New NRA Talking Point: Banning Assault Weapons Is Just Like Racial Discrimination

I want to be a fly on the wall in an NRA meeting when they come up with these whoppers.

They must laugh at their own membership.

Well, you do appear to have the intellectual capacity of an insect so, you're half way there. :clap2:

Whoa, what an intelligent response. How could I have ever doubted your qualifications to come into one of my threads a speak.

In other words.... STFU and get lost.

Come back when you finish high school.

You walked into that one bud. But I'll tell you what...though I SERIOUSLY doubt you will actually address a direct question, let's give you one more chance. Let's just see if you're capable of an intelligent response or if you're just a troll...or an insect. Okay, here goes...

Please explain why you would advocate bans of firearms or accessories when we know such measures will not deter criminals from obtaining those items, thereby putting law abiding citizens at a disadvantage when facing armed thugs? Stated differently, why would you want enact laws that give an edge to criminals who could care less about your regulations?

The floor is yours.

Well, you do appear to have the intellectual capacity of an insect so, you're half way there. :clap2:

Whoa, what an intelligent response. How could I have ever doubted your qualifications to come into one of my threads a speak.

In other words.... STFU and get lost.

Come back when you finish high school.

You walked into that one bud. But I'll tell you what...though I SERIOUSLY doubt you will actually address a direct question, let's give you one more chance. Let's just see if you're capable of an intelligent response or if you're just a troll...or an insect. Okay, here goes...

Please explain why you would advocate bans of firearms or accessories when we know such measures will not deter criminals from obtaining those items, thereby putting law abiding citizens at a disadvantage when facing armed thugs? Stated differently, why would you want enact laws that give an edge to criminals who could care less about your regulations?

The floor is yours.

Well?

There just are no words.... because there is no logic.

Military style weapons do not have to owned by the average person. Period.

But it is logical to put law abiding citizens at a disadvantage when facing armed criminals and crazy motherfuckers that couldn't care less about your regulations?

That's not logical, it's insane.

Your laws cannot un-invent firearms and their accessories. They cannot prevent or even deter criminals from acquiring them. We don't take away cars away from good drivers because somebody decided to run over some school kids, so please, stop fucking with people that haven't hurt anyone because someone else did.

that's not really true, is it?

i mean say tomorrow you were to outlaw the sale and manufacturing of ipads.

sure, there would still be ipadss out there. some would go on the black market, some would be stored away, some would be destroyed. and as time went on they would become harder and harder to get, harder and harder to repair, and eventually they would drop - or nearly drop - out of circulation entirely all on their own.

now imagine if there were an effort to buy them back or collect them in some way.

just because you can't un-invent something doesn't mean you can't effectively take it out of the market.

New NRA Talking Point: Banning Assault Weapons Is Just Like Racial Discrimination

Former National Rifle Association president Marion Hammer compared a proposal by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) to ban assault weapons to racial discrimination. According to Hammer, "banning people and things because of the way they look went out a long time ago. But here they are again. The color of a gun. The way it looks. It's just bad politics."

Hammer's comparison came during a discussion on NRA News about Sen. Feinstein's plans to introduce legislation to ban assault weapons during the new Congress. Hammer warned that the United States government could engage in firearm confiscation "in order to control the masses."

Corporations aren't people, and neither are inanimate objects, so therefore "racism" cannot be applied.

As far as what is a "military style" weapon? Any weapon that is capable of laying down withering cover fire (i.e. throwing more than 15 rounds downrange before reloading).

The only time you need high round magazines and semi automatic firepower (just pulling the trigger) is in a war zone where you need to keep the bad guys at bay.

A hunting rifle, by my definition, is any rifle that can be used to hunt, but still has a bolt action. Why? Bolt action rifles are more accurate than semi automatics (the military uses bolt action rifles for their snipers), and in hunting, accuracy is important.

My personal opinion? Keep your bolt action rifles, but leave the semi automatics with high round magazines out of the hands of the general public. Semi autos with high round magazines are designed to be used in war zones.

But it is logical to put law abiding citizens at a disadvantage when facing armed criminals and crazy motherfuckers that couldn't care less about your regulations?

Your laws cannot un-invent firearms and their accessories. They cannot prevent or even deter criminals from acquiring them. We don't take away cars away from good drivers because somebody decided to run over some school kids, so please, stop fucking with people that haven't hurt anyone because someone else did.

sure, there would still be ipadss out there. some would go on the black market, some would be stored away, some would be destroyed. and as time went on they would become harder and harder to get, harder and harder to repair, and eventually they would drop - or nearly drop - out of circulation entirely all on their own.

now imagine if there were an effort to buy them back or collect them in some way.

just because you can't un-invent something doesn't mean you can't effectively take it out of the market.

Okay, now let's deal with the real world. The point isn't not to take anything out of the market. The point is to stop criminals and crazy motherfuckers from using firearms in the commission of their crimes. So, please point to an example in which removing firearms from the market was effective.

Okay, now let's deal with the real world. The point isn't not to take anything out of the market. The point is to stop criminals and crazy motherfuckers from using firearms in the commission of their crimes. So, please point to an example in which removing firearms from the market was effective.

that's just it - were you to make them illegal, ban the sale and manufacture, stick to it, and say aggressively or even passively give out incentives to turn in and destroy certain weapons you can bet that soon those weapons will effectively disappear from the marketplace.

true, there may be a few crazies out there with them, but the general public - including the general criminal public - will have lost access.

I want to be a fly on the wall in an NRA meeting when they come up with these whoppers.

Actually, these deep-seated desires to monitor and control gun owners because of the actions of a few are no different than the deep-seated desires of bigots to monitor and control all Muslims because of the actions of a few.

No difference. They are both equally hazardous to our liberty.

It's a shame your perception filter is so one-way as to not see that.

Just look how bigots like to quote "radical Muslims" as justification that all Muslims secretly harbor a desire to destroy us. Then look at how gun control freaks quote colorful characters like Ted Nugent to justify their condescension toward all gun owners.

There is no difference between totalitarian mindsets except the flavors.

Last edited:

that's just it - were you to make them illegal, ban the sale and manufacture, stick to it, and say aggressively or even passively give out incentives to turn in and destroy certain weapons you can bet that soon those weapons will effectively disappear from the marketplace.

Then you shouldn't have trouble citing an example of where this tact was used and resulted in less violent crime. Or are we just talking about what you think might happen if only everyone followed your lead?

true, there may be a few crazies out there with them, but the general public - including the general criminal public - will have lost access.

Again, please provide historical evidence that indicates anyone other than law abiding citizens would lose access.

you can repair and manufacture gun parts in a home machine shop.

You can also manufacture ammo.

Former National Rifle Association president Marion Hammer compared a proposal by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) to ban assault weapons to racial discrimination. According to Hammer, "banning people and things because of the way they look went out a long time ago. But here they are again. The color of a gun. The way it looks. It's just bad politics."

Hammer's comparison came during a discussion on NRA News about Sen. Feinstein's plans to introduce legislation to ban assault weapons during the new Congress. Hammer warned that the United States government could engage in firearm confiscation "in order to control the masses."

We need to just let these morons at the NRA continue to speak anywhere and everywhere. They come up with the silliest stuff, I mean really.

:rolleyes:

and a penis to match

Fleas have the largest penis in proportion to body size on the planet.

Just thought I'd put that out there...

"Hung like a flea" just doesn't have quite the right cachet, though.

Most people don't have the skill to make something on a metal lathe, and making a functioning weapon is a lot more involved than simply turning a barrel and drilling it out.

And.........yeah, you CAN reload your brass and assemble more ammo, but again, it takes time and skill, as well as can be pretty dangerous. How do I know about reloading ammo? Because as a kid, I lived with my Uncle Bill and Aunt Sandy for a couple of years after my mother died, and right around the month before hunting season came around, the whole family would sit and reload ammo. The only 2 people who were allowed to handle the gunpowder and firing pins were my Uncle Bill and my cousin Pat.

We need to just let these morons at the NRA continue to speak anywhere and everywhere. They come up with the silliest stuff, I mean really.

:rolleyes:

last time I went to the gun store they were sold out of guided missile cruisers and nuclear submarines.

I had to settle for an an attack destroyer.

Most people don't have the skill to make something on a metal lathe, and making a functioning weapon is a lot more involved than simply turning a barrel and drilling it out.

And.........yeah, you CAN reload your brass and assemble more ammo, but again, it takes time and skill, as well as can be pretty dangerous. How do I know about reloading ammo? Because as a kid, I lived with my Uncle Bill and Aunt Sandy for a couple of years after my mother died, and right around the month before hunting season came around, the whole family would sit and reload ammo. The only 2 people who were allowed to handle the gunpowder and firing pins were my Uncle Bill and my cousin Pat.

firing pins?

BTW

I know a guy that has done everything you mention.

I'm certain he is not the only one.

Forum List

Back