New deal with Cuba

A swap of prisoners and sweeping new policies kick start a new era of relations with Cuba. Considering the policies in force since 1961 have done little, it could lead to more normal relations with the soon-to-be post-Castro Cuba.

Cuba releases American Alan Gross in prisoner swap - CNN.com
When can we go fishing?

My nephew just went to Cuba; I am sure he will claim credit for the policy change, but, really, he is down there chasing communist pussy.

Once castro is gone I dont have a problem with normalizing relations with Cuba.
I'd love to have another tropical vacation spot and the cuban people could use the tourist dollars.
It's a beautiful place. The rest of America along with the rest of the world enjoys vacations there. The US is the only country in America that doesn't.

Once castro is gone I dont have a problem with normalizing relations with Cuba. I'd love to have another tropical vacation spot and the cuban people could use the tourist dollars.
What's the big deal with Castro? We dealt with the Soviets and the Chinese without embargoes. We even have relations with a country that's still Communist and fought a war against, Viet Nam. IMO, the treatment we gave them created an "us vs them" mentality in Cuba, that propped the regime up longer than if we'd normalized relations and allowed our system to slowly undermine theirs.

Once castro is gone I dont have a problem with normalizing relations with Cuba.
I'd love to have another tropical vacation spot and the cuban people could use the tourist dollars.
His brother in charge is no different than Fidel.

He's shown signs of cooperation with the US and once fidel is gone he might feel freer to work with us. Than again he may not.
Pretty obvious it's all about power and keeping the cuban people down.
If money were to start rolling in it would be much harder to keep em that way.

Once castro is gone I dont have a problem with normalizing relations with Cuba. I'd love to have another tropical vacation spot and the cuban people could use the tourist dollars.
What's the big deal with Castro? We dealt with the Soviets and the Chinese without embargoes. We even have relations with a country that's still Communist and fought a war against, Viet Nam. IMO, the treatment we gave them created an "us vs them" mentality in Cuba, that propped the regime up longer than if we'd normalized relations and allowed our system to slowly undermine theirs.

Castro is the problem. He doesnt want us there.
If we were to normalize relations the castros would lose a lot of power and they know it.
Pretty foolish if you ask me,he would be a true hero to the people if he was the one to bring economic prosperity to cuba.

A swap of prisoners and sweeping new policies kick start a new era of relations with Cuba. Considering the policies in force since 1961 have done little, it could lead to more normal relations with the soon-to-be post-Castro Cuba.

Yes, the prisoner swap with the Taliban has worked out so well...

Castro is the problem. He doesnt want us there. If we were to normalize relations the castros would lose a lot of power and they know it. Pretty foolish if you ask me,he would be a true hero to the people if he was the one to bring economic prosperity to cuba.
I've never heard it said that Cuba boycotts U.S. products. It's always been an embargo. He may not want us there, but with trade comes all sorts of unintended consequences. That's why I think allowing a small minority in S.Florida to influence our foreign policy was near-sighted at best.

Yes, the prisoner swap with the Taliban has worked out so well...
Apples and oranges. One does not have much to do with the other.

Three bad guys for one US contractor. Another great Obama deal. He better get this craziness out of his system before republicans are sworn in on Jan 20th.

Who would have possibly imagined that a commie US President would be kissing the ass of another commie nation?

Forum List

Back