New dispute over boy abducted to Brazil

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by rightwinger, Apr 6, 2010.

1. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,511
    New Dispute Over Boy Brought to NJ From Brazil - ABC News

The grandmother of a boy brought from Brazil to his father's New Jersey home to resolve an international abduction case is complaining that she's not allowed to see the child.
    Goldman, brought Sean home to New Jersey on Dec. 24 after a five-year international custody battle. Silvana Bianchi, Sean's maternal grandmother, has complained on Brazilian television that she?s not allowed to see him.

The Brazilian woman and her husband arrived in New Jersey last month with hopes of visiting 9-year-old Sean Goldman.

His father, David Goldman, brought him home on Dec. 24 after a five-year international custody battle. The U.S. Congress and Brazil's Supreme Court weighed in on the case, and the presidents of the two countries discussed it when they met last year.

The boy's mother, Bruna Bianchi, took the child to her native Brazil in 2004. There, she divorced Goldman and eventually married a Rio de Janeiro lawyer. After she died giving birth to a daughter in 2008, the abduction case started getting attention around the world.

2. Dr Gregg

Dr Gregg BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +200
    I think she lost all sympathy and right ot see the kid when she purposely kept the kid from his father for as long as they did.

I'm assuming she was part of the people keeping the boy from his parent

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  3. Xenophon

Xenophon Gone and forgotten

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,751
    She didn't seem to care about the boy's 'human rights' when the father was denied access for FOUR YEARS.

4. Political Junky

Political Junky Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,542
    Screw that grandmother. She thinks the world revolves around her. She put the boy's dad through hell for years.

5. WillowTree

WillowTree Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769
    I sure as hell would not let an unsupervised visit take place. I'm with you guys. screw that old lady.. you want fair then you need to play fair..

6. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769
    Goldman traveled repeatedly to Brazil to visit his son. But he did not get to see the boy until U.S. Rep. Chris Smith, a Republican from New Jersey, began accompanying him last year.

ya reaps what ya sow.

7. Luissa

Luissa Annoying Customer Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,664
    I don't feel bad for the grandmother, I feel bad for the boy. He is the one in the middle of this, and his father should have allowed a supervised visit if that is what his son wanted. If not, screw the grandmother.

8. Baruch Menachem

Baruch Menachem '

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,305
    Unbelievably petty.

I would not allow unsupervised visitation. but visitation at a neutral location, like would be in everyone's best interest.

9. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,511
    I can't figure out what grandma is thinking. Her visitation is solely at the discretion of David Goldman. If she continues to interfere with his relationship with his son, the father will rightfully deny any visits. She needs to start acting like a real grandmother an work with the childs rightful parent

10. WillowTree

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14,769

if she cared about the kid she would, but what she cares about is vindictiveness toward her ex son-in-law.. same with the dead wife. she snuck child off to Brazil against American law. Vindictive,, payback is hell.