New Guinea To Base Government On Bible

the_human_being

Gold Member
Sep 8, 2014
The government of New Guinea has asked for American Churches to donate towards purchasing over 200,000 Bibles in order to make them available to every school child in the nation. New Guinea officials have so embraced the Bible that they wish to bring all the children up with the Bible being the primary text of study within their educational system and as result, eventually have their government based upon Biblical principles. This is certainly not the direction our government has led our nation with the denial of prayer within the school.

The Papuans certainly believe in smiting so they're well on the way already.

Glad I don't live there.
That sounds like a terrible time..
From the description in the OP, it's America before it had schools.
You mean when they were hanging people for being witches and shit? Lol, terrible time.
No, I mean when the Bible, the New England Primer, and the McGuffey Readers were standard schoolroom textbooks.
The bible as a textbook is the perfect example of indoctrination. This is 2016..
Then again.. its NG.. lol

The government of New Guinea has asked for American Churches to donate towards purchasing over 200,000 Bibles in order to make them available to every school child in the nation. New Guinea officials have so embraced the Bible that they wish to bring all the children up with the Bible being the primary text of study within their educational system and as result, eventually have their government based upon Biblical principles. This is certainly not the direction our government has led our nation with the denial of prayer within the school.

Trying to impose Christianity over the traditional animism and ancestor worship that have served them till now. Should be a free choice not brainwashing

Glad I don't live there.
You mean when they were hanging people for being witches and shit? Lol, terrible time.

Well, if my memory serves me correctly, it was not all that long ago that they had headhunters there.
Still have cannibals. And if im not mistaken, they were killing off sorcerers a couple years ago lol

Glad I don't live there.
No, I mean when the Bible, the New England Primer, and the McGuffey Readers were standard schoolroom textbooks.
The bible as a textbook is the perfect example of indoctrination. This is 2016..
Indoctrination in a Christian country?

Certainly you would have been a part of that activist fringe in 1817 Boston who believed that schools entirely funded and controlled by government would have been better than the existing private and Christian schools in which virtually every child was being educated already.

Glad I don't live there.

Certainly you would have been a part of that activist fringe in 1817 Boston who believed that schools entirely funded and controlled by government would have been better than the existing private and Christian schools in which virtually every child was being educated already.
I think public schools would be better handled locally. With actual history, mathematics and skill sets. Not religious indoctrination and big government marxists telling them boys should be showering with girls.
Private is cool, though.

I think public schools would be better handled locally. With actual history, mathematics and skill sets. Not religious indoctrination and big government marxists telling them boys should be showering with girls.
Private is cool, though.
Christian schools were not indoctrination. Private schools were an option, as were private tutors, as were Christian schools.

You're not a big government Marxist, but still, in some measure, you would impose your will.

Private is cool, though.
Christian schools were not indoctrination. Private schools were an option, as were private tutors, as were Christian schools.

You're not a big government Marxist, but still, in some measure, you would impose your will.
Do you not see the irony in your post?
If "imposing my will" means actual knowledge and skills, then so be it.
School is for knowledge, not fairy tales and personal beliefs. We have churches for that.

I usually do peyote and do a funky dance when praying..

Private is cool, though.

School is for knowledge, not fairy tales and personal beliefs. We have churches for that.
Yes, you're getting it. If you would ban Christian education, you would impose your will.

Are you the arbiter of education?

If Christian education is inferior, then children so educated will have less success in the real world. People are capable of reason on their own.

Private is cool, though.

Yes, you're getting it. If you would ban Christian education, you would impose your will.

Are you the arbiter of education?

If Christian education is inferior, then children so educated will have less success in the real world. People are capable of reason on their own.
I didn't say anything about banning it. As I actually said, private is OK. But PUBLIC schools shouldn't be based off indoctrination of any kind.

Forum List

Back