New Group for Bible Believers.

Discussion in 'Announcements and Feedback' started by DriftingSand, May 12, 2014.

1. DriftingSand

DriftingSand Cast Iron Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,178
    This isn't really a forum for debate but I came to a belief in Christ and Christianity using a rational and logical train of thought mixed with a personal, life-changing set of circumstances. Just because you don't follow someone else's thought process doesn't mean that they are automatically "delusional" and you are automatically "rational."

I think it's irrational to believe that the entire universe and all life forms are simply accidents that happened by mistake or chance. That makes no sense whatsoever. Chaos does not create order and our universe is ordered.

Anyway ... believe what you want. Your choices are between you and Christ. We will all stand before Him.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,943
    How pathetic is it when a group of Christians can't even start a thread about getting together among themselves, even in a sub-forum that isn't a debating forum, without assorted juvenile tard poseurs spamming it with insults?

Answer: Very.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  3. DriftingSand

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,178
    You would think it would be a simple thing but there are people in this world that literally despise Christianity with every bone of their body and they feel this burning urge to let you know it (if you're a Christian). I always see it as confirmation of the Bible's veracity. Christ said that Christians would be hated for His namesake and the naysayers on this form (and many others) simply prove His point/promise/warning.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2014
  4. mamooth

mamooth Gold Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,634
    Nice persecution song and dance, Drift and Pic. If we all just agree you two are the biggest victims on the planet, will you stop?

5. TemplarKormac

TemplarKormac Newly Minted Classical Liberal Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,243
    If I negged you, would you stop?

6. TemplarKormac

TemplarKormac Newly Minted Classical Liberal Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,243
    I figured that would do the trick. Carry on.

7. DriftingSand

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,178
    Another one crawls out from under a stump. See ya later m.

8. Picaro

Picaro Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,943
    I'm not a Christian. You can't even troll accurately.

Even more pathetic.

9. hazlnut

hazlnut Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,073

Christmas and Easter are pagan-based holidays loaded with pagan traditions and symbols.

You may be a pagan and don't even know it.

Do you wear a wedding band (right)?

Pagan!

10. Capstone

Capstone Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,683
    What makes my thought processes more "rational" than many Christians is the manner in which I hold my beliefs -- without undue certainty, not incorrigibly, and not against the grain of implausibility. Whether those beliefs happen to be true or false, the processes by which I've come to accept them were designed to guard against delusion.

On the other hand, Christians, in general, have been indoctrinated for centuries to employ thought processes that not only fail to guard against delusions but actively encourage them. From the onset of your personal Christian path, you're required to accept an implausible corpus of beliefs "on faith" (not reason), with 'absolute conviction' (not a healthy skepticism), and to remain firm in the face of whatever counter-evidence may come your way (not the least bit rationally). The processes themselves have constituted the recipe of mass delusion for nearly two millennia.

On top of that, many denominations place a great deal of importance on introspective 'religious experiences' that are completely subjective and problematic in other ways as well. As I recently asked a Christian in another thread, how can you be sure that your feelings or the voices in your head are more reliable than the feelings/voices in a Catholic's head? Or a Mormon's? Or a Scientologist's? Or, for that matter, a Muslim's?!

As I interpret it, the evidence suggests that there is a multi-aspectual 'natural order' holding sway in the cosmos. That doesn't call for us to postulate a means of order beyond nature itself, though.

As a pantheist, I personally equate "nature" to a very specific form of "divinity", in a way that doesn't violate Occam's Razor; but that's a philosophical worldview with a rich tradition in logic and reason, as well as 'spirituality'.

If I ever find myself "stand[ing] before" your god, my sole consolation will be that my rejection of "HIM" in this life has always been based on my God-given faculties. And that, my Christian friend, would be no small consolation, not even amid the flames of Hell.