First Question on Cross Examination of Michael Cohen: Are you an honest person?

I can well understand why you would want to deflect from Cohen’s dishonesty.

I have not doubted his dishonesty once.

Have you not had your coffee yet, normally even you are not this dense.

Or perhaps you are just channeling your inner Cohen and being dishonest.

Open ended questions like the OP’s are always a bad idea on cross. It is a free pass for Michael Cohen to go on a sermon of how he has reformed and just what a creep Trump is.

But, given the quality of Trump’s legal team, they may very well start with the OP’s question!
Finally, a good point. I should’ve known better than to listen to a CNN lawyer. Maybe a better opening question would be “have you ever perjured yourself, Mr. Cohen?”

Or maybe “have you ever perjured yourself before this, Mr. Cohen?”

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: JLW
My prediction is that Cohen will say that Trump ordered him to do things that he himself thought of as Trump’s lawyer. It will be up to the jury to decide whether the serial liar is credible when he claims that.

I just wonder how outlandish the prosecution will be willing to be. Will they really lead Cohen to say that Trump told him. “be sure to call this a legal expense. I don’t want anyone to know about my illegal campaign contribution, so please falsify that record? Oh yeah, I also want to defraud an unnamed person.”
The documentation already shows Trump knew exactly what was going on.

The problem is that Trump is not doing what Clinton had the good sense to do, concede certain points and concentrate on limited issues.

The OP misses the point. The purpose of putting Cohen on the stand is to provide headlines for the Leftist Media to badmouth Trump. It doesn't matter whether they are true or not; nobody will pay attention to the cross examination or the proof that Cohen is a liar and a scoundrel.

More importantly, this trial involved no crime, and everyone with a three digit IQ already knows all of the relevant facts, although two significant ones are un-knowable: whether Trump actually fucked her, and Trump's motivation for trying to keep her quiet.

There are two purposes for this trial: (a) to embarrass Trump, and (b) to be able to go through the Summer General Election campaign calling Trump a "convicted felon"...even though it is a certainty that this conviction will be tossed on appeal. I would even suggest that the DA and judge might be sanctioned by the NY Bar Association for abuse of discretion and bringing infamy to the legal profession. But that's just me. (I'm an attorney, and member of the Pennsylvania Bar).

"The only time I have been dishonest was on behalf of your client. I should have followed the canon of ethics rather than appease him."

You really can't attack Cohen's integrity without pointing out that he was Trump's fixer for decades.
Gawd, how uninformed you leftsts are. Cohen pleaded guilty to years of tax evasion as well as lying to banks in search of a home equity loan. Was that Trump's fault, too??

Um, he did that on behalf of Trump. The Home equity loan was to pay off Daniels.
LOL

I should know better than to post to a dumb one like you but you're blaming Trump for Cohen's own tax evasion and lying on his home equity loan applications?

OK, lol, if that's how you need to see it. Really, you'll believe just about anything to protect yourself from what opposes your own beliefs.

You're the backbone of the Biden cults, soupy.

LOL

I should know better than to post to a dumb one like you but you're blaming Trump for Cohen's own tax evasion and lying on his home equity loan applications?

OK, lol, if that's how you need to see it. Really, you'll believe just about anything to protect yourself from what opposes your own beliefs.

You're the backbone of the Biden cults, soupy.
Any attack on Cohen's character can't get around the fact he was acting on Trump's behalf.

It can... but the big problem is that there's a ton of documentary evidence backing up Cohen's position, it's why they've spent the last three weeks going through documents and establishing what happened.

Also, Cohen is a lawyer, he knows how to testify in court.

Meanwhile, Diaper Don won't even get on the stand. If he does, all his other bad actions come into play.

What evidence have you seen where TRUMP tells Cohen to payoff with campaign funds?

The OP misses the point. The purpose of putting Cohen on the stand is to provide headlines for the Leftist Media to badmouth Trump. It doesn't matter whether they are true or not; nobody will pay attention to the cross examination or the proof that Cohen is a liar and a scoundrel.

More importantly, this trial involved no crime, and everyone with a three digit IQ already knows all of the relevant facts, although two significant ones are un-knowable: whether Trump actually fucked her, and Trump's motivation for trying to keep her quiet.

There are two purposes for this trial: (a) to embarrass Trump, and (b) to be able to go through the Summer General Election campaign calling Trump a "convicted felon"...even though it is a certainty that this conviction will be tossed on appeal. I would even suggest that the DA and judge might be sanctioned by the NY Bar Association for abuse of discretion and bringing infamy to the legal profession. But that's just me. (I'm an attorney, and member of the Pennsylvania Bar).
All very correct.

I keep think ‘no matter how badly the prosecution case is going, will this judge really allow an acquittal, after all this effort to make Trump a felon?’

I wonder something similar about the election itself.

My prediction is that Cohen will say that Trump ordered him to do things that he himself thought of as Trump’s lawyer. It will be up to the jury to decide whether the serial liar is credible when he claims that.

I just wonder how outlandish the prosecution will be willing to be. Will they really lead Cohen to say that Trump told him. “be sure to call this a legal expense. I don’t want anyone to know about my illegal campaign contribution, so please falsify that record? Oh yeah, I also want to defraud an unnamed person.”

Had the prosecution been able to control Cohen he might have been an effective witness. Cohen clowning himself all over social media with his TDS rambling grift I don't see how anyone could take him seriously.
The Stormy payoff was made by Cohen because he thought he was going to get a big payday when TRUMP became POTUS.
Cohen will now lie for the prosecution thinking it will get him a big payday in the event of TRUMP losing the election.

All very correct.

I keep think ‘no matter how badly the prosecution case is going, will this judge really allow an acquittal, after all this effort to make Trump a felon?’

I wonder something similar about the election itself.
No need to wonder. Trump is a virus and the anti-bodies of Democracy are acting against him.

He's going to be found guilty
He's going to lose the election.
And he'll cut some kind of deal to avoid jail on all the other crimes that are working their way through the legal system.

Even a CNN lawyer knows how effective this would be.

How would Cohen answer? How could he answer?

Maybe the judge will strike it without Cohen having to answer?

Answer Yes.
Trump Incompetent Attorney: You are?
Prosecutor: Objection asked and answered defense is badgering the witness
Judge: Sustained, move on.

Trump's idiot attorney has just established the witness' credibility.

It's like MAGATS have never watched an episode of Perry Mason.

1715615652913.gif

Attachments

• 1715615635438.jpeg
    1715615635438.jpeg
    33.5 KB · Views: 0
Um, he did that on behalf of Trump. The Home equity loan was to pay off Daniels.
Um, not true.

Cohen took out the Home equity loan in December 2015, it was approved in April 2016. It was for $500,000.

That was well before the August meeting, well before Daniels entered the picture, and well above the $130K he paid her.

Forum List

Back