Illinois Becomes Latest US State To Ban Assault Weapons

Liberal states need to give up their guns and 2a rights. They need to be led by the nose and told what to do. Probably a good thing. I won't ever be moving to a lib state.
Thanks. #MeToo 😆

And I ALSO refuse to buy things from those states. I already won't buy things on eBay that are located in lib states. If you live in a lib state, you won't be getting MY money. Better tell blue state dictators to change their tune.

It is a terrible law.

However, they do allow grandfathering of existing firearms if they are registered.

That is bad enough but they have also prohibited the sale of replacement/repair parts.

This is a great example of why we can't trust Libtards to ever be reasonable.

What the Libtard shitheads think is reasonable gun control laws ain't.

Nine states as well as D.C. now prohibit the sale or possession of assault weapons. Illinois joins California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York.

Just hours after the legislation's passage in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly, Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed the "Protect Illinois Communities Act" into law during a ceremony at the State Capitol in Springfield. Supporters, some of whom were gun violence survivors, erupted with applause and cheers as the governor presented the signed document.

The new law bans assault weapons, including some semiautomatic firearms, along with high-capacity magazines and rapid-firing devices.

[snip]

According to the Illinois State Rifle Association, the ban affects nearly 2.5 million legal firearm owners in the state.

"Challenge accepted," ISRA executive director Richard A Pearson said in a statement Tuesday, in response to the ban. "The Illinois State Rifle Association will see the State of Illinois in court."

If you are curious to know the specific weapons banned, go here: These are the guns and attachments affected by the assault weapon ban in Illinois

The law will allow gun owners to keep the guns they have now, but will require them to register them with the state.

A good analysis of this unConstitutional act....

The red lights are flashing. Any patriot who has not made the appropriate purchase -- borrowing money to do so if necessary -- is a fool. We're talking $700!

More than a dozen county LE agencies have already said they will not enforce the law. Not that it will pass a court test.

Also, the new law requires any gun owned that is not registered to be registered. Damn, too bad I lost all mine in a hunting accident.
No new assault weapons will be sold in those counties.

Federally licensed firearm dealers are not going to violate state law, risk their businesses, and invite legal jeopardy by illegally selling assault weapons – consequently there’s nothing for LEO to ‘enforce.’

Moreover, current owners of assault weapons have until next year to register their weapons – again, nothing for LEO to ‘enforce.’

Second Amendment ‘sanctuary’ is ignorant, stupid nonsense, nothing but meritless political theater.

The red lights are flashing. Any patriot who has not made the appropriate purchase -- borrowing money to do so if necessary -- is a fool. We're talking $700!
And of course the usual demagoguery and lies from the dishonest right.

There are no ‘red lights,’ ‘flashing’ or otherwise.

This 'ban' will be eventually struck down with other states' AWBs in the coming years, likely soon.

America is not a majority-conservative country, nor a majority-liberal/progressive country. It's about 1/3 for each side, with another third in the middle, which sways back and forth.

How exactly it sways depends on events, events which are unpredictable.

It's possible that Biden will make some terrible screw-ups, but choose to run again. It's possible that the people pushing for the sexualization of children will go full steam ahead. It's possible that the 'woke' destruction of our military will carry on, that there will be some terrible consequences of this for all to see.

It's possible that antiFa will kill a Republican grandmother at a rally, and that BLM will riot after a Black criminal loses a shoot-out with the police.

It's possible that at the same time, the angels carry Mr Trump off to Jesus, and Mr DeSantis becomes the Republican standard-bearer.

All these things are possible, and if enough of them, or their equivalents happen, the middle third will be pushed Right, and we'll win the elections, national and state and local, in 2024. Then gun laws will not be such a threat.

On the other hand, we can easily imagine a sequence of events that have the exact opposite effect, pushing that middle third to the Left, with a sweeping Leftwing victory in 2024. No one knows.

Prudent patriots will do worst-case-analysis, and make sensible precautionary actions. In particular, if you intend to become an owner of America's favorite rifle, now is the time to do so.

No one knows the future.

Meh. No interest in an AR.

Nine states as well as D.C. now prohibit the sale or possession of assault weapons. Illinois joins California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York.

Just hours after the legislation's passage in both chambers of the Illinois General Assembly, Gov. J.B. Pritzker signed the "Protect Illinois Communities Act" into law during a ceremony at the State Capitol in Springfield. Supporters, some of whom were gun violence survivors, erupted with applause and cheers as the governor presented the signed document.

The new law bans assault weapons, including some semiautomatic firearms, along with high-capacity magazines and rapid-firing devices.

[snip]

According to the Illinois State Rifle Association, the ban affects nearly 2.5 million legal firearm owners in the state.

"Challenge accepted," ISRA executive director Richard A Pearson said in a statement Tuesday, in response to the ban. "The Illinois State Rifle Association will see the State of Illinois in court."

If you are curious to know the specific weapons banned, go here: These are the guns and attachments affected by the assault weapon ban in Illinois

The law will allow gun owners to keep the guns they have now, but will require them to register them with the state.
The wording is assault “weapons”

Does that include assault knives?

Or assault automobiles?

Meh. No interest in an AR.
Well, everyone to his own taste. But there is a lot to be said for standardization, especially in a serious, prolonged conflict. I know what you mean ... I was sorry to exchange an M-14 for an M-16 fifty years ago, because the former looked like a real rifle and the 16 looked like a Mattel toy.

But we have to think about what an organization of prepared patriots should standardize on, and, like it or not, the AR is "America's Rifle".

The wording is assault “weapons”

Does that include assault knives?

Or assault automobiles?
I bet in your head you thought you were being clever.

I provided a link to the list of weapons Illinois has banned.

"This is my weapon, this is my gun!"
I saw the crazy lib media pushing the made-for-tv “assault pistol” label

They are the ones being clever

So if you dont like my take then bash them too

pinocchio-nose.gif

I saw the crazy lib media pushing the made-for-tv “assault pistol” label

They are the ones being clever

So if you dont like my take then bash them too
If you look at the link I provided, there are certain semi-automatic pistols on the list of banned weapons in Illinois.

Forum List

Back