San Francisco 49ers vs. Seattle Seahawks

Papageorgio

The Ultimate Winner
May 18, 2010
PNW
This looks like it will have the makings of a great rubber game.

The best rivalry in the NFL today.

Tough to pick a winner on this one. Edge Seattle because of the home field, but I don't know either way, it will be good.

I just want to say I am not surprised Carolina lost, frankly youblook at their season schedule they had a week schedule and they lost to the better teams and beat just a few good ones, so I am not surprised......

Carolina is still a good team. They played tough all year and I expect them to be a top team next year.

San Francisco had a better defense and that is what won the game.

Seattle and San Francisco have two good defenses. I'm thinking San Francisco with a slight edge on the offensive side, however Seattle is home and that is an added factor.

i have lost complete faith now in carrol in the seahawks with their pathetic offense that looks like a bunch of high school kids playing.that being said,my new picks for the superbowl are the niners and donkeys with the niners winning it all. now i would LOVE to be wrong of course but that idiot carrol refuses to let wilson air it out down the field and keeps doing the martyball thing -marty shittenhimer-running on both first and second down all the time and never mixing it up and airing it out.the niners will be all over that game plan next week.:mad:

Last edited:
i have lost complete faith now in carrol in the seahawks with their pathetic offense that looks like a bunch of high school kids playing.that being said,my new picks for the superbowl are the niners and donkeys with the niners winning it all. now i would LOVE to be wrong of course but that idiot carrol refuses to let wilson air it out down the field and keeps doing the martyball thing -marty shittenhimer-running on both first and second down all the time and never mixing it up and airing it out.the niners will be all over that game plan next week.:mad:

You are. Love springs eternal.

Seattle has the best defense in the NFL and OWNS Kaepernick at the Clink.

What it will come down to offensively is Lynch and Gore and which QB makes the fewest mistakes. Both Kaep and Wilson will make a few great plays but which one will throw a couple of ints ????

SF v. Seattle is a classic game and will be the real Super Bowl this year, IMO. Since the Niner's already blew out Denver (52-10) and San Diego (49-26) in past Super Bowls I'm hoping for SF v. NE with a final score of SF 55 and NE 22.

And next fall the SF Giants defeat the Boston Red Sox in the World Series.

Last edited:
The Arena Football Seahawks will win.

They definitely have the ugliest uniforms in the NFL, looks minor league to me.

My favorite uniforms worn by NFL players, is the 49er uniform. :thup: Love red, white and gold...okay...bronze. :lol: I see it as gold because I see them as gold. I love that team.

I would like to investigate something possibly a little more germaine than the color of the unis.

That would be the underlying motivations leading up to Sunday afternoon's match between SF and Seattle.

One could say it is as simple as winning would place the victor in the Superbowl. Yes of course it would but it has been a long season and there are many "enemies" lurking past present and future that could be viewed as reasons to win this weekend.

Most importantly SF lost the last superbowl and certainly would like to get back in the big show for another try.

SF lost a meaningless preseason game 10-6 to the Broncos while Seattle beat the snot out of the Donkeys in pre season 40-10.

SF lost in N O to the Saints yet Seattle embarrassed the Saints in the regular season and again this last weekend in the divisional round of the playoffs.

SF lost in a close game at home to Carolina then redeemed themselves today in the Panthers home stadium. Seattle also beat the Panthers in the first regular season game in Carolina.

All in all there are no real monkeys on the back of the 9ers, regardin the Seahawks, except the 29-3 beat down the 49ers suffered at the Clink early on in the season. They believe they evened the score in SF.

Seattle has several axes to grind. The last second loss in Atlanta last season that Seattle had been cheated of winning by fate that would have given the Seahawks an NFC title shot. That game still stings. The recent 2 point loss in SF by a flukey yet remakable Gore 52 yard last minute run while the Seahawks would have won if thier usually suffocating defense faltered. I think the Seahawks would like payback for that game. I also believe that The Seahawks do take pride in the home record that was spoiled by a good Cardinal defense and an incredible catch in the endzone that was smacked twice by our DB yet still hung on to by the AZ reciever. All in all it wouldn't surprise me that every Seahawk player to a man believes that the Hawks should be undefeated. I think they still have a chip on thier shoulders and want to prove they are better than SF this Sunday aside from the advancement to the Superbowl.

There in I believe lies the difference in motivation. I think that SF sees this game as a chance to play the AFC champs and redeem themselves.. meaning that they are looking PAST this game to some degree and the Hawks will be going into this game solely to beat down thier rival.

I don't think the Seahawks are the least concerned with whom ever wins out in the AFC. They know that the 9ers are stronger than either of the other conferences remaining teams.

I believe that bad taste of last years Superbowl still sticks in the 9ers mouths and that has been thier motivation all season. I believe as well as the fact that the Seahawks match up stronger in many areas to SF thier looking ahead will be thier undoing.

Last edited:
rottenecard_82466021_cpdthsw22v.png

I would like to investigate something possibly a little more germaine than the color of the unis.

That would be the underlying motivations leading up to Sunday afternoon's match between SF and Seattle.

One could say it is as simple as winning would place the victor in the Superbowl. Yes of course it would but it has been a long season and there are many "enemies" lurking past present and future that could be viewed as reasons to win this weekend.

Most importantly SF lost the last superbowl and certainly would like to get back in the big show for another try.

SF lost a meaningless preseason game 10-6 to the Broncos while Seattle beat the snot out of the Donkeys in pre season 40-10.

SF lost in N O to the Saints yet Seattle embarrassed the Saints in the regular season and again this last weekend in the divisional round of the playoffs.

SF lost in a close game at home to Carolina then redeemed themselves today in the Panthers home stadium. Seattle also beat the Panthers in the first regular season game in Carolina.

All in all there are no real monkeys on the back of the 9ers, regardin the Seahawks, except the 29-3 beat down the 49ers suffered at the Clink early on in the season. They believe they evened the score in SF.

Seattle has several axes to grind. The last second loss in Atlanta last season that Seattle had been cheated of winning by fate that would have given the Seahawks an NFC title shot. That game still stings. The recent 2 point loss in SF by a flukey yet remakable Gore 52 yard last minute run while the Seahawks would have won if thier usually suffocating defense faltered. I think the Seahawks would like payback for that game. I also believe that The Seahawks do take pride in the home record that was spoiled by a good Cardinal defense and an incredible catch in the endzone that was smacked twice by our DB yet still hung on to by the AZ reciever. All in all it wouldn't surprise me that every Seahawk player to a man believes that the Hawks should be undefeated. I think they still have a chip on thier shoulders and want to prove they are better than SF this Sunday aside from the advancement to the Superbowl.

There in I believe lies the difference in motivation. I think that SF sees this game as a chance to play the AFC champs and redeem themselves.. meaning that they are looking PAST this game to some degree and the Hawks will be going into this game solely to beat down thier rival.

I don't think the Seahawks are the least concerned with whom ever wins out in the AFC. They know that the 9ers are stronger than either of the other conferences remaining teams.

I believe that bad taste of last years Superbowl still sticks in the 9ers mouths and that has been thier motivation all season. I believe as well as the fact that the Seahawks match up stronger in many areas to SF thier looking ahead will be thier undoing.

What happened Huggy? All year long I have been hearing about the greatness of the Seahawks. Now the difference in the NFC Championship will be the 49ers overlooking the Seahawks. Is it on that thin thread your hopes lie? Frankly, I am a bit disappointed.

Seattle has the home field and has played well against the 49ers on their home field. The 49ers are healthy. Should be a good game.

Seattle has the home field and has played well against the 49ers on their home field. The 49ers are healthy. Should be a good game.

Seattle can pile up points in a hurry if they get some turnovers.
The home field noise definitely works to their advantage.
That being said, the Saints hung in there after being down 16-0 at the half.
If the Niners don't give the ball away, they win.

What happened Huggy? All year long I have been hearing about the greatness of the Seahawks. Now the difference in the NFC Championship will be the 49ers overlooking the Seahawks. Is it on that thin thread your hopes lie? Frankly, I am a bit disappointed.

Seattle IS a great team. So is SF. True I haven't spent the whole year extolling the virtues of the 9ers. That would be because I don't care about San Francisco success. :lol:

Both teams are built nearly identical. They both have mobile QBs that have cost the teams little compared to other upper level teams. This has allowed both teams to load up in talent areas that other teams cannot afford to. SF has built up the talent in thier D and O lines where Seattle has developed the most talented secondary in the NFL. Both teams have a dependable marqui running back. Both Gore and Lynch are hard runners that can take it to the house on any play. Both teams have talented TEs although they are used slightly differently on thier respective teams... Davis is more like a big WR and pushes downfield more often than Miller or Willson. SF has Boldin and Crabtree. Boldin is talented on crossing routes and Crabtree is SFs deep threat. Seattle pretty much cancels out SFs recievers with the fastest closing and hardest hitting secondary. Seattles recievers are not that hard to cover and SF has pedestrian DBs. The advantage Seattle enjoys is that thier recievers are especially clutch at coming down with the ball. All of Seattle's recievers are what Boldin was supposed to be as far as players that fight for and win possession of the football consistantly.

It will be an epic game. I believe Seattle has a measurable advantage at home against the 9ers. That has been demonstrated in thier last two matches in Seattle. This is a fact that cannot be denied. SF only beat the Hawks by 2 points in a recent game at Candlestick. Seattle beat SF 29-3 in Seattle but without the threat of Crabtree. I don't think Crabtree offers SF a 26 point cushion to make up the difference from the last Seattle game.

Still the advantages and dissadvantages are not glaring. Like I said... this will be an epic game and if the ball bounces one team's way more than the others either team could win.

You spelled "their" wrong numerous times, you also misspelled receiver and remarkable. I wouldn't normally point that out but you were all over a poster for spelling earlier.

The 9er's have nice looking uniforms, have a better offense than Seattle.
Hawks have that ugly neon green crap going on, have a better defense than San Francisco.

Should be a close game and I would expect it to come down to TO's which Seattle is better, however SF is better scoring of TO's.

You spelled "their" wrong numerous times, you also misspelled receiver and remarkable. I wouldn't normally point that out but you were all over a poster for spelling earlier.

Hawks have that ugly neon green crap going on, have a better defense than San Francisco.

Should be a close game and I would expect it to come down to TO's which Seattle is better, however SF is better scoring of TO's.

You miss spelled "off" you dope !! :lol:

Nope.that honor goes to your st louis lambs who USED to have the coolest uni's by far when they were in LA.I would be the happiest man alive if they came back to LA but NOT if they wore the uniforms they have now.I would rather them stay there in st louis rather than come back to LA and play in those ugly looking disgusting treads.those colors fit for a stupid name like st louis rams but to wear those colors for their real name Los angeles rams would disgrace the game of football.well they already have with that retaRDED NAME ST LOUIS RAMS but they would disgrace it evern more so with those uni colors in LA.

You miss spelled "off" you dope !! :lol:

I did that for you buddy. You are welcome.

My favorite uniforms worn by NFL players, is the 49er uniform. :thup: Love red, white and gold...okay...bronze. :lol: I see it as gold because I see them as gold. I love that team.

classic LA RAMS uniforms blows all others away except the chargers when they had the yellow pants also.

Forum List

Back