New England Patriots vs. Denver Broncos

Patriots were never in the game. Brady was terrible. Still 0for in SB wins since they were caught cheating. SWEET!

The Patriots deserved to lose that game. The Broncos were the better team yesterday. Having said that, Jim, I'm starting to think you know very little about football.

Each team wanted to win that game, and both had a shot at making history. Manning's headed into the twilight of his career and Brady has more years left. Manning has a shot at his second SB win and I hope he gets it.

By the way, since both Colorado and Washington have legalized marijuana, will there be any commercials about the game being called the Super Bowl?

The Colts beat the Broncos in a highly advertised and viewed matchup early in the season. The Patriots beat the Colts convincingly. Gotta go with Brady. He's has the rings to prove he is clutch. This is the end of the road for the Broncos. It might cost Manning MVP also even though that is only supposed to be an award for regular season accomplishments.

Now what were you saying Huggy?:lol: I was about 95% certain the donkeys would win this game because of a few key statisitics people who picked the Broncos overlooked. 1.The cheatriots were poor on the road this year going 4-4. 2.They got away beating The Broncos earlier in Boston this year cause the donkeys did not have their best receiver Thomas and more importantly,their runningback Moreno so Manning did not have a running game to work with in the second half like he did sunday when he Moreno was healthy. 3.In every playoff game when Manning and Brady faced each other,the home team won and I expected it no different this time especially because like I said,the cheatriots have been bad on the road this year and have been a different team while playing road games so the altitude and the crowd noise had an effect on the offense.

That crowd is the second most difficult crowd in the NFL to deal with.

I like both Brady and Manning. I'm an AFC West guy (been a Chief's fan since the 60's), but I have to say that when you count Brady out, you're making a big mistake. Manning may be on his last season so he has something that he wants to take to retirement with him. And he's good. Real good.

When you talk the best quarterbacks ever, the names Manning, Brady and Montana should instantly come to mind. Probably going to come down to whether the receivers can catch what comes their way.

Either way, going to be a good game. Pats by 3.

Bradys name immediately comes to my mind but not Mannings.:lol: Montana for sure,thats a no brainer.When I think of the best quarterbacks ever I have MANY that I put ahead of Manning since he is mr choker in big games and I guarantee that will continue when they face the seahawks on superbowl sunday.:lol: the REAL superbowl was between the niners and seahawks.

when I think of the greatest quarterbacks ever,I have many that I put way ahead of Manning. Montana of course,Brady,Johnny Unitas,John Elway,Terry Bradshaw,Otto Graham,Fran Tarkenton,steve Young,Troy Aikman,Roger Staubach,Brett Farve,and Bob Greise.I'll take any of those quarterbacks any day of the year in the last two minutes in a BIG game any day of the year over Peyton Manning.He was like Dan Marino.very impressive during the regular season at putting up impressive numbers for statistics but in BIG games when the game is on the line,I will take all those other quaretbacks any day of the year everytime over mr choker Manning.

Last edited:
Like I said all year. Just give the rings to Denver. They have outclassed the league this year. Yeah they've given up some points & yards but when you're regularly outscoring the opposition like they do it really doesn't matter except for the stat trackers.

you can give them the AFC ring but come superbowl sunday,dont be surprised at all if manning has his worst game ever since his first start as a pro in his rookie year facing a defense like no other he has faced all year long.:lol:

The Colts beat the Broncos in a highly advertised and viewed matchup early in the season. The Patriots beat the Colts convincingly. Gotta go with Brady. He's has the rings to prove he is clutch. This is the end of the road for the Broncos. It might cost Manning MVP also even though that is only supposed to be an award for regular season accomplishments.

Now what were you saying Huggy?:lol: I was about 95% certain the donkeys would win this game because of a few key statisitics people who picked the Broncos overlooked. 1.The cheatriots were poor on the road this year going 4-4. 2.They got away beating The Broncos earlier in Boston this year cause the donkeys did not have their best receiver Thomas and more importantly,their runningback Moreno so Manning did not have a running game to work with in the second half like he did sunday when he Moreno was healthy. 3.In every playoff game when Manning and Brady faced each other,the home team won and I expected it no different this time especially because like I said,the cheatriots have been bad on the road this year and have been a different team while playing road games so the altitude and the crowd noise had an effect on the offense.

You know, I've found that, by and large, people who use the terms "Belicheat" or "Cheatriots" simply don't know that much about football. Thanks for proving my point there buddy.

(FYI, in November Moreno ran 37 times for 224 yards and a TD. He WAS their offense that game. I can't believe he managed to do that apparently without playing at all! And you know they were missing TE Julius Thomas in November, right? Not their best receiver Demaryius Thomas?)

You know, I've found that, by and large, people who use the terms "Belicheat" or "Cheatriots" simply don't know that much about football. Thanks for proving my point there buddy.

(FYI, in November Moreno ran 37 times for 224 yards and a TD. He WAS their offense that game. I can't believe he managed to do that apparently without playing at all! And you know they were missing TE Julius Thomas in November, right? Not their best receiver Demaryius Thomas?)

well I was half buzzed that day while listening to what the announcers were saying during the cheatriots/donkeys game.I really was so that's what it sounded to me what the announcers said. :D

I love how you chetriot fans and these sportscasters on drugs saying belecheat is the greatest coach of all time always ignore FACTS that before Brady came along,Belecheat was a miserable failure and a complete washout as a head coach.That Tom Brady resurrected his career from the toilet.That he was a complete washout in Cleveland.:lmao:

Now if he had been a winner as a head coach with OTHER organizations like Bill Parcells was taking both the pats and the jets to AFC title games and the pats to the superbowl,then these network announcers saying he is a great coach would have a good point but before Brady came along,he was a complete loser and a total washout.:lol: He didn't even think Brady was good enough to be the opening day starter that year,he never put him in there till he was FORCED to with Bledsoes injury.:lol:

oh and don't use that weak excuse of that fluke year he went 11-5 with matt cassel at quarterback that he is a good coach either because according to that warped logic,Todd Haley is a great coach as well because Cassel also went 10-6 one year with the chiefs and went to the pro bowl that year.:lol:

that year with the chiefs and that year with the cheatriots were just fluke years for cassel.:lol:

funny how you got off topic that this thread is about how the chetriots and the pats game.hee hee.

Brady's coach was interviewed and he said Brady watches a lot of video and calls players and coaches on out it. Did you see what that team or player did in game # 1?

I believe that preparation assuming the athleticism is present is the key to winning in the NFL. That is what makes Russell Wilson so good as young as he is. I'm not so sure a team mate calling his fellow players out is such a good idea. That is the function of the coaches. Brady's film study would probably be better served if he just passed his findings on to the coaches so they could apply the improvements needed that Tom has isolated.

I suppose he could take the players he has identified for a talking to privately if they wanted to hear his analysis. I find it odd that these players in need of reminding, in Brady's estimation, are not taking it upon themselves to study film for their own benefit and improvement.

Pretty much ALL of the Seahawk players study film of themselves and their opponents to see what they can do to prepare better. I am very keen on watching as many player interviews as possible and to a man they have all mentioned that they spend time studying the films of their own play and their future opponents.

Brady is essentially a coach for the Patriots. All the other players respect and look up to him. From what I've read, he also has an insane memory. He'll pick up things on film that he hasn't seen in years and remember every single detail. There was an article on ESPN about it last year, it was a fascinating read.

"I relate it to a pro golfer," said O'Brien, who has worked more closely with Brady than anyone else the past three seasons. "Pro golfers, at the end of a tournament, they can remember every shot that they hit, what the lie was, what club they used. With Tom, he remembers every play that he's run in his whole career.

"That's not an exaggeration," O'Brien continued. "It's a testament to the way he's prepared and studied. If we were playing a defensive coordinator that he had played earlier in his career, and it's six years later, he could remember plays that he ran against that guy -- the hashmark, home game/away game, what part of the field it was in. I think that's a great trait to have. That ability to remember plays was always pretty cool to me."

"Say we're playing the Dolphins, there will be times in the meeting room where Tom will be like 'Pull up that game from '02, third quarter, I think we're on the 35-yard line, it was light snow, we're on the right hash, and we ran this play.' A minute later, we're watching the play and it's exactly what happened," said backup quarterback Brian Hoyer.

SOURCE

I rank Brady as the third best quarterback of all time right behind 1.Unitas and 2.Montana.Just like those two players,he has that special gift of making every player around him better than they are.average players into good players and good players into great players.He is that rare special quarterback that has that gift.

So Denver prevailed over the Chargers.

I always have a tough time thinking the Pats are out until they are gone.

Manning wants to shed his playoff reputation, so let's see what will happen.

understandable about pats.yeah your right,with tom brady,you can never count them out.the ONLY reason I am taking the donkeys over the pats is cause it is in denver.

In Boston during the playoffs,they are usually like they were yesterday,unbeatable but I think up in denver,Manning will win in the rematch I think.

They didnt score very many points against my chargers because the chargers know them so well and had the advantage of Mike mccoy telling them what would happen next.

They were the only team that faced them this year that not only beat them in denver,but also controlled the clock against them. the crowd and the altitude will be a factor for brady in the offense this time.I see Manning going to the superbowl and losing to the the winner of the NFC game.as i have said many times,the AFC conference is weak.

as I was saying,that was the only reason I was taking the donkeys to win this game over the chetriots is that mile high home field advantage of that noisy crowd and thin altitidute.that thin air altititude came into play later in the second half for the pats them not being used to it and all,their defense was on their last legs trying to suck oxygen into their lungs with their hands on their hips.

Had this game been on a neautral field where brady gets to call audibles,I would have taken the pats in a heartbeat.Brady always comes up big in big games. that homefield advantage was just too much for that offense to overcome though.

had the hawks and niners game been on neatral field,I think the niners would have won that game not having to deal with the crowd noise they had to but that 2th man,was way too unbearable for them to handle.:lol:

Ha ha!

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 50
The Patriots did a disservice to the Broncos playing so soft and lethargic. SF at least gave the Seahawks a dogfight albeit stepping on their dick in the 4 th qtr. The Broncos were not well prepared by the New Eggland matchup. They will go into deep shock when they step on the field with the Seattle Seahawks.

Forum List

Back