New deal with Cuba

Castro is the problem. He doesnt want us there. If we were to normalize relations the castros would lose a lot of power and they know it. Pretty foolish if you ask me,he would be a true hero to the people if he was the one to bring economic prosperity to cuba.
I've never heard it said that Cuba boycotts U.S. products. It's always been an embargo. He may not want us there, but with trade comes all sorts of unintended consequences. That's why I think allowing a small minority in S.Florida to influence our foreign policy was near-sighted at best.

Castro knows full well that economic prosperity brought by relations with the US would undermine his authority.

Once castro is gone I dont have a problem with normalizing relations with Cuba. I'd love to have another tropical vacation spot and the cuban people could use the tourist dollars.
What's the big deal with Castro? We dealt with the Soviets and the Chinese without embargoes. We even have relations with a country that's still Communist and fought a war against, Viet Nam. IMO, the treatment we gave them created an "us vs them" mentality in Cuba, that propped the regime up longer than if we'd normalized relations and allowed our system to slowly undermine theirs.

Castro is the problem. He doesnt want us there.
If we were to normalize relations the castros would lose a lot of power and they know it.
Pretty foolish if you ask me,he would be a true hero to the people if he was the one to bring economic prosperity to cuba.

So if Castro does not want us there, Haven't we been doing him a huge favor by having the Cuban Embargo?
Using your logic the embargo has been doing just the opposite of reason if was implemented!

Once castro is gone I dont have a problem with normalizing relations with Cuba. I'd love to have another tropical vacation spot and the cuban people could use the tourist dollars.
What's the big deal with Castro? We dealt with the Soviets and the Chinese without embargoes. We even have relations with a country that's still Communist and fought a war against, Viet Nam. IMO, the treatment we gave them created an "us vs them" mentality in Cuba, that propped the regime up longer than if we'd normalized relations and allowed our system to slowly undermine theirs.

Castro is the problem. He doesnt want us there.
If we were to normalize relations the castros would lose a lot of power and they know it.
Pretty foolish if you ask me,he would be a true hero to the people if he was the one to bring economic prosperity to cuba.

So if Castro does not want us there, Haven't we been doing him a huge favor by having the Cuban Embargo?
Using your logic the embargo has been doing just the opposite of reason if was implemented!

Pretty much yeah...to the detriment of the cuban people,which of course castro wants so he can keep control.
He knows he would lose that control if the US were to start doing business in cuba.

Castro is the problem. He doesnt want us there. If we were to normalize relations the castros would lose a lot of power and they know it. Pretty foolish if you ask me,he would be a true hero to the people if he was the one to bring economic prosperity to cuba.
I've never heard it said that Cuba boycotts U.S. products. It's always been an embargo. He may not want us there, but with trade comes all sorts of unintended consequences. That's why I think allowing a small minority in S.Florida to influence our foreign policy was near-sighted at best.
There's no trade. The embargo stays. This is normalization of diplomatic relations. One of obumble's donors can buy an ambassadorship. The embargo can only be lifted by Congress. The Cubans in Congress won't let that happen.

There's no trade. The embargo stays. This is normalization of diplomatic relations. One of obumble's donors can buy an ambassadorship. The embargo can only be lifted by Congress. The Cubans in Congress won't let that happen.
This has changed.

This has changed.
I'm not really over Lee Harvey Oswald. But, I concede the CIA and Jt Chiefs gave Castro real grounds for anger.

This will give progressive neo-coms , marxist professors, and occutards a place to feel at home in.

It's about time. Maybe I can buy another '57 Chevy to replace the one my dad sold for $125 when I went on active duty (it was a two-door station wagon (210); a few year ago I saw the same model at a car show all tricked out with a price tag of $25,000!

It's about time, the embargo hurt the Cuban people and simply made Castro stronger. It's time to establish diplomatic relations and put a MLB team in Havana and allow me to buy a '57 Nomad.

57 chevy nomad station wagon - Google Search

This has changed.
I'm not really over Lee Harvey Oswald. But, I concede the CIA and Jt Chiefs gave Castro real grounds for anger.
no evidence of that myth

OBABBLE at his most self adoring. Wind whistling thru his teeth as he brings up yet another US imperfection...what a day for the community organizer. Preaching teaching and calling for a MLK moment of breast beating.

Three bad guys for one US contractor. Another great Obama deal. He better get this craziness out of his system before republicans are sworn in on Jan 20th.
Not just a contractor. From the article:
Cuba also freed a U.S. intelligence source who has been jailed in Cuba for more than 20 years, although authorities did not identify that person for security reasons.

A Marxist asking what's wrong with Castro, how is anyone supposed to answer that?

Forum List

Back