New NRA Talking Point: Banning Assault Weapons Is Just Like Racial Discrimination

that's not really true, is it?

i mean say tomorrow you were to outlaw the sale and manufacturing of ipads.

sure, there would still be ipadss out there. some would go on the black market, some would be stored away, some would be destroyed. and as time went on they would become harder and harder to get, harder and harder to repair, and eventually they would drop - or nearly drop - out of circulation entirely all on their own.

now imagine if there were an effort to buy them back or collect them in some way.

just because you can't un-invent something doesn't mean you can't effectively take it out of the market.

you can repair and manufacture gun parts in a home machine shop.

You can also manufacture ammo.

Most people don't have the skill to make something on a metal lathe, and making a functioning weapon is a lot more involved than simply turning a barrel and drilling it out.

And.........yeah, you CAN reload your brass and assemble more ammo, but again, it takes time and skill, as well as can be pretty dangerous.

I've hand loaded literally hundreds of thousands of rounds. It's not difficult nor really dangerous...unless you need to smoke while doing I suppose!

The point is we could NEVER effectively ban ammunition, firearms, or their accessories. We could put law abiding citizens at a disadvantage, sure. We could kick start a huge black market for sure. But we could never get criminals to obey the law. It's what they do.

Since when do liberals care about the children? I'd like to see their reaction if abortions were being taken away.

Most people don't have the skill to make something on a metal lathe, and making a functioning weapon is a lot more involved than simply turning a barrel and drilling it out.

And.........yeah, you CAN reload your brass and assemble more ammo, but again, it takes time and skill, as well as can be pretty dangerous. How do I know about reloading ammo? Because as a kid, I lived with my Uncle Bill and Aunt Sandy for a couple of years after my mother died, and right around the month before hunting season came around, the whole family would sit and reload ammo. The only 2 people who were allowed to handle the gunpowder and firing pins were my Uncle Bill and my cousin Pat.

firing pins?

BTW

I know a guy that has done everything you mention.

I'm certain he is not the only one.

Quick question....................do YOU have the skill to make a gun on a metal lathe?

Knowing someone who can do that isn't the same as being able to do it yourself. I know someone who is capable of writing very complex computer programs, but very few people that I know have the kind of skill he has.

But then again.....................he used to work as a computer tech for the Navy and later was a consultant/tech for the DOD.

And.........yeah, you CAN reload your brass and assemble more ammo, but again, it takes time and skill, as well as can be pretty dangerous.

I've hand loaded literally hundreds of thousands of rounds. It's not difficult nor really dangerous...unless you need to smoke while doing I suppose!

The point is we could NEVER effectively ban ammunition, firearms, or their accessories. We could put law abiding citizens at a disadvantage, sure. We could kick start a huge black market for sure. But we could never get criminals to obey the law. It's what they do.

It may not be difficult, but it can definitely be dangerous if you don't take time to make sure that there are no objects that could cause a spark by accident. My Uncle Bill made sure to reload all his ammo on rubber mats.

New NRA Talking Point: Banning Assault Weapons Is Just Like Racial Discrimination

Former National Rifle Association president Marion Hammer compared a proposal by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) to ban assault weapons to racial discrimination. According to Hammer, "banning people and things because of the way they look went out a long time ago. But here they are again. The color of a gun. The way it looks. It's just bad politics."

Hammer's comparison came during a discussion on NRA News about Sen. Feinstein's plans to introduce legislation to ban assault weapons during the new Congress. Hammer warned that the United States government could engage in firearm confiscation "in order to control the masses."

There just are no words.... because there is no logic.

Military style weapons do not have to owned by the average person. Period.

LOL. So saying something is okay for some people but not for others isn't somewhat similar to saying something is okay for whites but not for blacks?

Makes sense.

Former National Rifle Association president Marion Hammer compared a proposal by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) to ban assault weapons to racial discrimination. According to Hammer, "banning people and things because of the way they look went out a long time ago. But here they are again. The color of a gun. The way it looks. It's just bad politics."

Hammer's comparison came during a discussion on NRA News about Sen. Feinstein's plans to introduce legislation to ban assault weapons during the new Congress. Hammer warned that the United States government could engage in firearm confiscation "in order to control the masses."

LOL. So saying something is okay for some people but not for others isn't somewhat similar to saying something is okay for whites but not for blacks?

Makes sense.

Not even close. Military style weapons should be used by those who are actively participating in the military, because (1) they've been trained, and (2) they need those type of weapons to effectively defend this country.

Civilians who just wanna play Rambo? Definitely not. They don't really need them.

Makes sense.

Not even close. Military style weapons should be used by those who are actively participating in the military, because (1) they've been trained, and (2) they need those type of weapons to effectively defend this country.

Civilians who just wanna play Rambo? Definitely not. They don't really need them.

Oh it's about needs? i didn't know black people NEED to drink from my water fountain?

The bottom line is you are giving some people more freedom than others.

People need to quit forcing their ideals on others. Let people live their lives the way they choose and if they do something horrible like kill people then they are punished. You don't create your society based on the actions of an extremely small minority that acts insane.

Makes me fucking sick how people are so hungry to just give up their freedoms.

The absolute ultimate irony of the whole gun control debate is that the pro-gun control people want to have the government round up and control all the guns. hey, news flash, the government kills innocent civilians about 10000x as frequently as some lunatic who shoots up a school/theater/whatever. Where are the calls to disarm the government?

Makes sense.

Oh it's about needs? i didn't know black people NEED to drink from my water fountain?

People need to quit forcing their ideals on others. Let people live their lives the way they choose and if they do something horrible like kill people then they are punished. You don't create your society based on the actions of an extremely small minority that acts insane.

The absolute ultimate irony of the whole gun control debate is that the pro-gun control people want to have the government round up and control all the guns. hey, news flash, the government kills innocent civilians about 10000x as frequently as some lunatic who shoots up a school/theater/whatever. Where are the calls to disarm the government?

Not even close. People who are serving in the military have to give their weapon back when they are discharged.

Try again.

Not even close. People who are serving in the military have to give their weapon back when they are discharged.

Try again.

Yeah well those awesome weapons that are used to protect people in government aren't given back. Obama will have people with automatic weapons, grenades, mounted weapons, protecting him till he dies.

Every American should be able to protect himself equally.

Way to completely avoid the whole freedom and pushing your beliefs on people part.

Well, you do appear to have the intellectual capacity of an insect so, you're half way there. :clap2:

Whoa, what an intelligent response. How could I have ever doubted your qualifications to come into one of my threads a speak.

In other words.... STFU and get lost.

Come back when you finish high school.

You walked into that one bud. But I'll tell you what...though I SERIOUSLY doubt you will actually address a direct question, let's give you one more chance. Let's just see if you're capable of an intelligent response or if you're just a troll...or an insect. Okay, here goes...

Please explain why you would advocate bans of firearms or accessories when we know such measures will not deter criminals from obtaining those items, thereby putting law abiding citizens at a disadvantage when facing armed thugs? Stated differently, why would you want enact laws that give an edge to criminals who could care less about your regulations?

The floor is yours.

I suppose we'll have to go with troll...:dunno:

Try again.

Yeah well those awesome weapons that are used to protect people in government aren't given back. Obama will have people with automatic weapons, grenades, mounted weapons, protecting him till he dies.

Way to completely avoid the whole freedom and pushing your beliefs on people part.

Wrong yet again. The weapons that are issued are taken back and turned in before you leave the service. As far as the weapons that the Secret Service has? Same deal.

And................if you even paid the slightest bit of attention, you would know that the last President to have lifetime Secret Service coverage is Bill Clinton.

All presidents from Jr. on will only get 10 years.

Try again.

Try again.

Wrong yet again. The weapons that are issued are taken back and turned in before you leave the service. As far as the weapons that the Secret Service has? Same deal.

And................if you even paid the slightest bit of attention, you would know that the last President to have lifetime Secret Service coverage is Bill Clinton.

Try again.

But my point still stands. Even if they only get it in office it is still a means of protection I don't have. It is still valuing one life over another, which is what racism is at its core, it just values them based on skin color, whereas you wanna do it based on title.

It gets even more ironic when you realize that Obama or any President can murder innocent people with drone strikes and people cheer it but nobody else can.

Try again.

But my point still stands. Even if they only get it in office it is still a means of protection I don't have. It is still valuing one life over another, which is what racism is at its core, it just values them based on skin color, whereas you wanna do it based on title.

It gets even more ironic when you realize that Obama or any President can murder innocent people with drone strikes and people cheer it but nobody else can.

OF COURSE the President is gonna have better security than you! Are you seriously this stupid in real life? The President has not only citizens in this very country against him, but he's gotta worry about the citizens of other countries as well!

What do you have to defend from? Al Queda? Not freaking likely.

But..................to a paranoid idiot such as yourself, your point of view makes perfect sense.

Tell ya what.......................when YOU get elected, and YOU become leader of the free world, then you can have the same protection.

The President is important to this country. You? You're probably only important to your family, job, and whatever friends you have (which is a much lower importance than the President by the way).

Try again.

OF COURSE the President is gonna have better security than you! Are you seriously this stupid in real life? The President has not only citizens in this very country against him, but he's gotta worry about the citizens of other countries as well!

But..................to a paranoid idiot such as yourself, your point of view makes perfect sense.

Tell ya what.......................when YOU get elected, and YOU become leader of the free world, then you can have the same protection.

The President is important to this country. You? You're probably only important to your family, job, and whatever friends you have (which is a much lower importance than the President by the way).

Seriously ? Let me tally up the number of dead citizens like me from Al-Qaeda versus the dead Politicians.

Human life is human life. You can value the life of a person with a title more than your own or your mom's life if you want to, I value all innocent life equally. Keep trying to take people's freedoms though, it's working so far. You know like in Chicago where the gun laws are strictest and the murder and gang crime is highest.

Seriously ? Let me tally up the number of dead citizens like me from Al-Qaeda versus the dead Politicians.

Human life is human life. You can value the life of a person with a title more than your own or your mom's life if you want to, I value all innocent life equally. Keep trying to take people's freedoms though, it's working so far. You know like in Chicago where the gun laws are strictest and the murder and gang crime is highest.

Not only are you displaying your stupidity on this thread, but I thought you asking for help on how to put people on ignore because you were too lazy to look it up was priceless as well.

Why don't you take Rat in the Hat's suggestion and sign off permanently so you can ignore everyone?

And..................I'm sorry, but your value to this country is a drop in the bucket compared to the value of the leader of this country.

Do I "value" the President more than my own family (and btw............speaking about other people's families on here is a bannable offense, and my mother was killed when I was 8, making me an orphan, so I'd really appreciate not talking about her)? Not really, because I know my family more than I know the President, yet, because of the position he occupies, as well as the power he weilds, I'd say that he's much more important to the country than you could ever think about being.

Try again retard.

Not only are you displaying your stupidity on this thread, but I thought you asking for help on how to put people on ignore because you were too lazy to look it up was priceless as well.

Why don't you take Rat in the Hat's suggestion and sign off permanently so you can ignore everyone?

And..................I'm sorry, but your value to this country is a drop in the bucket compared to the value of the leader of this country.

Do I "value" the President more than my own family (and btw............speaking about other people's families on here is a bannable offense, and my mother was killed when I was 8, making me an orphan, so I'd really appreciate not talking about her)? Not really, because I know my family more than I know the President, yet, because of the position he occupies, as well as the power he weilds, I'd say that he's much more important to the country than you could ever think about being.

Try again retard.

Well, if you value someone who murder innocent civilians and gives the money of the tax payers to the executives of corporations more than yourself and your own family, heh, salud!

You still aren't addressing the main point of this thread which is how saying people A can have something but people B can't. We did that a lot with black people in the past. We did it with Japanese citizens too, when we locked them in cages, for being Japanese. We are doing it with brown people overseas right now, hell we even make the choice of life or death for them, let alone if they can have guns. The people who you so highly esteem are the ones who do these things. The people you likely vote for. The NRA comparison isn't entirely too far fetched.

^

Try again retard.

Well, if you value someone who murder innocent civilians and gives the money of the tax payers to the executives of corporations more than yourself and your own family, heh, salud!

You still aren't addressing the main point of this thread which is how saying people A can have something but people B can't. We did that a lot with black people in the past. We did it with Japanese citizens too, when we locked them in cages, for being Japanese. We are doing it with brown people overseas right now, hell we even make the choice of life or death for them, let alone if they can have guns. The people who you so highly esteem are the ones who do these things. The people you likely vote for. The NRA comparison isn't entirely too far fetched.

^

I think I have it figured out.............you're just pissed that there's a black man in the White House.

Way to go Lobotomy Lemming.

Forum List

Back