New Orleans Gone...thank God!

Status
Not open for further replies.
dilloduck said:
I really don't think you can put up a sign that says " No poor people allowed ".
Besides--doesn't this just force poor people to move into someone elses' neighborhood?

Where's the sign? And where's the fault in my outline? It's happening right before my (and others) very eyes. By the end of the year, the slummy apartments in the middle of my city will either be upgraded, or they will be gone. I'm good with that. :)

dilloduck said:
I really don't think you can put up a sign that says " No poor people allowed ".
Besides--doesn't this just force poor people to move into someone elses' neighborhood?

Please send them to Wisconsin...not Nevada...we have our fair share to help!

archangel said:
Please send them to Wisconsin...not Nevada...we have our fair share to help!

It's your bright idea to not rebuild New Orleans at all.. So, where do YOU recommend they end up? Seriously. All smartassed replies aside.. What do you think should happen to NE, if not rebuilding? And if rebuilding, don't you think it should be made *better*?

Shattered said:
It's your bright idea to not rebuild New Orleans at all.. So, where do YOU recommend they end up? Seriously. All smartassed replies aside.. What do you think should happen to NE, if not rebuilding? And if rebuilding, don't you think it should be made *better*?

If you read my original thread as started...I stated 'NO' should be rebuilt as a Industrial city with class and jobs vs the old perversion! :huh:

Shattered said:
Where's the sign? And where's the fault in my outline? It's happening right before my (and others) very eyes. By the end of the year, the slummy apartments in the middle of my city will either be upgraded, or they will be gone. I'm good with that. :)

Cool---your town will have all nice people who aren't poor and don't cause any trouble by simply upgrading a builing and tearing down all the ghettos.
I really don't think the problem can be resolved as simply as that or it would have been done already. You make it sound as if poor people are the ones who cause trouble.

dilloduck said:
Cool---your town will have all nice people who aren't poor and don't cause any trouble by simply upgrading a builing and tearing down all the ghettos.
I really don't think the problem can be resolved as simply as that or it would have been done already. You make it sound as if poor people are the ones who cause trouble.

It's being done now. Here.

You mean to tell me all the people that stayed in NE, refused to leave, looted, fired at helicopters,, started raping people, etc. are some of the city's richer/harder working folk? I seriously doubt that.

Shattered said:
It's being done now. Here.

You mean to tell me all the people that stayed in NE, refused to leave, looted, fired at helicopters,, started raping people, etc. are some of the city's richer/harder working folk? I seriously doubt that.

Great--I'm glad you're pushing all the poor people out of your town so all you rich hard working folks can be happy.
All i'm saying is that not ALL poor people are troublemakers or dependent on the government. Many of them work as teachers, nurses, policemen etc. Will they be able to afford to live in your town too?

dilloduck said:
Great--I'm glad you're pushing all the poor people out of your town so all you rich hard working folks can be happy.
All i'm saying is that not ALL poor people are troublemakers or dependent on the government. Many of them work as teachers, nurses, policemen etc. Will they be able to afford to live in your town too?

Yes. There are quite a few of them. I'm referring to the slums. There's a difference.

Hard working folks deserve to be happy, and should not have to worry about scum coming and taking what they work for away.

Shattered said:
Yes. There are quite a few of them. I'm referring to the slums. There's a difference.

Hard working folks deserve to be happy, and should not have to worry about scum coming and taking what they work for away.

Poor people are scum?---What are you calling a slum---a place where the housing is cheap enough that a lot of poor people end up living there?

dilloduck said:
Poor people are scum?---What are you calling a slum---a place where the housing is cheap enough that a lot of poor people end up living there?

Cars being broken in to, drug parties in the parking lot, people being attacked as they're walking past, etc. These people need to go.

I can't possibly believe you don't know the definition of scum, and just feel like playing devil's advocate.. so I'll trust you're looking for yet another fight, and I'll bow out.

IF you actually have a job, and IF you actually bust your ass to make a living for yourself, and you're fine with people taking that away from you, more power to you. I'm not.

Ciao.

Mr. P said:
The food sucks!! It always has..Some people will eat shit though.

You have stated before that your "master" palate doesn't get Cajun food, what style of cooking does it like? Cajun style cooking is very diverse and to denigrate the entire menu is just a little ignorant at best. Oh and by the way, putting chili pepper on something doesn't make it Cajun...I would venture to say that either you have never had any real Cajun food or you have a whimpy palate/lower intestinal track that can't handle decent seasoning, too bad for you P. The stuff that was found in New Orleans was generally Creole style, very different, not a big fan of that tomato base. :poke:

Abbey Normal said:
Sitarro, can you give us a couple of well-known examples of each style- Cajun and Creole, to highlight how different they are?

Well Abbey, I'm no expert on Creole but what I have noticed is that they don't base their dishes on roux as much as Cajun, they tend to use much more tomatoes in recipes also.There are a lot of similarities but the addition of tomatoes is a huge difference. The tomatoe flavors are much more predominate. This guy below seems to explain it better although his name is definitely Cajun..

Crawfish Etoufee is Cajun and Crawfish Bisque is more Creole. I'll ask my 82 year old mother for a better explanation, she has been cooking since she was 7 years old..

http://www.gumbopages.com/food/about-food.html
THE CREOLE AND CAJUN COOKING OF LOUISIANA

by Malcolm Hébert
"What is the difference between Creole and Cajun cooking? Most Louisiana chroniclers claim the answer is simple. Many Creoles were rich planters and their kitchens aspired to grande cuisine. Their recipes came from France or Spain as did their chefs. By using classic French techniques with local foodstuffs, they created a whole new cuisine, Creole cooking.

On the other hand, the Acadians, pronounced <uh-CADE-ee-uns>, later contracted to Cajun, were a tough people used to living under strenuous conditions. They tended to serve strong country food prepared from locally available ingredients. It was pungent, peppery and practical since it was all cooked in a single pot. Thus Cajun cuisine was born.

While both cuisines are distinct, there are cross references. Rice is a staple of both and Creole and Cajun chefs usually start dish by making a roux of oil and flour. In addition, there are many common ingredients such as crab, river shrimp, lake shrimp, oysters, crawfish, freshwater and saltwater fish, plus squirrels, wild turkeys, ducks, frogs, turtles, pork, homemade sausages, beans of all kinds, tomatoes, okra, yams, pecans, oranges and wines, liqueurs and brandy."

sitarro said:
You have stated before that your "master" palate doesn't get Cajun food, what style of cooking does it like? Cajun style cooking is very diverse and to denigrate the entire menu is just a little ignorant at best. Oh and by the way, putting chili pepper on something doesn't make it Cajun...I would venture to say that either you have never had any real Cajun food or you have a whimpy palate/lower intestinal track that can't handle decent seasoning, too bad for you P. The stuff that was found in New Orleans was generally Creole style, very different, not a big fan of that tomato base. :poke:
Hey I like Red Beans & Rice with some good andouille Sausage, Does that count?
And for the record I've spent way to much time in south La. So yeah I've eaten the slop. Not being able to differentiate between good food and slop is ignorant.

Mr. P said:
Hey I like Red Beans & Rice with some good andouille Sausage, Does that count?
And for the record I've spent way to much time in south La. So yeah I've eaten the slop. Not being able to differentiate between good food and slop is ignorant.

slop . . . ?????
Again I must ask sir P., knower of all things worth eating, what do you consider good food?
Red beans and rice? I guess you have spent a lot of time dining at Popeyes.

Shattered said:
Cars being broken in to, drug parties in the parking lot, people being attacked as they're walking past, etc. These people need to go.

I can't possibly believe you don't know the definition of scum, and just feel like playing devil's advocate.. so I'll trust you're looking for yet another fight, and I'll bow out.

IF you actually have a job, and IF you actually bust your ass to make a living for yourself, and you're fine with people taking that away from you, more power to you. I'm not.

Ciao.

Criminal acts should be punished but the mere fact that you are financially poor does not mean you deserve to be punished. Some of the nicest people I know just barely make it from one month to the next and don't believe that material possesions make a person any better.
Jimmy has made is very clear that we should not attack each other and I'm not posting to just piss you off. I'm am ONLY addressing the TOPIC here.
I have yahoo and MSN if you want to take our personal silliness elsewhere.
You can't make a post and expect everyone to agree with it. I take my hits like everyone else does here.

sitarro said:
slop . . . ?????
Again I must ask sir P., knower of all things worth eating, what do you consider good food?
Red beans and rice? I guess you have spent a lot of time dining at Popeyes.

Hey, now.. Popeye's actually has some damned good chicken, and biscuits. :D:D

Cajun and Creole both have some really, really good dishes, and some really, really sucky dishes, IMO, tho...

dilloduck said:
Criminal acts should be punished but the mere fact that you are financially poor does not mean you deserve to be punished. Some of the nicest people I know just barely make it from one month to the next and don't believe that material possesions make a person any better.
Jimmy has made is very clear that we should not attack each other and I'm not posting to just piss you off. I'm am ONLY addressing the TOPIC here.
I have yahoo and MSN if you want to take our personal silliness elsewhere.
You can't make a post and expect everyone to agree with it. I take my hits like everyone else does here.

Tell me specifically WHERE I said GOOD people deserve to be punished? You're putting words in my mouth in an attempt to argue. There are plenty of lower income neighborhoods full of good people that actually give a shit about their surroundings, and DO take care of what they DO have, without crying "Foul!" and trying to ruin things for everyone else. Again, those are NOT the people existing in the slums making their living off everyone elses hard work.

Until you've lived pretty much everywhere, you're not going to understand what I'm talking about. Either that, or you'll continue to be obtuse just because it's fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back