn't wasted by making stupid decisions but that's WAY to much to expect.

nucular said:

"True Grit" is acceptable...however when a city falls into decline and corruption of this magnitude it is best to weed out the problems!
Starting with 'Rayguns' (pun intended) this mayor is a joke...he praises his police force... whom over 1/2 walked off the job at the outset(went awhol) and now he says he believes his courageous troops are stressed out and they and their families should be sent to Las Vegas for R&R...I suppose they stressed out hiding in "Ft Apache" taking care of their own rather then those whom they are sworn to protect! :rolleyes:

archangel said:
"True Grit" is acceptable...however when a city falls into decline and corruption of this magnitude it is best to weed out the problems!
Starting with 'Rayguns' (pun intended) this mayor is a joke...he praises his police force... whom over 1/2 walked off the job at the outset(went awhol) and now he says he believes his courageous troops are stressed out and they and their families should be sent to Las Vegas for R&R...I suppose they stressed out hiding in "Ft Apache" taking care of their own rather then those whom they are sworn to protect! :rolleyes:

Walked off the job and joined the looters----they need a vacation alright--in prison.

New Orleans can be rebuilt.. Properly. With decent safety measures put in place..thus making it "unaffordable" for those that are trouble.

Shattered said:
New Orleans can be rebuilt.. Properly. With decent safety measures put in place..thus making it "unaffordable" for those that are trouble.

I imagine that using federal funds to make New Orleans to expensive for troublemakers would also be against federal law.

dilloduck said:
I imagine that using federal funds to make New Orleans to expensive for troublemakers would also be against federal law.

Nonsense. The money used for rebuilding has to be recouped *somehow*.

By whatever means necessary.

Example: They're building up the city surrounding my neighborhood. Eventually, the slumlord apartment building owners are going to be forced into upgrading their building to stay within community standards.. At that point, they're forced to raise the rents to cover the cost of the repairs.. Those sitting back and collecting off the government will no longer be able to afford the rent, thus being forced to move.

Shattered said:
By whatever means necessary.

Example: They're building up the city surrounding my neighborhood. Eventually, the slumlord apartment building owners are going to be forced into upgrading their building to stay within community standards.. At that point, they're forced to raise the rents to cover the cost of the repairs.. Those sitting back and collecting off the government will no longer be able to afford the rent, thus being forced to move.

I really don't think you can put up a sign that says " No poor people allowed ".
Besides--doesn't this just force poor people to move into someone elses' neighborhood?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back