New NRA Talking Point: Banning Assault Weapons Is Just Like Racial Discrimination

hazlnut

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2012
Chicago
New NRA Talking Point: Banning Assault Weapons Is Just Like Racial Discrimination

Former National Rifle Association president Marion Hammer compared a proposal by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) to ban assault weapons to racial discrimination. According to Hammer, "banning people and things because of the way they look went out a long time ago. But here they are again. The color of a gun. The way it looks. It's just bad politics."

Hammer's comparison came during a discussion on NRA News about Sen. Feinstein's plans to introduce legislation to ban assault weapons during the new Congress. Hammer warned that the United States government could engage in firearm confiscation "in order to control the masses."

There just are no words.... because there is no logic.

Military style weapons do not have to owned by the average person. Period.

Former National Rifle Association president Marion Hammer compared a proposal by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) to ban assault weapons to racial discrimination. According to Hammer, "banning people and things because of the way they look went out a long time ago. But here they are again. The color of a gun. The way it looks. It's just bad politics."

Hammer's comparison came during a discussion on NRA News about Sen. Feinstein's plans to introduce legislation to ban assault weapons during the new Congress. Hammer warned that the United States government could engage in firearm confiscation "in order to control the masses."

You have no right conferring your subjective views onto others.

But it is logical to put law abiding citizens at a disadvantage when facing armed criminals and crazy motherfuckers that couldn't care less about your regulations?

That's not logical, it's insane.

Your laws cannot un-invent firearms and their accessories. They cannot prevent or even deter criminals from acquiring them. We don't take away cars away from good drivers because somebody decided to run over some school kids, so please, stop fucking with people that haven't hurt anyone because someone else did.

If the NRA keeps publishing stupid shit like this, they'll do what the Republican party did during the 2012 elections and dig their own hole.

There is no logic to your statement. Might as well say "big boats do not have to be owned by the average person.". The point is the freedom and liberty to choose to have one if I want one. How about govts do not have the right to tell me what kind of gun I can purchase.

Last edited:

The key word in your response is "style." The weapons you want to ban only look like military weapons. functionally, they are in a separate class.

However, that issue is actually a non sequitur since military weapons are precisely the kind the 2nd Amendment was intended to protect.

The concept of liberty really does sail miles above your head, doesn't it.

Your rights are not determined by your NEED to have them, dipshit. It does not matter if you don't have to have a gun. What matters is that you cannot stop me from having one, just like you can't stop me from telling everyone I meet you are an idiot, even though I don't need to.

And there is no logic to the assault weapons ban rules. They are based entirely on cosmetics of the weapons.

Last edited:
Get this through your thick skulls, morons:

I don't have to justify why I want or need something in order to exercise my rights.

You fucking totalitarian control freaks!

I want to be a fly on the wall in an NRA meeting when they come up with these whoppers.

They must laugh at their own membership.

I want to be a fly on the wall in an NRA meeting when they come up with these whoppers.

They must laugh at their own membership.

Well, you do appear to have the intellectual capacity of an insect so, you're half way there. :clap2:

Whoa, what an intelligent response. How could I have ever doubted your qualifications to come into one of my threads a speak.

In other words.... STFU and get lost.

Come back when you finish high school.

Forum List

Back