New Group for Bible Believers.

You may have stumbled across and badly misunderstood one or more of my posts in the past, SB -- I have occasionally used the scriptures to mock Christians -- but I can assure that I'm NOT, by any tortured stretch of the imagination, a Christian.

I am a non-affiliated monotheist, though (a pantheist of sorts), so I suppose it's possible that "christstain" could somehow apply in that regard? :dunno:

Or is it just dyslexic being hell? :laugh:

What if I believe in the bible, believe in and worship God, but I'm a Pagan? Am I welcome?

Howdy. This particular group was designed for Christians who just want to hang out with other Christians.

I've never actually heard of anyone believing the Bible and worshiping the biblical God AND being a pagan at the same time.

Anyway, the other members and I discussed whether or not we should enjoin ourselves (in the group setting) with non-Christians and we generally decided that it would be best not to for the time being.

However, I strongly suggest that if non-Christians want to start a religious group of some sort and make inter-religious-ecumenism the defining foundation for that group - then go for it. We gotta live boldly. :D

and the exclusions begin....

are yall so weak in your beliefs that you must isolate and exclude others?

If you choose to address religious issues with Christians there is a specific forum for that. Why would you need to address Christians in that forum as well as they're private group?

If you choose to start a forum just for pagans or witches or seers, etc. and you wish to exclude Christians I promise not to get my feelings hurt. :D

Have a great day.

Two weeks for prep?

That's ridiculous.

Jeremiah gets to pick and define the parameters of the topic, KG. If I were to engage you on a topic of my choice (and presumed expertise), it would only seem fair to allow you to brush-up on the issues and relevant discipline(s) involved.

Besides, I didn't snatch the time-frame out of thin air. Per Jeremiah's suggestion: "We can plan a week out - two weeks out - whatever you'd like." ...and agreement: "sounds good.", it seems the participants are happy with the arrangement.

So, why don't you take your juice-box and crust of unleavened bread on over to the corner for a nice quiet nibble and sip.

ahhh i love to watch christains fight....its like watching idiots box....i dont care who wins as long as both sides get in some good punches

That's a peace-loving belief system you belong to there. Enjoy!

matter of fact this thread stinks for these reasons:

if you truly want a social group...why not just invite people from their posts...

like avatar...etc and so forth...just troll the religious forum for new members

but nooooooooooooo you go public and make sure the people you invite are up to your standards.....

i just have to wonder ...what jesus would do?

If you stroll through the various social groups you'll find that there are several that are "by invitation only." I haven't been invited to a single one of them but my feelings are in no way hurt considering the fact that I have no desire to join any of them.

Secondly, there's nothing at all wrong with announcing an announcement in the announcement forum. That's what the announcement forum is for.

Thirdly, if you're not a Christian it shouldn't bother you that you haven't been invited to a Christian group. Do you go to your local church? No? Then that's by choice. You've chosen to deny the teachings of the Bible. So why take offense when an online Christian church is started here?

What would Jesus do?:

2 Corinthians 6:14-16, "Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel? And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people."

Jesus also sent His disciples to spread the Gospel but told them that if His Word was not received to move on to the next town.

Matthew 10:14, "And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet."

seems you christains are more than willing to ridicule other christians....ie caps post to kg

Christians are human and will disagree on certain issues from time to time but the purpose for our group is to find common ground and have light conversation and prayer. No big deal. I'm sure there are Wiccans out there who disagree with each other too.

[MENTION=37421]Chuckie[/MENTION]- Everyone chooses their own beliefs. Some humans will submit to and follow a religion, without question, as you do. Some will avoid religion entirely. Some will take knowledge and wisdom from various religions to develop a clearer understanding of the divine mystery, as I do. Neither of us can prove that God, or Heaven, or hell exists, yet we retain faith in those things. I cannot prove reincarnation, and you cannot disprove reincarnation. It's pointless arguing or attempting to disprove any of those ideas. None of these afterlife theories are more "intelligent" than the other.

[MENTION=40845]Jeremiah[/MENTION]

I love the way you mispelled Ashtara. You said "Ashterah." It's beautiful :)

I personally prefer to misspell her name as "Ishtar," myself — and not because I like Warren Beatty movies, either.

I personally prefer to misspell her name as "Ishtar," myself — and not because I like Warren Beatty movies, either.

Considering that "Ishtar" is my patron Goddess, I have no problem with that :)

Okay, cool.

So do you feel better now that someone has given you some attention in this thread using your handle here as a proxy?

Can the rest of us here who simply want to accept DS's invitations to join his group proceed in doing so, now that our fellow USMB posters who for whatever reason(s) feel that their opinions are preferred haven't really succeeded in attempting to hijack this very simplistic, benign thread about it — s'that okay with youse?

Just be glad we have the class to ask for that permission.

If you don't like or are afraid of us now, then just imagine how horrific the scenario would be for you if we went totalitarian on you.

Awaiting the return of Christ my Savior.

What if I believe in the bible, believe in and worship God, but I'm a Pagan? Am I welcome?

Howdy. This particular group was designed for Christians who just want to hang out with other Christians.

I've never actually heard of anyone believing the Bible and worshiping the biblical God AND being a pagan at the same time.

Anyway, the other members and I discussed whether or not we should enjoin ourselves (in the group setting) with non-Christians and we generally decided that it would be best not to for the time being.

However, I strongly suggest that if non-Christians want to start a religious group of some sort and make inter-religious-ecumenism the defining foundation for that group - then go for it. We gotta live boldly. :D

and the exclusions begin....

are yall so weak in your beliefs that you must isolate and exclude others?

Somebody call a WAHmbulance for Bones.

I believe Bones was a part of the "Butthurt" forum...a forum dedicated to ridiculing posters in a private conservative forum.

If you can't show respect and intelligently and thoughtfully discuss stuff, then you won't get invited to all the discussions.

And believers like to have discussions besides the eternal discussion of "you have to be stupid to be a Christian" and "the pope is a molester" and "your God is an asshole"...which is what all the open forum discussions become, thanks to the trolls.

And believers like to have discussions besides the eternal discussion of "you have to be stupid to be a Christian" and "the pope is a molester" and "your God is an asshole"...which is what all the open forum discussions become, thanks to the trolls.

Unfortunately that's true. Its so rare to be able to discuss religion with people without it turning into some spiteful debate, where Athiests flame Xians, or Xians flame Muslims, or Xians type 20 paragraphs of bible verses.

When all hate is cast aside, Xians make for excellent spiritual discussion.

Okay, cool.

So do you feel better now that someone has given you some attention in this thread using your handle here as a proxy?

Can the rest of us here who simply want to accept DS's invitations to join his group proceed in doing so, now that our fellow USMB posters who for whatever reason(s) feel that their opinions are preferred haven't really succeeded in attempting to hijack this very simplistic, benign thread about it — s'that okay with youse?

If you don't like or are afraid of us now, then just imagine how horrific the scenario would be for you if we went totalitarian on you.

Hey, you're that guy who sent me a looooooong email today over why you were so offended that I didn't "thank" you for giving me positive rep! That it was soooo wrong of me not to give you positive rep in return! Is that what this is about?

I have nothing against the Xians in this thread. :) We worship the same God.

I do not worship the same God as you. Wrong.

And I do not talk about things said in PMs.

You didn't like the question I had for you in a PM? You shoulda told me that in a return PM.

Simple as that.

Okay, cool.

Hey, you're that guy who sent me a looooooong email today over why you were so offended that I didn't "thank" you for giving me positive rep! That it was soooo wrong of me not to give you positive rep in return! Is that what this is about?

I have nothing against the Xians in this thread. :) We worship the same God.

You need to spend some time reading the forum rules.

This topic is not the right setting for my intoxicating presence. I will go, lest I remain the subject of off topic discussion. Nevertheless, I wish the non-spiteful Xians a beautiful, peaceful fellowship. Fare thee well, brothers and sisters under the highest God!

This topic is not the right setting for my intoxicating presence. I will go, lest I remain the subject of off topic discussion. Nevertheless, I wish the non-spiteful Xians a beautiful, peaceful fellowship. Fare thee well, brothers and sisters under the highest God!

There's no need to get all KJV up in here. :laugh:

Not to mention against board rules discussion....... you are not supposed to discuss what someone writes to you in an email here. It's not allowed. Most people do not need a board rule to remind them of such things. They have something called a conscience. It must work. You're a first.

Forum List

Back