New Jersey, other states, barring "gay panic" murder defense.

Good. Every state should be following suit. Suddenly learning that someone is gay or bisexual is not a valid reason for reactionary homicide.

The defense has been used to attempt to downgrade charges against defendants who argued that they killed because they were provoked by the disclosure of the victim’s gender identity or sexual orientation.

According to the American Bar Association, eight states had barred the “gay panic” defense as of July 2019. New York was the most recent to do so, in June, when Gov. Andrew Cuomo signed a bill on the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall uprising.

New Jersey takes step toward banning ‘gay panic’ murder defense
A guy here was convicted of murder yesterday (that's kind of big news in Maine) for shooting his sister 10 times, even pausing to reload. His defense in asking for manslaughter? "She pushed every friggin' button I own."
Judge found murder.
lol

I think any law maker that spends time helping someone’s sex life and not helping the struggling schools systems in their towns should be hung for tyranny

What? Nobody is talking about helping anyone's sex life. This is a thread about states passing laws to end/preempt the "gay panic" defense in murder cases.
Who’s even listing to this? Who has time? We have drug abuse we have feelings school, we have hundreds of blacks get a murdered every weekend and towns run by democrats.. ENOUGH OF LISTING TO HOMOS.. move to Europe

Let me guess; You're a closet queen?
Huh

And there we have it!

Forum List

Back