New Group for Bible Believers.

This topic is not the right setting for my intoxicating presence. I will go, lest I remain the subject of off topic discussion. Nevertheless, I wish the non-spiteful Xians a beautiful, peaceful fellowship. Fare thee well, brothers and sisters under the highest God!

There's no need to get all KJV up in here. :laugh:

I see you are practicing for our bull ring discussion! :eusa_angel:

Good. I'm looking forward to it. I am still thinking about a subject. I'll be in touch!
Have a great day, Capstone!

This topic is not the right setting for my intoxicating presence. I will go, lest I remain the subject of off topic discussion. Nevertheless, I wish the non-spiteful Xians a beautiful, peaceful fellowship. Fare thee well, brothers and sisters under the highest God!

There's no need to get all KJV up in here. :laugh:

I see you are practicing for our bull ring discussion! :eusa_angel:

Hmmm ...is that a hint, maybe? :eusa_think:

...Good. I'm looking forward to it. I am still thinking about a subject.

How about a debate regarding the Biblical perspective on the still hotly contested issue of geocentrism vs. heliocentrism? :dunno: :laugh:

...Have a great day, Capstone!

You too.
icon12.gif

Well ... it's been interesting. I announce a little group and all hell breaks loose. If my little announcement was able to create such strife in the "announcement" forum you can imagine what would likely happen in the group setting. Therefore, it's clear that my fellow members and I made the right decision. Y'all have a wonderful day. Pray for truth and wisdom.

Mmmm. I can feel your hate. Xians are better than that.

Yes, it's true...new age loons often confuse simple directives as "hatred".

Read the rules, you moron. You just joined and you don't look long to remain if you don't start abiding by them.

No, just joking on the KJV comment.

As to topic I don't know the definition of those terms but I think I've got it.

As you are an atheist ( correct me if I am wrong ) and I am a Christian - the debate should be Atheism vs Christianity - Which is the truth? You can present all your points on why you don't believe and I will present the reasons I do believe. I'm giving you a heads up because it will be about 2 weeks before I'd be able to buckle down and do it. I know you gave me the option for choosing topic of debate ( and you get last word ) but do you feel comfortable with that topic? Because if you don't I'll find something else. Let me know.

...As you are an atheist ( correct me if I am wrong ) ...

You're wrong.

...and I am a Christian - the debate should be Atheism vs Christianity - Which is the truth? You can present all your points on why you don't believe and I will present the reasons I do believe. I'm giving you a heads up because it will be about 2 weeks before I'd be able to buckle down and do it. I know you gave me the option for choosing topic of debate ( and you get last word ) but do you feel comfortable with that topic? Because if you don't I'll find something else. Let me know.

I'll happily rebut your arguments and deconstruct anything presented as 'evidence' as to why you believe the tenets of Christianity are true; but, even though I probably could present a compelling case for so-called "weak atheism", I won't be counter-arguing on the merits of something I don't personally believe in, period.

If that's acceptable to you, let the preparations begin...

Well ... it's been interesting. I announce a little group and all hell breaks loose. If my little announcement was able to create such strife in the "announcement" forum you can imagine what would likely happen in the group setting. Therefore, it's clear that my fellow members and I made the right decision. Y'all have a wonderful day. Pray for truth and wisdom.

Kind of like a 12 year old who doesn't play with his pre school toys until he/she has a younger sibling that age and then they want to fight over them. That is the purpose of the forum because this thread has run its course.

If they want to talk, hook up in the Religion forum.

well i drag a christain friend over and say what the hell is wrong with these people and how can they be so upset that i dont cap? she points out.....chri...stain is a true insult....and then notes that she thought i did it to piss her off.....till she realized i am a terrible speller and never use spell check cause it wants to cap everything....

i am sorry for the offense.....it was unintentional....i do prefer my insults to anyone be intentional..that was not.

well i drag a christain friend over and say what the hell is wrong with these people and how can they be so upset that i dont cap? she points out.....chri...stain is a true insult....and then notes that she thought i did it to piss her off.....till she realized i am a terrible speller and never use spell check cause it wants to cap everything....

i am sorry for the offense.....it was unintentional....i do prefer my insults to anyone be intentional..that was not.

LOL. I (Christians in general) get called FAR worse by guno and Hollie on a daily basis. Nothing surprises me or causes me any pain around here. Thanks for the clarification. By the way ... I added your name to the Christian group prayer list.

What if I believe in the bible, believe in and worship God, but I'm a Pagan? Am I welcome?

Howdy. This particular group was designed for Christians who just want to hang out with other Christians.

I've never actually heard of anyone believing the Bible and worshiping the biblical God AND being a pagan at the same time.

Anyway, the other members and I discussed whether or not we should enjoin ourselves (in the group setting) with non-Christians and we generally decided that it would be best not to for the time being.

However, I strongly suggest that if non-Christians want to start a religious group of some sort and make inter-religious-ecumenism the defining foundation for that group - then go for it. We gotta live boldly. :D

then perhaps they should go on Christian sites and not political discussion boards

just saying

What if I believe in the bible, believe in and worship God, but I'm a Pagan? Am I welcome?

Howdy. This particular group was designed for Christians who just want to hang out with other Christians.

I've never actually heard of anyone believing the Bible and worshiping the biblical God AND being a pagan at the same time.

Anyway, the other members and I discussed whether or not we should enjoin ourselves (in the group setting) with non-Christians and we generally decided that it would be best not to for the time being.

However, I strongly suggest that if non-Christians want to start a religious group of some sort and make inter-religious-ecumenism the defining foundation for that group - then go for it. We gotta live boldly. :D

then perhaps they should go on Christian sites and not political discussion boards

just saying

It is too late because I signed up and this board has a policy of not deleting accounts.

...As you are an atheist ( correct me if I am wrong ) ...

You're wrong.

...and I am a Christian - the debate should be Atheism vs Christianity - Which is the truth? You can present all your points on why you don't believe and I will present the reasons I do believe. I'm giving you a heads up because it will be about 2 weeks before I'd be able to buckle down and do it. I know you gave me the option for choosing topic of debate ( and you get last word ) but do you feel comfortable with that topic? Because if you don't I'll find something else. Let me know.

I'll happily rebut your arguments and deconstruct anything presented as 'evidence' as to why you believe the tenets of Christianity are true; but, even though I probably could present a compelling case for so-called "weak atheism", I won't be counter-arguing on the merits of something I don't personally believe in, period.

If that's acceptable to you, let the preparations begin...

No, we're back to the drawing board. If you are not an atheist then there is no way I'd expect you to take that position. That is ridiculous. Let's do this. What are your biggest problems with Christianity? What do you believe about Christianity? We'll take a topic out of what interests you and me both. How's that? Otherwise this won't be a fun. There isn't anything worse than being in a debate on a topic that doesn't interest you.

just saying

I guess folks who want to talk about Hobbies should go to Hobby sites and folks who want to talk about Health should to to Health sites. Is that what you're saying?

...What are your biggest problems with Christianity? What do you believe about Christianity? We'll take a topic out of what interests you and me both. How's that? Otherwise this won't be a fun. There isn't anything worse than being in a debate on a topic that doesn't interest you.

Here's a video that summarizes some commonly accepted Christian tenets, hopefully in a way that highlights their absurdity:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY2u7JZck_I#t=300]God's Perfect Plan - YouTube[/ame]

...There isn't anything worse than being in a debate on a topic that doesn't interest you.

It's not that the Christianity vs. Atheism debate doesn't interest me; it's that I feel no intellectual responsibility to defend a worldview I don't adhere to (atheism) from the sort of cartoonish onslaught I've seen thrown at it time and again by Christian apologists over the years.

Yes, I realize you may feel the same way about the pejorative manner in which some of Christianity's most sacred tenets are portrayed in the video I posted -- you might even deny that the Bible supports a number of them -- but what you can't deny is the accuracy of my characterization of them as "commonly accepted Christian tenets".

Still, why don't you just lay out your beliefs and the scriptural and introspective justification behind them, maybe with a blurb or two as to why your preferred views (re: exegesis, valid doctrine, etc.) are more reliable than the opposing views of other Christian sects. That should be more than enough fuel to fire the engine of our little debate.

just saying
This is a fucking MESSAGE BOARD...not a political discussion board. There are lots of topics available in open forums where people can message each other concerning their thoughts. Open forums do not offer any relief from the adolescent trolls and unwanted comments from the so called "enlightened" among us. If DS wants to start an invitation-only group for Christians among us that want to discuss Christianity without interference from incompetent, insecure imbeciles that thrive on derision, mockery and hijacking of threads, let it be. Just sayin'...

@ DriftingSand
Send me an invitation.

Last edited:
So for some reason known only to anti-christians, we aren't supposed to make use ofthe site features if it's for religious discussion. We're supposed to leave, lol..

Kinda funny considering they're always whining that we should ONLY engage in prayer/discussion of our religion in private.

How many of you want to do a Bible study with me in the religion forum without just talking about doing it and not doing it? How many of you wish to do it without being negative or arguing too much?

How many of you wish to commit to studying an entire book like the book of John and spending a year or more doing it? And what forum can we do it in that wouldn't object to a Bible discussion and also be free of great atheistic debates that would draw the study off track, insult the people studying, keep study from working, etc?

It would be study and no other agenda. I'm talking about going verse by verse Bible study, overturning every word meaning, referencing other books, etc.

I don't know how much I could do with my schedule right now.

What I do know is that I once had a website with the most Bible. It was up for more than a year and no one cared and even though I advertised and had thousands of page views, I took it down. This is partly why I don't really believe many people but I am open to discussion about it.

Last edited:
...What are your biggest problems with Christianity? What do you believe about Christianity? We'll take a topic out of what interests you and me both. How's that? Otherwise this won't be a fun. There isn't anything worse than being in a debate on a topic that doesn't interest you.

Here's a video that summarizes some commonly accepted Christian tenets, hopefully in a way that highlights their absurdity:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY2u7JZck_I#t=300"]God's Perfect Plan - YouTube[/ame]

...There isn't anything worse than being in a debate on a topic that doesn't interest you.

It's not that the Christianity vs. Atheism debate doesn't interest me; it's that I feel no intellectual responsibility to defend a worldview I don't adhere to (atheism) from the sort of cartoonish onslaught I've seen thrown at it time and again by Christian apologists over the years.

Yes, I realize you may feel the same way about the pejorative manner in which some of Christianity's most sacred tenets are portrayed in the video I posted -- you might even deny that the Bible supports a number of them -- but what you can't deny is the accuracy of my characterization of them as "commonly accepted Christian tenets".

Still, why don't you just lay out your beliefs and the scriptural and introspective justification behind them, maybe with a blurb or two as to why your preferred views (re: exegesis, valid doctrine, etc.) are more reliable than the opposing views of other Christian sects. That should be more than enough fuel to fire the engine of our little debate.

Can anyone spell: "Self absorbed narcissist?" (speaking of the dude in the video. LOL).

Has your debate already begun or were you planning on taking it to "the bullring" or wherever debates occur?

Forum List

Back