New House Speaker flying christian nationalist flag outside his office.

It absolutely is a religion.
NO.

Bad trumpling.

1710721678500.png

All lies or leftist interpretation that attempts to paint the leftist enemy as a loon, but by now the gig is up for you on the left, because anyone that don't know who the real loons are now, then they need to seek help immediately.

Not lies at all. She said everything I listed.

The 1st amendment does not mention sexual orientation.
True, but I also don't think that the Founders could anticipate the growth of ideologies that function as religions despite not being traditionally viewed as such.

For example, if you closely examine much of what Westerners assume without question, you start to realize that we live in a culture with a lot of dogmas that comprise what amounts to a religion just as much as Christianity does.

Pride is one of them. BLM is another. And we can even look at it from a much more basic level. Why is it that we automatically assume that "diversity" is a good thing? Wouldn't it be more logical to assume that it is neutral overall and largely dependent on cultural compatibility between Western values and whatever the foreign culture's values are?

Yet, try asking that question in many social contexts. You'll often be shouted down as "racist" or "xenophobic."

We live amidst an array of cultural assumptions that are taken on faith that often bear very harsh consequences if we don't blindly accept them. This is largely due to ideologies pushed by media, academia, and now even the corporate world (thanks to DEI and ESG).

Another religion is the global warming narrative. Plenty of scientists have provided counterevidence to that narrative, but it is sparse for largely funding reasons. You're less likely to get financial support for a study if you go against certain preconceived notions.

All I'm ultimately saying here is that faith comes in more forms than just what we traditionally call religion, so why is it that only traditional ones get regulated, while ideologies that are just as based on faith and fervor are not?

Doesn't work for the pride flag.
It absolutely does. The T in the Pride collective very aggressively pushes several dogmas. It requires you affirm someone's delusional identity despite biological evidence to the contrary. And you will certainly be treated as a heretic for not doing so.

True, but I also don't think that the Founders could anticipate the growth of ideologies that function as religions despite not being traditionally viewed as such.

For example, if you closely examine much of what Westerners assume without question, you start to realize that we live in a culture with a lot of dogmas that comprise what amounts to a religion just as much as Christianity does.

Pride is one of them. BLM is another. And we can even look at it from a much more basic level. Why is it that we automatically assume that "diversity" is a good thing? Wouldn't it be more logical to assume that it is neutral overall and largely dependent on cultural compatibility between Western values and whatever the foreign culture's values are?

Yet, try asking that question in many social contexts. You'll often be shouted down as "racist" or "xenophobic."

We live amidst an array of cultural assumptions that are taken on faith that often bear very harsh consequences if we don't blindly accept them. This is largely due to ideologies pushed by media, academia, and now even the corporate world (thanks to DEI and ESG).

Another religion is the global warming narrative. Plenty of scientists have provided counterevidence to that narrative, but it is sparse for largely funding reasons. You're less likely to get financial support for a study if you go against certain preconceived notions.

All I'm ultimately saying here is that faith comes in more forms than just what we traditionally call religion, so why is it that only traditional ones get regulated, while ideologies that are just as based on faith and fervor are not?

Ok, let me try and explain it another way.

The American Flag represents all Americans.
Flying the Pride flag flown at a gov't building represents a smaller segment of Americans.
Flying the Christian flag signifies that the gov't is Christian. Something it is obviously not.

Ok, let me try and explain it another way.

The American Flag represents all Americans.
Flying the Pride flag flown at a gov't building represents a smaller segment of Americans.
Flying the Christian flag signifies that the gov't is Christian. Something it is obviously not.
Christians are also a "segment" of Americans and a larger one than the LGBT (at least for now).

Yes they are. But the US Constitution forbids any state religion.

Would you be ok with flying a Muslim flag? A Hindu flag? A Church of Satan Flag?
At this point, yes. And some states have gone a similar route. There was that Satanist statue in Iowa, I believe, that made the news because some guy defaced it, but it was legally allowed on state property.

Why is it so important that you be allowed to speak out against LGBTQ people?
I could ask you why it's so important for drag queens to dance in front of children, for pre-op biological males to share locker rooms with biological females or compete with them in sports, etc.

I was supportive of gay marriage back in the day, but it turns out that the evangelicals were right about the slippery slope.

At this point, yes. And some states have gone a similar route. There was that Satanist statue in Iowa, I believe, that made the news because some guy defaced it, but it was legally allowed on state property.

I remember that. I also remember being surprised that there were religious statues on state capital grounds.

But I applaud their ability to include all faiths. Judge Roy Moore might have kept his 10 Commandments monument in the Alabama Supreme Court building if he had done that.

Forum List

Back