How many of you guys were born Christians? How many converted to Christianity?

nicoleivy5

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2016
70% of Christians were born Christian, 30% were converts | Global Broadcasting Corporation (link to survey)
According to a popular research survery, 70% of Christians are born into Christianity, while the remaining 30% were converts.

Which one are you?

christ.gif

Throughout the world, people's religion is determined by where they are born more than any other reason.

The concept of being 'born' already enrolled in a religion is not one I accept. Religion is a choice, all the more insidious when that choice is not realized.

The concept of being 'born' already enrolled in a religion is not one I accept. Religion is a choice, all the more insidious when that choice is not realized.

The only choice for most is to do what their parents tell them. This is my religion, and I demand my kid shares my belief just like my daddy did,

It isn't a conversion to atheism; it's simply reversion. To convert is to accept another belief. Not believing one thing does not imply active belief in something else.

Shortly after I was born, I was baptized Lutheran.

A year or two later, I was going to an Episcopalian church because of my 1st step father.

A year after that, I was going to Catholic church and school because of my 2nd step father.

A couple of years later, I was put into foster care and bounced around between a couple of families, and was forced to go to Baptist (both Northern and Southern) churches.

I ran away from foster care at 16 and turned my back on religion.

At age 30, I came across an Eastern philosophy that seemed to fit what I was seeking spiritually and became a Taoist.

Now? I look at all religions and look for the similarities rather than the differences, and it has gotten me further than the bias of dogma ever did.

A year or two later, I was going to an Episcopalian church because of my 1st step father.

A year after that, I was going to Catholic church and school because of my 2nd step father.

A couple of years later, I was put into foster care and bounced around between a couple of families, and was forced to go to Baptist (both Northern and Southern) churches.

At age 30, I came across an Eastern philosophy that seemed to fit what I was seeking spiritually and became a Taoist.

Now? I look at all religions and look for the similarities rather than the differences, and it has gotten me further than the bias of dogma ever did.
So would you consider yourself Taoist "deist" or Taoist "theist" ??

Many people who have had hard lives and are smart become deist Stoics. That includes the "Eastern" Taoists.

70% of Christians were born Christian, 30% were converts | Global Broadcasting Corporation (link to survey)
According to a popular research survery, 70% of Christians are born into Christianity, while the remaining 30% were converts.

Which one are you?

christ.gif
No one is born a Christian, Muslim, Jew or any other so-called religion. We are all born sinners with no hope at all with out the blood of Christ.
Well I thought you were going to complete your opening phrase with "... tabula rasa ..." and then I was going to agree.

However these dogmatic at-birth guilt trips are just as illicit as the cash that passing the plate tries to collect -- Jesus or no Jesus.

Be careful that they don't get all of your money, no matter what you have been brainwashed to believe about them.

Last edited:

Which one are you?

christ.gif
No one is born a Christian, Muslim, Jew or any other so-called religion. We are all born sinners with no hope at all with out the blood of Christ.
Well I thought you were going to complete your opening phrase with "... tabula rasa ..." and then I was going to agree.

However these dogmatic at-birth guilt trips are just as illicit as the cash that passing the plate tries to collect -- Jesus or no Jesus.

Be careful that they don't get all of your money, no matter what you have been brainwashed to believe about them.
Be careful. Hell is real.

So would you consider yourself Taoist "deist" or Taoist "theist" ??

Many people who have had hard lives and are smart become deist Stoics. That includes the "Eastern" Taoists.

I'd have to consider myself a "deist" because I believe that God is too big to be contained in just one dogma, religion, or belief system.

Interesting that you should say that those who have hard lives and are smart become deist Stoics. I was orphaned at 8, went through foster care until I ran away at 16 to go back to my Grandparents, and joined the Navy at 18, and stayed there until I retired in 2002.

Which one are you?

christ.gif

Be careful. Hell is real.
Sounds like some organized group has got you by the gonads blunthead .

As Johnny Depp said in Pirates Of The Caribbean, "Hell" is reserved for mutineers of pirate ships.

:D

Forum List

Back