Job openings rise in several sectors in February

Jobs are slowly returning as employers are starting to test the waters.

Once the trend turns positive, we should get an employment spike

Bad news if you are wishing for the economy to fail

Jobs are slowly returning as employers are starting to test the waters.

Once the trend turns positive, we should get an employment spike

Bad news if you are wishing for the economy to fail

I didn't even wish that under Dubya; and I thought he was a royal screw up. But I kept hoping that something he'd do would help create jobs...........but never happened.

Well.. unlike you.. .I do not want the president to 'do' anything to try and create jobs... the only jobs that the president can create are government jobs and government support jobs.. I want the president to get his or her motherfucking nose out of it and help ensure the freedoms for individuals and companies to create the jobs as needed for them to freely operate their businesses

Well.. unlike you.. .I do not want the president to 'do' anything to try and create jobs... the only jobs that the president can create are government jobs and government support jobs.. I want the president to get his or her motherfucking nose out of it and help ensure the freedoms for individuals and companies to create the jobs as needed for them to freely operate their businesses

You are oh so wrong about that. There are MILLIONS of private sector jobs out there that wouldn't exist had the government not changed or create a policy. For instance. Remember FHA? There would be a much smaller housing industry w/o FHA guarantees. Have you ever heard of Lockeed, Boeing, McDonald Douglas? None would be in existance to the degree they are now without military spending. There would be zero jobs building Hummers, if not for the government. You should really learn to look at the world as it is rather than through the prism of some idealogy.

BTW, it's been almost a year and a half since the finance industry almost took the entire economy down the tubes. Despite the need for jobs, the private sector has done zip. The private sector is not a 'leader', it is a 'responder'. It will NEVER look at the nation as a whole and say, 'we need more jobs' and then set about doing something about it. They will only respond when there is a profit in sight. So, what does the government try to do? It tries to 'dangle' that profit in front of them or at least, ensure that the unemployed has some income so at least the number of 'customers' doesn't drop so far or quickly that it results in the loss of even more jobs.

You're stuck in 'idealogy' mode. Me? I'd rather be stuck in 'yes, they have a roof, food, and clothing and can pay their bills' mode.

Last edited:

You are oh so wrong about that. There are MILLIONS of private sector jobs out there that wouldn't exist had the government not changed or create a policy. For instance. Remember FHA? There would be a much smaller housing industry w/o FHA guarantees. Have you ever heard of Lockeed, Boeing, McDonald Douglas? None would be in existance to the degree they are now without military spending. There would be zero jobs building Hummers, if not for the government. You should really learn to look at the world as it is rather than through the prism of some idealogy.

BTW, it's been almost a year and a half since the finance industry almost took the entire economy down the tubes. Despite the need for jobs, the private sector has done zip. The private sector is not a 'leader', it is a 'responder'. It will NEVER look at the nation as a whole and say, 'we need more jobs' and then set about doing something about it. They will only respond when there is a profit in sight. So, what does the government try to do? It tries to 'dangle' that profit in front of them or at least, ensure that the unemployed has some income so at least the number of 'customers' doesn't drop so far or quickly that it results in the loss of even more jobs.

You're stuck in 'idealogy' mode. Me? I'd rather be stuck in 'yes, they have a roof, food, and clothing and can pay their bills' mode.

I agree to some extent. Its like a pyro that burned someone's house down and then helps re-build the next one. Its a good deed, but doesn't excuse past acts. The government needs to stop tax-breaks for moving jobs overseas, and give tax breaks for new jobs created here. Look at how many jobs were moved, look at how many folks lost their jobs and houses, and then look at a few job gains. On balance the DC clowns still get an F, they only noticed that the tax revenues are down, so they can't whore for Wall Street....just yet.

Tax incentives to small business do not create jobs??

Providing incentives to prevent sending jobs overseas does not save jobs?

Providing business loans does not create jobs?

Last edited:
Please keep it up economy, I need to get a new job by the end of the summer

Forum List

Back