New Look & Site Upgrades

switched back...i have an eye problem ...red is much much too harsh for me...i hope you will keep the ability to select...

now my question....why fuck with what is working fine....the new and improved crap never is?

Yes, we will keep the old style. With this software the longer you wait to upgrade the more problems in the future could arise. Eventually support stops for the older versions as well. I think you will find the new features very useful.

switched back...i have an eye problem ...red is much much too harsh for me...i hope you will keep the ability to select...

now my question....why fuck with what is working fine....the new and improved crap never is?

no i wont....i assure you i left a message board that had all this bullshit....

see my calvin and hobbs quote on the issue...

so you are saying i can keep the old version as long as i dont mind falling behind with stuff...well thanks there

so you are saying i can keep the old version as long as i dont mind falling behind with stuff...well thanks there

Unfortunately, yes that is the way the world works. Either you want it unchanged, or you don't. I can't begin to know (or keep up with for you, and everyone else) what you would want on the old skin, plus from the new skin, plus features, but without changing.

We've left the old skin as close to unchanged as possible and we've given people a choice to continue to use the old skin, or the new skin... which is as close as possible as we can get as to the "best of both worlds, please the most people".

If you want all the new whiz bang features, you'll need to use the new skin. Kinda like buying a new car... Ford won't retrofit the new features on your old car, it's just not possible.

Don't raise everyones hopes and then let us down:lol:

Unfortunately, yes that is the way the world works. Either you want it unchanged, or you don't. I can't begin to know (or keep up with for you, and everyone else) what you would want on the old skin, plus from the new skin, plus features, but without changing.

We've left the old skin as close to unchanged as possible and we've given people a choice to continue to use the old skin, or the new skin... which is as close as possible as we can get as to the "best of both worlds, please the most people".

If you want all the new whiz bang features, you'll need to use the new skin. Kinda like buying a new car... Ford won't retrofit the new features on your old car, it's just not possible.

so who the fuck is "we"?

I would like to make a request. Is it possible to have a third skin option? I like the colors and the look but the contrast isn't quite my cup of tea...the graduated color of the gray is hard on the eyes. Is it possible to have an option to use a white back ground?

Im just sayin you got that puff puff pass avatar and your complaining about the colors....

BRING ON THE BADGERS

I would like to make a request. Is it possible to have a third skin option? I like the colors and the look but the contrast isn't quite my cup of tea...the graduated color of the gray is hard on the eyes. Is it possible to have an option to use a white back ground?

did someone say it was hard on the eyes?

The irony continues to mount!

As you may have noticed we have a completely newly redesigned site. We've spent a lot of time coming up with a skin that is easy to use as well as pleasing to the eye. We hope that you enjoy the new skin. However, if you do not, we have left the ability to switch back to the "old" skin so that you are not forced to use the new skin if you don't like it. We believe that giving you this choice should make the transition seamless for everyone.

The new skin gives us the ability to make some improvements that the newest version of software brings, some of the most notable are:

Better Community Support (Social Groups, Blogs, etc)
Active Topics - The 40 most recent threads, at a glance.
Better Private Message Interface
Embeddable Videos (Youtube, Yahoo Video, etc)
Inline Image Resizing (User configurable)
Post Thanking
Much more...

If you would like to switch back to the old skin, simply scroll down further on your screen and at the bottom you should see scroll box that currently says "US v2" in it. It will be contained over the blue bar that has the "Contact Us, Political Forums, Top" etc. links on it. This will allow you to switch back and forth between both styles at your leisure. You can also change your style permanently from the User CP in the Edit Options area at the bottom, under the Miscellaneous Options -> Forum Skin setting.

Hope this helps and makes your experience more enjoyable.

Like the look!

Forum List

Back