New England Patriots vs. Denver Broncos

The Colts beat the Broncos in a highly advertised and viewed matchup early in the season. The Patriots beat the Colts convincingly. Gotta go with Brady. He's has the rings to prove he is clutch. This is the end of the road for the Broncos. It might cost Manning MVP also even though that is only supposed to be an award for regular season accomplishments.

Brady's coach was interviewed and he said Brady watches a lot of video and calls players and coaches on out it. Did you see what that team or player did in game # 1?

The Colts beat the Broncos in a highly advertised and viewed matchup early in the season. The Patriots beat the Colts convincingly. Gotta go with Brady. He's has the rings to prove he is clutch. This is the end of the road for the Broncos. It might cost Manning MVP also even though that is only supposed to be an award for regular season accomplishments.

Brady's coach was interviewed and he said Brady watches a lot of video and calls players and coaches on out it. Did you see what that team or player did in game # 1?

I believe that preparation assuming the athleticism is present is the key to winning in the NFL. That is what makes Russell Wilson so good as young as he is. I'm not so sure a team mate calling his fellow players out is such a good idea. That is the function of the coaches. Brady's film study would probably be better served if he just passed his findings on to the coaches so they could apply the improvements needed that Tom has isolated.

I suppose he could take the players he has identified for a talking to privately if they wanted to hear his analysis. I find it odd that these players in need of reminding, in Brady's estimation, are not taking it upon themselves to study film for their own benefit and improvement.

Pretty much ALL of the Seahawk players study film of themselves and their opponents to see what they can do to prepare better. I am very keen on watching as many player interviews as possible and to a man they have all mentioned that they spend time studying the films of their own play and their future opponents.

Season MVP will be Manning, that isn't even a question.

As far as his playoff run? Maybe he will dispel some of the doubt.

This is a must-see game for me and I'm rooting for Denver. Might be a better game than whoever plays in the Super Bowl.

Obviously I want the Pats to win, but I have a feeling the Broncos are going to pull it out.
I think that if the Doncos win it will be because the NFL told the refs to throw the game. Watch for it. The NFL is like the WWE, just rigged sports entertainment. Like last week when SF sacked Cam and got a ruffing penalty.

Last edited:
Obviously I want the Pats to win, but I have a feeling the Broncos are going to pull it out.
I think that if the Doncos win it will be because the NFL told the refs to throw the game. Watch for it. The NFL is like the WWE, just rigged sports entertainment. Like last week when SF sacked Cam and got a ruffing penalty.

Because clearly, that had a huge effect on the outcome of the game. :cuckoo:

Don't cha just love poetic justice? But just think about all the games the refs got away with throwing.

Last edited:
I like both Brady and Manning. I'm an AFC West guy (been a Chief's fan since the 60's), but I have to say that when you count Brady out, you're making a big mistake. Manning may be on his last season so he has something that he wants to take to retirement with him. And he's good. Real good.

When you talk the best quarterbacks ever, the names Manning, Brady and Montana should instantly come to mind. Probably going to come down to whether the receivers can catch what comes their way.

Either way, going to be a good game. Pats by 3.

Don't cha just love poetic justice? But just think about all the games the refs got away with throwing.

It IS interesting that a Manning and Brady emerged this season as the cream of the AFC with all the dark horses and up-n-comers thrashing around in the weeds. Momentom seemed to favor the Chargers, The Bengals and the Colts late in the season... yet the marqui old school QBs arose from what appeared to be the ashes once again.

I like both Brady and Manning. I'm an AFC West guy (been a Chief's fan since the 60's), but I have to say that when you count Brady out, you're making a big mistake. Manning may be on his last season so he has something that he wants to take to retirement with him. And he's good. Real good.

When you talk the best quarterbacks ever, the names Manning, Brady and Montana should instantly come to mind. Probably going to come down to whether the receivers can catch what comes their way.

You missed one. Terry Bradshaw has four rings. Won the SB two times in a row...twice.
Montana has four, Brady three.....Manning only one. I used to be a Bronco fan as far back as when they wore stripped socks. But when they brought in a QB that I spent 10 years hating, that's when my support died. Now I don't even like Elway any more. Pft!
I hated Manning because he played for Indianapolis, who stole the team from Baltimore. I don't like the Ravens for the same reason.

Last edited:
I think much of this game is won or lost with the running game, we saw that from both teams last week. If you have a good running team it opens up the passing game with good play action quarterbacks, Manning and Brady are two very good play action QB's.

I believe that preparation assuming the athleticism is present is the key to winning in the NFL. That is what makes Russell Wilson so good as young as he is. I'm not so sure a team mate calling his fellow players out is such a good idea. That is the function of the coaches. Brady's film study would probably be better served if he just passed his findings on to the coaches so they could apply the improvements needed that Tom has isolated.

I suppose he could take the players he has identified for a talking to privately if they wanted to hear his analysis. I find it odd that these players in need of reminding, in Brady's estimation, are not taking it upon themselves to study film for their own benefit and improvement.

Pretty much ALL of the Seahawk players study film of themselves and their opponents to see what they can do to prepare better. I am very keen on watching as many player interviews as possible and to a man they have all mentioned that they spend time studying the films of their own play and their future opponents.

Brady is essentially a coach for the Patriots. All the other players respect and look up to him. From what I've read, he also has an insane memory. He'll pick up things on film that he hasn't seen in years and remember every single detail. There was an article on ESPN about it last year, it was a fascinating read.

"I relate it to a pro golfer," said O'Brien, who has worked more closely with Brady than anyone else the past three seasons. "Pro golfers, at the end of a tournament, they can remember every shot that they hit, what the lie was, what club they used. With Tom, he remembers every play that he's run in his whole career.

"That's not an exaggeration," O'Brien continued. "It's a testament to the way he's prepared and studied. If we were playing a defensive coordinator that he had played earlier in his career, and it's six years later, he could remember plays that he ran against that guy -- the hashmark, home game/away game, what part of the field it was in. I think that's a great trait to have. That ability to remember plays was always pretty cool to me."

"Say we're playing the Dolphins, there will be times in the meeting room where Tom will be like 'Pull up that game from '02, third quarter, I think we're on the 35-yard line, it was light snow, we're on the right hash, and we ran this play.' A minute later, we're watching the play and it's exactly what happened," said backup quarterback Brian Hoyer.

SOURCE

you kidding? compared to the playoff teams in the NFC,these two teams are weak and will get crunched by the winner of the NFC game.

The dude has been picking against Seattle all season. He's just mad cuz he ran outta gambling money long ago betting against the Hawks. Now he's been going double or nothing and a knee capping every time he screws the pooch. It's made him cranky.. :lol:

All season?

I only said the Saints would beat them in the divisional playoffs, that was more a wish than I thought, I didn't realize how bad the Saints were. I was wrong, but my point all along has been they won't win the Superbowl once they come up against superior competition from the AFC.

I will admit, I don't like them, mostly because of DWFs like you.

you should start a comedy club saying the AFC has superiour competion.:lol::lmao::lmao:

as someone else said before,the REAL superbowl will be the NFC team.they are the two best teams.:lol::lol:

You missed one. Terry Bradshaw has four rings. Won the SB two times in a row...twice.
Montana has four, Brady three.....Manning only one. I used to be a Bronco fan as far back as when they wore stripped socks. But when they brought in a QB that I spent 10 years hating, that's when my support died. Now I don't even like Elway any more. Pft!
I hated Manning because he played for Indianapolis, who stole the team from Baltimore. I don't like the Ravens for the same reason.

cool to see a fellow mate who feels the same way about football as i do.:mm::beer: The players and the owners have ruled a great game for us.the owners by moving teams away.there should be a law against that.:mad:

I lost interest in football when the rams moved away from LA.I hate every football team that has moved.Rams are number one on the list.they were the coolest team when they were in LA.they had the coolest uni's. after they moved,i switched to being a chargers fan since they are in sunny california as well and have the same color uniforms but its not the same.The Rams I lived and died with.For me,football ended when they moved.I hope Georgia frontier died a slow painful death,that evil woman.

I pretty much only watch old football games now other than the chargers and seahawks now cause i like wilson. st louis rams has got to be the most retarded name for a football team.same with indianapolis colts and arizona cardinals.

I would say its a tie between arizona cardinals and st lois rams as the most retarded name for a football team. the baltimore colts are the ONLY true colts teams.they should call indianapolis the indianapolis racers since they want a team so bad.and arizona should do what the cardinals in st louis did,they had both a football and baseball team called the cardinals.move the cards back to st louis where they belong and call the arizona team the arizona suns.they can have the phoenix suns and the arizona suns.

other than the chargers,i mostly live in the past in the good old days watching games from back then when those teams lived in those cities.

i hate the broncos now as well since they went from those awesome orange crush uniforms to the ugly ones they have now.

Last edited:
Denver up by 10 at the half, it seems Denver is really outplaying, however it's only 10 points at the half, this may not bode well for the Broncos in the second half.

Game now looks like Denver's to lose. Up by 17, however if any team can rally...it's New England.

Like I said all year. Just give the rings to Denver. They have outclassed the league this year. Yeah they've given up some points & yards but when you're regularly outscoring the opposition like they do it really doesn't matter except for the stat trackers.

Forum List

Back