New NASA study links current extreme summer events to climate change

It's called climate change, not global warming. It's funny how the deniers hold onto a sound bite and claim it to be the catch cry of their enemies, yet when it is repeatedly pointed out to them that the misnomer (global warming) was changed long ago, they keep on using it to make their vacuous points...

If you arseholes just shut the fuck up and let the real scientists and climatologists give us the heads up then the problem might get fixed.

But every time one of you misinformed ijits opens your trap, other morons with the IQ of 80 climb on board. Unfortunately even morons are allowed to vote, so politicians take notice of them....it would be sad if it wasn't so reprehensible...

Don't tell me, tell Hanson, he is the one that is using the term. All I am objecting to is the assholes that claim that we are going to face extreme weather as a norm. For one thing, if extreme weather actually becomes the norm, it won't be extreme. For another, it won't actually become the norm.

Recent Heat Waves Caused by Global Warming, Hansen Says - Businessweek

I do enjoy the cultists that swarm when I call out Hanson and Gore though, it makes it really easy for me to make the point that you are all idiots. that lets me talk to the intelligent people and explain why we need to do things differently, and whey we shouldn't try to win the political debate.

Until you posted the link I'd never read anything by Hanson. It says he is a climate scientist who works for NASA.

Your bona fides are.......

I am supposed to believe you never heard of Hanson, the most prominent voice in defense of global warming?

Can you explain why, if you have never heard of him, you jumped into this thread to attack my claim that he is the worst thing about the entire climate debate? If it weren't for this one idiot making ridiculous clams that are not even backed by his own colleagues there would be no actual debate about the fact that the climate is changing, and that humans are contributing to it. Every time he opens hos mouth he sets the debate back 5 years.

Why are you defending him?

Last edited:
Amazing how so many dumb fucks jump and scream every time that Dr. James Hansen's name is mentioned. Could it be that they find that most scientists consider him to be the leading atmospheric physicist in the world a bit intimidatine? Or that in his paper on CO2 in 1981 did a pretty good job of predicting the present weather and results of that weather that we are seeing?

The following letter was sent to NASA Administrator Charles Bolden, Jr. from 49 former employees with over 1100 years of combined service to NASA.

March 28, 2012

The Honorable Charles Bolden, Jr.
NASA Administrator
NASA Headquarters
Washington, D.C. 20546-0001

Dear Charlie,

We, the undersigned, respectfully request that NASA and the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS) refrain from including unproven remarks in public releases and websites. We believe the claims by NASA and GISS, that man-made carbon dioxide is having a catastrophic impact on global climate change are not substantiated, especially when considering thousands of years of empirical data. With hundreds of well-known climate scientists and tens of thousands of other scientists publicly declaring their disbelief in the catastrophic forecasts, coming particularly from the GISS leadership, it is clear that the science is NOT settled.

The unbridled advocacy of CO2 being the major cause of climate change is unbecoming of NASA’s history of making an objective assessment of all available scientific data prior to making decisions or public statements.

As former NASA employees, we feel that NASA’s advocacy of an extreme position, prior to a thorough study of the possible overwhelming impact of natural climate drivers is inappropriate. We request that NASA refrain from including unproven and unsupported remarks in its future releases and websites on this subject. At risk is damage to the exemplary reputation of NASA, NASA’s current or former scientists and employees, and even the reputation of science itself.

For additional information regarding the science behind our concern, we recommend that you contact Harrison Schmitt or Walter Cunningham, or others they can recommend to you.

Thank you for considering this request.

Sincerely,

You can find the signatures here: NASA LETTER

Seems "Charlie's" not listening.

The following letter was sent to NASA Administrator Charles Bolden, Jr. from 49 former employees with over 1100 years of combined service to NASA.
And another extremely gullible denier cult dingbat shows up with more meaningless propaganda.

NASA has more than 18,000 current employees (plus another 5000 at JPL) and more than twice that many retired ex-employees. All 49 people who signed that letter are retired ex-employees and they are only a tiny fraction of 1% of the total number of current and ex employees. None of the signatories to this letter have any training or experience in climate science. NONE! ZERO EXPERIENCE! Their job titles are listed with their signatures and what we have here is 23 administrators, 8 astronauts, 7 engineers, 5 technicians, and 4 scientists/mathematicians in one specialty or another (but none of those specialties involve climate science in any way). None of these "former employees with over 1100 years of combined service to NASA" ever did any climate science research and none of them ever published a paper in climate science.

NASA Climate 'Skeptics' Respond with Science! Just Kidding.

Serious errors and shortcomings void climate letter by 49 former NASA employees

Heartland’s Truth-Challenged Harrison Schmitt Trolls NASA Nursing Home for New “List of Scientists”

Seems "Charlie's" not listening.
Well of course not, nitwit. Nobody with more than half a brain would be impressed by this piece of silly nonsense.

Here's the response from NASA Chief Scientist Waleed Abdalati to your 'letter'.

"NASA sponsors research into many areas of cutting-edge scientific inquiry, including the relationship between carbon dioxide and climate. As an agency, NASA does not draw conclusions and issue 'claims' about research findings. We support open scientific inquiry and discussion.

"Our Earth science programs provide many unique space-based observations and research capabilities to the scientific community to inform investigations into climate change, and many NASA scientists are actively involved in these investigations, bringing their expertise to bear on the interpretation of this information. We encourage our scientists to subject these results and interpretations to scrutiny by the scientific community through the peer-review process. After these studies have met the appropriate standards of scientific peer-review, we strongly encourage scientists to communicate these results to the public.

"If the authors of this letter disagree with specific scientific conclusions made public by NASA scientists, we encourage them to join the debate in the scientific literature or public forums rather than restrict any discourse."

Don't tell me, tell Hanson, he is the one that is using the term. All I am objecting to is the assholes that claim that we are going to face extreme weather as a norm. For one thing, if extreme weather actually becomes the norm, it won't be extreme. For another, it won't actually become the norm.

Recent Heat Waves Caused by Global Warming, Hansen Says - Businessweek

I do enjoy the cultists that swarm when I call out Hanson and Gore though, it makes it really easy for me to make the point that you are all idiots. that lets me talk to the intelligent people and explain why we need to do things differently, and whey we shouldn't try to win the political debate.

Until you posted the link I'd never read anything by Hanson. It says he is a climate scientist who works for NASA.

Your bona fides are.......

I am supposed to believe you never heard of Hanson, the most prominent voice in defense of global warming?

Can you explain why, if you have never heard of him, you jumped into this thread to attack my claim that he is the worst thing about the entire climate debate? If it weren't for this one idiot making ridiculous clams that are not even backed by his own colleagues there would be no actual debate about the fact that the climate is changing, and that humans are contributing to it. Every time he opens hos mouth he sets the debate back 5 years.

Why are you defending him?

Because I've tried to avoid these threads like the plague over the past 4 years. I used to contribute to them but was sick to death of reading reports by "human's are not causing climate change" deniers posted on this board, and within a couple of clicks you would find they were just whackos with an opinion and little much else to back it up. Or they were conservatives who only saw global warming or climate change or whatever, as another reason for the govt to create a tax. Or that you'd follow links from a denier and find they sit on the board of Exxon or are a 'consultant' to big polluters.

You know what, I DON'T CARE if humans AREN'T having an affect on our climate (although how you can pump BILLIONS of tonnes of SHIT into the atmosphere and not have any affect is beyond me) I'm glad there is a carbon tax and I hope the polluters get themselves taxed to death. How about we do this anyway because it's a good idea NOT to have the aforementioned crap pumped into the air we breathe?

Last edited:

August 5, 2012
by SETH BORENSTEIN Enlarge In this Sept. 30, 2011

Read more at: New NASA study links current extreme summer events to climate change
This is Hansens GISS. Thus it has no crediblity anymore. Sad to see such a good organization laid low by a political whore.
Oh, walleyedretard, are you still trying to pump out the lies and smears that your puppet-masters in the fossil fuel industry pour into your feeble little pea-brain? You poor deluded retard. It is your little cult of reality denying retards that no credibility anymore. Not that it ever did with anyone possessing more than half a brain. Your cult is sliding down the poop chute of history along with the Flat Earth Society. Say 'bye-bye'.

how articulately you state your case.

:rolleyes:

Amazing how so many dumb fucks jump and scream every time that Dr. James Hansen's name is mentioned. Could it be that they find that most scientists consider him to be the leading atmospheric physicist in the world a bit intimidatine? Or that in his paper on CO2 in 1981 did a pretty good job of predicting the present weather and results of that weather that we are seeing?

"Follow the money!! -- except when our guy is getting it, of course."

The NASA scientist who once claimed the Bush administration tried to "silence" his global warming claims is now accused of receiving more than $1.2 million from the very environmental organizations whose agenda he advocated.

--

The lawsuit claims Hansen privately profited from his public job in violation of federal ethics rules, and NASA allowed him to do it because of his influence in the media and celebrity status among environmental groups, which rewarded him handsomely the last four years.
Gifts, speaking fees, prizes and consulting compensation include:
-- A shared $1 million prize from the Dan David Foundation for his "profound contribution to humanity." Hansen's cut ranged from $333,000 to $500,000, Horner said, adding that the precise amount is not known because Hansen's publicly available financial disclosure form only shows the prize was "an amount in excess of $5,000."
-- The 2010 Blue Planet prize worth $550,000 from the Asahi Glass Foundation, which recognizes efforts to solve environmental issues.
-- The Sophie Prize for his "political activism," worth $100,000. The Sophie Prize is meant to "inspire people working towards a sustainable future."
-- Speaking fees totaling $48,164 from a range of mostly environmental organizations.
-- A $15,000 participation fee, waived by the W.J. Clinton Foundation for its 2009 Waterkeeper Conference.
-- $720,000 in legal advice and media consulting services provided by The George Soros Open Society Institute. Hansen said he did not take "direct" support from Soros but accepted "pro bono legal advice."

Read more: NASA Scientist Accused of Using Celeb Status Among Environmental Groups to Enrich Himself | Fox News

Hansen's a crook. No wonder you love him.

Honestly, as long as it's economical. I seriously don't have a problem with renewable energy. Once it's up and cost about as much as fossil.fuels. It can only be good as far as I can see.

The trick is getting the technology to be economical and doesn't have down periods. I feel that one day that wave power may have a part in powering our nation as it's always there. Of course I'm a science person that likes this kind of stuff. LOL!

Wind and solar only can become major sources of energy(over 50% of grid power) if we develop a way to store it.

"Follow the money!! -- except when our guy is getting it, of course."
The NASA scientist who once claimed the Bush administration tried to "silence" his global warming claims is now accused of receiving more than $1.2 million from the very environmental organizations whose agenda he advocated.

--

The lawsuit claims Hansen privately profited from his public job in violation of federal ethics rules, and NASA allowed him to do it because of his influence in the media and celebrity status among environmental groups, which rewarded him handsomely the last four years.
Gifts, speaking fees, prizes and consulting compensation include:
-- A shared $1 million prize from the Dan David Foundation for his "profound contribution to humanity." Hansen's cut ranged from $333,000 to $500,000, Horner said, adding that the precise amount is not known because Hansen's publicly available financial disclosure form only shows the prize was "an amount in excess of $5,000."
-- The 2010 Blue Planet prize worth $550,000 from the Asahi Glass Foundation, which recognizes efforts to solve environmental issues.
-- The Sophie Prize for his "political activism," worth $100,000. The Sophie Prize is meant to "inspire people working towards a sustainable future."
-- Speaking fees totaling $48,164 from a range of mostly environmental organizations.
-- A $15,000 participation fee, waived by the W.J. Clinton Foundation for its 2009 Waterkeeper Conference.
-- $720,000 in legal advice and media consulting services provided by The George Soros Open Society Institute. Hansen said he did not take "direct" support from Soros but accepted "pro bono legal advice."

Read more: NASA Scientist Accused of Using Celeb Status Among Environmental Groups to Enrich Himself | Fox News
Hansen's a crook. No wonder you love him.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3d82VrKoCo&list=UUvj7dbOY14kt_MFIR1Y1iwA&index=1&feature=plcp"]Hansen`s Nonsense draws Media Fire - YouTube[/ame]

These freaks still have the same medieval mentality to look for someone who is guilty every time the weather was not "normal".
Hansen,...the "Top NASA scientist" is the same idiot who did not know that satellite orbits decay and when a "denier" pointed out that fact he responded:
However, in 1998, Wentz and Schabel determined that orbital decay had an effect on the derived temperatures.[43] Hansen compared the corrected troposphere temperatures with the results of the published GISS model, and concluded that the model is in good agreement with the observations, noting that the satellite temperature data had been the last holdout of global warming denialists, and that the correction of the data would result in a change from discussing whether global warming was occurring to what is the rate of global warming, and what should be done about it.[44]
I`m loosing track how many "corrections" these fraud artists make EVERY DAY..:
http://www.usmessageboard.com/5777927-post95.html

Shit he is one of the "NASA scientists" who claim NLC`s are a result of "climate change"

You`ll find him, he is that Global warming cluster fuck pile, in fact he was the one who started that myth...and it`s only one step away from the "chem trail" conspiracy theories:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=NLC+OR+noctilucent+clouds++climate+change

...But that`s not what NASA says:
Meteor Smoke Makes Strange Clouds - NASA Science

James Russell of Hampton University, principal investigator of NASA's AIM mission to study the phenomenon. "This discovery supports the theory that meteor dust is the nucleating agent around which NLCs form."
Noctilucent clouds are a mystery dating back to the late 19th century. Northern sky watchers first noticed them in 1885 about two years after the eruption of Krakatoa.
The inner solar system is littered with meteoroids of all shapes and sizes--from asteroid-sized chunks of rock to microscopic specks of dust. Every day Earth scoops up tons of the material, mostly the small stuff. When meteoroids hit our atmosphere and burn up, they leave behind a haze of tiny particles suspended 70 km to 100 km above Earth's surface.
It's no coincidence that NLCs form 83 km high, squarely inside the meteor smoke zone.
Specks of meteor smoke act as gathering points where water molecules can assemble themselves into ice crystals. The process is called "nucleation."
According AIM data, ice crystals can grow around meteoritic dust to sizes ranging from 20 to 70 nanometers. For comparison, cirrus clouds in the lower atmosphere where water is abundant contain crystals 10 to 100 times larger

Last edited:
Dr. James Hansen is respected as the world's foremost climatologist around the world. All the retarded posts on an inconsequencial message board will not change that in the slightest.

Dr. James Hansen is respected as the world's foremost climatologist around the world. All the retarded posts on an inconsequencial message board will not change that in the slightest.

And yet he has no credentials in climatology. According to you and yours that automatically disqualifies him from being able to state an opinion. Interesting how you forgive and laud him because he agrees with your position but those who don't but are equally qualified aren't allowed to have an opinion:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

NASA is a bunch of Liberal Tree Huggers

I prefer the opinion of Glenn Beck

James Hansen is a well-known hack who has been caught doctoring the data multiple times.

In fact, Dr. Hansen is a world class scientist, greatly honored by his peers in the world scientific community.

The fact that you believe the idiotic smears and denier cult myths against him is good evidence of just how extremely retarded and brainwashed you are, patticakes.

And yet he has no credentials in climatology.
Oh, walleyedretard, you wouldn't know "credentials" if they bit you. You obviously have no comprehension of what the term means. I guess that's not too surprising for a scientifically clueless retard like yourself.

Michael E. Mann

Dr. Michael E. Mann is a member of the Penn State University faculty, holding joint positions in the Departments of Meteorology and Geosciences, and the Earth and Environmental Systems Institute (EESI). He is also director of the Penn State Earth System Science Center (ESSC).

Dr. Mann received his undergraduate degrees in Physics and Applied Math from the University of California at Berkeley, an M.S. degree in Physics from Yale University, and a Ph.D. in Geology & Geophysics from Yale University. His research involves the use of theoretical models and observational data to better understand Earth’s climate system.

Dr. Mann was a Lead Author on the Observed Climate Variability and Change chapter of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Third Scientific Assessment Report in 2001 and was organizing committee chair for the National Academy of Sciences Frontiers of Science in 2003. He has received a number of honors and awards including NOAA’s outstanding publication award in 2002 and selection by Scientific American as one of the fifty leading visionaries in science and technology in 2002. He shared the Nobel Peace Prize with other IPCC authors in 2007. In 2012 he was inducted as a Fellow of the American Geophysical Union and was awarded the Hans Oeschger Medal of the European Geosciences Union.

Dr. Mann is author of more than 150 peer-reviewed and edited publications, and has published two books including Dire Predictions: Understanding Global Warming and The Hockey Stick and the Climate Wars: Dispatches from the Front Lines, due out in early 2012.

According to you and yours that automatically disqualifies him from being able to state an opinion. Interesting how you forgive and laud him because he agrees with your position but those who don't but are equally qualified aren't allowed to have an opinion
LOLOLOLOL....oh you poor deluded cretin. Wrong about everything again. You denier cultists don't have any scientists who are anywhere close to being "equally qualified" in relation to Dr. Hansen. He is one of the foremost climate scientists on Earth and all you've got are some third rate stooges for the fossil fuel industry.

And yet he has no credentials in climatology. According to you and yours that automatically disqualifies him from being able to state an opinion. Interesting how you forgive and laud him because he agrees with your position but those who don't but are equally qualified aren't allowed to have an opinion:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Walleyes, you are truly one dumb fuck if you think you can pass that lie off.

NASA GISS: James E. Hansen

Affiliation: National Aeronautics and Space Administration

NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies
2880 Broadway
New York, NY 10025 USA

E-mail: [email protected]
Phone: (212) 678-5500

Education:
•B.A., Physics and Mathematics, 1963, University of Iowa
•M.S., Astronomy, 1965, University of Iowa
•Ph.D., Physics, 1967, University of Iowa

Publications
•Go to bibliography

Research Interests:
As a college student in Iowa, I was attracted to science and research by James Van Allen's space science program in the physics and astronomy department. Since then, it only took me a decade or so to realize that the most exciting planetary research involves trying to understand the climate change on earth that will result from anthropogenic changes of the atmospheric composition.

One of my research interests is radiative transfer in planetary atmospheres, especially interpreting remote sounding of the earth's atmosphere and surface from satellites. Such data, appropriately analyzed, may provide one of our most effective ways to monitor and study global change on the earth. The hardest part is trying to influence the nature of the measurements obtained, so that the key information can be obtained.

I am also interested in the development and application of global numerical models for the purpose of understanding current climate trends and projecting humans' potential impacts on climate. The scientific excitement in comparing theory with data, and developing some understanding of global changes that are occurring, is what makes all the other stuff worth it.

James Hansen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

James E. Hansen (born March 29, 1941) heads the NASA Goddard Institute for Space Studies in New York City, a part of the Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. He has held this position since 1981. He is also an adjunct professor in the Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences at Columbia University.

After graduate school, Hansen continued his work with radiative transfer models, attempting to understand the Venusian atmosphere. Later he applied and refined these models to understand the Earth's atmosphere, in particular, the effects that aerosols and trace gases have on Earth's climate. Hansen's development and use of global climate models has contributed to the further understanding of the Earth's climate.

Hansen is best known for his research in the field of climatology, his testimony on climate change to congressional committees in 1988 that helped raise broad awareness of global warming, and his advocacy of action to avoid dangerous climate change. In recent years, Hansen has become an activist for action to mitigate the effects of climate change, which on a few occasions has led to his arrest.

NASA used to run the Space Shuttle program but now that it has been shut down by the socialist peoples party and nobody was fired they need a new mission. God help us now but it seems that "the right stuff" is dedicated to ruining the greatest Country in the world with the continued international global warming extortion scam.

Forum List

Back